Observations 13-17th September

Rabid K9

A Local
Ski Pass
Jul 15, 2008
Revolting with a capital R up at Falls.

Mizzle has got worse if anything, has reversed any gains from preceding couple of days looking around village. Cold temps will turn the snowpack into a icecap after this, so next weeks higher temps might be a blessing, at least can maybe some corn can ripen.

The Plowking

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Aug 15, 2000
Bonbeach, Vic
Revolting with a capital R up at Falls.

Mizzle has got worse if anything, has reversed any gains from preceding couple of days looking around village. Cold temps will turn the snowpack into a icecap after this, so next weeks higher temps might be a blessing, at least can maybe some corn can ripen.
Don't agree.
Will turn to snow before freezing up imo.
Should bond OK imo.

Hopefully

POW Hungry

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 28, 2000
Eastern Burbs of Sydney
Really Really disappointing today. Tried to snow all day at Thredbo but couldn't get any better than freezing rain. Hopefully it doesn't freeze overnight.
It's snowing on cruiser cam, as it has done so on/off all of today (~1600m).
Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 5.44.56 pm.png

Reactions: SMSkier

SMSkier

One of Us
Ski Pass
Oct 4, 2016
I expect a forum pasting over this however I observe that the most misused word(s) of winter are .......

POWDER.... POW....UNTRACKED POW.....

Often underpinned by phrases like "day of the season" or "Does not get better than this in Australia"...........

Declarations of fresh powder today.....really? It was heavy snow... welcome none the less compared to the alternative, but.......

Don't get me wrong, it's been a fabulous ski season to date with plenty of really good quality snow, often dry, and likely it's not done yet but every time it snows the POW declaration is rolled out.

POW :p:skier:

POW Hungry

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 28, 2000
Eastern Burbs of Sydney
I expect a forum pasting over this however I observe that the most misused word(s) of winter are .......

Often underpinned by phrases like "day of the season" or "Does not get better than this in Australia"...........

Declarations of fresh powder today.....really? It was heavy snow... welcome none the less compared to the alternative, but.......

Don't get me wrong, it's been a fabulous ski season to date with plenty of really good quality snow, often dry, and likely it's not done yet but every time it snows the POW declaration is rolled out.

I submitted my alias back in 2000 along with my hotmail account. Don't hate me.

Meanwhile... Floodwatch out for Greater Melbourne.o_O
Temps dropping in the Otways

Skichic2

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 22, 2017

But, but, but knee deep pow was reported today on PSR! In Pleasant Valley no less! ;)

The Plowking

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Aug 15, 2000
Bonbeach, Vic

Did anyone actually call powder today anywhere or are you yelling at clouds?

Alexski

Addicted
Jun 22, 2001
Gosford,NSW,Australia
Temps are up slightly all over, earlier snow at 1700m ASL is now rain on all cams. Looks like tonights forecast snow will be all rain. Temps marginal until around 6am tomorrow.

Funky

One of Us
Apr 15, 2002
Maybe not on the forums, but plenty of punters I shared t-bars with did today, raving about the epic conditions:eek: I just ignored them and tried to wring the water out of my mittens:(

To be fair, the snow condition may not be perfect, but all things considered I'd almost put it in epic category*. Ok ok the asterisk is for September. Amazed how much snow is here.

kimberlee81

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 8, 2004
Victoria
Visit site
Absolutely pissing down in Geelong. Has been for a while. If this makes it to Buller without a substantial temperature drop, there will only be mud and grass by morning!

Rabid K9

A Local
Ski Pass
Jul 15, 2008
+0.1C at Thredbo TS (@ 1957m ASL) right now.

Another 1-2 hours of this shiz IMO.

Driving rain still up in Falls, peaked about the same time Geelong did tonight.

Amazed any snow is left to slide off rooves, but it still is. Can't see it being a gain this system.

Missed by a couple of degrees. 0.25 of a day of decent conditions in the 5.5 I've been here is not to bad, I guess.

POW Hungry

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 28, 2000
Eastern Burbs of Sydney

Amazed any snow is left to slide off rooves, but it still is. Can't see it being a gain this system.

Missed by a couple of degrees. 0.25 of a day of decent conditions in the 5.5 I've been here is not to bad, I guess.
Will be midnight switch for the first of the Vic resorts IMO.

blueandwhite

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 26, 2016
TQY

You have pretty high expectations for mid-september. We have been skiing Falls since Sunday and with the exception of yesterday and I think it was Tuesday we thought conditions were great. All lifts open, decent visibility, regular top-ups and light winds for much of the time, all on a 2m base.

Reactions: DiscoStuAU

The Plowking

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Aug 15, 2000
Bonbeach, Vic
Packing the car at 3.30, #1 son says he feels sick. 5 minutes later it's happens and my day trip is over before it started. @CarveMan
Pls report what I'm missing.
Be nice late morning imo with a bit more accumulation. No big fresh day or anything but nice surface anyway

GS

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 20, 2004
Yarra Valley Vic
Packing the car at 3.30, #1 son says he feels sick. 5 minutes later it's happens and my day trip is over before it started. @CarveMan
Pls report what I'm missing.
Be nice late morning imo with a bit more accumulation. No big fresh day or anything but nice surface anyway

Bugger x 2.

My weekend plans were also upset late fri afternoon...heading back into work today instead of skiing. Sort of happy to miss skiing in the rain last night

Reactions: The Plowking
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass