Bureau of Meteorology Forecasts

Alpine Areas | NSW | VIC | TAS

Snowy Mountains Forecast

Issued: Sun Aug 18
A high pressure ridge will shift to the northeast today as a strong cold front moves across the state from the west. In its wake a slow moving high pressure system will move across the Bight bringing a strong southwesterly flow across the south of the state.

Today
Partly cloudy. Areas of morning frost. High (80%) chance of showers in the late afternoon or evening, mainly in the west, and possibly falling as snow above 1000 metres. Winds north to northwesterly 25 to 35 km/h becoming northerly 30 to 45 km/h in the middle of the day then turning west to northwesterly 25 to 35 km/h in the late evening.
Chance of snow 1800m : 70%
1400m : 40%
1000m : Below 5%
Mon Aug 19
Partly cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of snow showers about the alpine peaks, medium (40%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm near the Victorian border in the early morning. Patches of morning frost. Winds northwesterly 25 to 35 km/h turning westerly before dawn then increasing to 30 to 40 km/h in the morning.
Chance of snow 1800m : 70%
1400m : 70%
1000m : 20%
Tue Aug 20
Partly cloudy. Areas of morning frost in the north. High (80%) chance of showers about the ranges, slight (20%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 1100 metres. Winds westerly 25 to 40 km/h.
Chance of snow 1800m : 60%
1400m : 40%
1000m : Below 5%
Wed Aug 21
Partly cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of showers in the west, medium (60%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 1000 metres. Winds westerly 25 to 40 km/h.
Chance of snow 1800m : 70%
1400m : 40%
1000m : 10%

Source: Bureau of Meteorology. Source id: IDN11032

Jane Bunn - Snow Forecast

Sun 09:20am 18 Aug

Updated: Sunday morning. The next system is a stronger front moving through later on Sunday. It has great cold air in behind it, but it does begin warm (in gusty northerly winds).SUNDAY: Quite sunny for much of the day...

Windy.com - Snow Forecast

Top