Chamonix is the home of the best lifted skiing terrain on earth.
Situated in the shadow of Europe’s highest peak Mont Blanc it features soaring peaks, cascading glaciers and seemingly endless ski itineraries. Cable Cars & Gondolas carry you into improbable locations in the mountains, and with a set of skins and touring bindings, a short or long hike you will unlock a further myriad of possibilities
Steep couloirs, open powder fields, glacial mazes and perfect corn snow are just a few of the options Chamonix offers.
Richard & Nicole Ross of aussieskier.com have been visiting Chamonix for many years and have realised that the only way to experience the best it has to offer is with a fully qualified IFMGA/UIAGM Mountain Guide. From both a perspective of safety and local knowledge, their time spent with guides has given them memories of a lifetime throughout the Alps. It is as a result of these adventures that their friends have been asking for years to share their experiences and this tour was born
We have put together a package to maximise enjoyment of the area for strong off-piste skiers and ski tourers.
- Transportation to/from Geneva Airport – shared, leaving approx 2pm Sun March 11th.
- Welcome drinks and canapés upon arrival at the chalet.
- Chalet accommodation for 7 nights, twin share (Sunday through Saturday) – includes open fire, hot tub and breathtaking mountain views 5 minute walk into Chamonix centre.
- Linen and towels and toiletries provided.
- Continental breakfast each morning.
- 6 day Chamonix Unlimited lift ticket to ski 3 countries.
- 6 days skiing with IFMGA/UIAGM certified guides (maximum 5 skiers with each guide).
- Ground transportation within Chamonix and to surrounding ski resorts including Italy and Switzerland.
- Homemade cake and afternoon tea served by the roaring log fire on arrival back at the chalet.
- 4 course evening meal accompanied by carefully selected wines and tea/coffee – 6 nights.
- Instruction in ski touring techniques and safe mountain travel.
- A team of people looking after you – head chef, chalet host, 2 tour hosts, guides, housekeeping.
- Lots of challenging skiing in spectacular surrounds
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
- Airfares – competitive pricing is available through our partner Kate Gleeson at Allure Travel (call 03 95292363 or email).
- On-mountain lunches – guests will be able to experience lunch at local villages over the 3 countries during the week. Estimated 3 days of the week. The other days will be pack lunches for touring days outside of resort areas.
- 1 Dinner is left open for the group to explore town together and experience the local cuisine with new friends – Wednesday
- Alcoholic beverages – après in-town (should the group choose to) & the in-town dinner.
- In house massage service – available on request.
- Gear: skis, backpack, avalanche beacon, probe, shovel and helmet.
- Ski backpacks including beacon, shovel and probe are available to rent for $150 for the duration of the trip.
- If you wish to rent ski equipment please let us know so that we can co-ordinate your rental.
- Travel Insurance is Not Included: We require travel insurance for all guests, and will request proof to ensure the safety of the trip. Cover must include participation in extreme sports such as skiing, mountain climbing, glaciers, alpinisim, etc plus mountain helicopter rescue, hospitalisation and repatriation to your home country. Cover which includes cancellation is highly recommended.