IMG_3654.JPG
Bucketing Wild Brumby.

**Edit - eased (misting) ski tube

Reactions: POW Hungry

Floodman

Hard Yards
Nov 1, 2002
Bowral
Blue Cow has plenty of wind, snowing on and off with a brief burst of sun. About 2-3cm of fresh. Just starting to stick to the trees up top. Freedom Chair and some others on windhold with vis variable.

Reactions: Snowy Joey

POW Hungry

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 28, 2000
Eastern Burbs of Sydney
Thanks to the base and good conditions, this past week has revealed some of the best freestyle parks in Australian resort's history IMO. The media coming out of Thredbo's one hit wonder and Perisher's FV park this week have been mind blowing.
Good to see Marcus Kleveland in Aus - easily the best in the world if you ask me.

From earlier in the week:

AJS

One of Us
Jul 28, 2014
Mixed bag at Thredbo, started wet but conditions improving every minute.
Plenty of snow falling at present (Black Sallees).
Hero snow. Zero lift queues.
No place I'd rather be. Time to head back out.
IMG_3673.JPG

Snow Dog

One of Us
Jun 23, 2014
I observe its a clear evening and a coolish 24C in São Paulo and I would much prefer to be on the new snow at Bull.

Reactions: POW Hungry

loweee

One of Us
Apr 21, 2002
Jindabyne
Jindy 5c and passing showers. Looks like a little bit is making it to the hills from here, however, concur from this angle Thredbo will do best on the tail end.

Reactions: Snowy Joey

blackice

One of Us
Dec 15, 2000
Nations Capital
Our day has been cut short by injury but was good while it lasted. Light and heavy snow showers on and off at PV all morning with everything from tiny graupel to big fat flakes. Fairly windy and low vis up high. Softer more spring like snow down low.

CarveMan

I Never Slice
Ski Pass
May 12, 2000
Les Hautes Montagnes
aussieskier.com
Packing the car at 3.30, #1 son says he feels sick. 5 minutes later it's happens and my day trip is over before it started. @CarveMan
Pls report what I'm missing.
Be nice late morning imo with a bit more accumulation. No big fresh day or anything but nice surface anyway
Yeah it was nice this morning, creamy fresh and the rain affected stuff underneath didn't freeze solid which was good. Had fun today, tomorrow morning will be crunchy then hopefully slush bumps afternoon!

Makazaru

Hard Yards
Mar 13, 2007
Sydney, NSW, Aust.
I observe that at Perisher it wasn't all doom and gloom today, especially up higher and off the busy areas. Eyre and Sun Valley my picks of the afternoon. Just had to stop for a couple of these to help the legs settle - no lines, no rest!
IMG_20170916_140545_698.jpg

Couple of clouds still lurking, but clearing quickly. Hope for a moderate freeze tonight, tomorrow will be great on the groomed runs until it softens.

POW Hungry

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 28, 2000
Eastern Burbs of Sydney
That grass looks 95% cured! Is it a particularly dry area? Grass is all bright green here.
It looks like the Monaro Hwy which is leeward of the Main Range and KNP so is largely rain shadowed.
The Southerly fetch this AM would've done wonders to bring moisture (and that threatening cloud) up and around the Vic Alps, hence why Thredbo tends do well in the South-Sou-Easterly bearing range.

Reactions: teckel

Floodman

Hard Yards
Nov 1, 2002
Bowral
Perisher quite good this afternoon up high after early slush firmed up the cover as the cold air moved in. Mix of hail, sago and snow this morning gave way to a sunny finish.
I'm anticipating greased concrete tomorrow morning giving way to slush after lunch meaning an early finish.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass