1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

1 full week or 2 half weeks?

Discussion in 'Falls Creek' started by ammer, Jun 23, 2011.

1. ammer

ammer First Runs

I'm deciding on my length of stay at Falls Creek. We are all beginners and I need advice on length of stay. I am very flexible about when to go, I homeschool my 4 boys so we can really go anytime. Would 7 days be too much for us? I'm thinking on a 7 night stay we might just ski 5. Would 5 days be very hard on my poor old body??!! And I expect we will be falling down a lot, so should I do maybe a 3/4 night stay ski 3 days then go back later in the year? Any thoughts?

2. Hully

Hully One of Us

I would personally go the 2 x slightly shorter stays. You are then not putting all of your eggs in the one basket regarding weather and conditions. Before moving up here (Mt Beauty) permanently, we did our skiing from Melbourne. We had moved from going up for a week or two at once to doing a number of long weekends and a couple of single weeks during the season. We then got different weather and snow conditions over the season and increased our odds of lucking onto the day(s) of the season. Also a full week of skiing is pretty hard physically if you are not use to it. If school holidays are not an issue, come up out of holidays and mid week. Quietest days on the hill for lessons and lfit crowds are Fri and Sun so try and included them in the mix.

3. ammer

ammer First Runs

Thanks Hully. This way I will also have more choice with accommodation!

#3 ammer, Jun 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2013
  4. currawong

currawong Old but not so Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

also see your other thread about another option