Canberra
Lightly snowing at Corrin Forest ACT 6pm
20170818_175303.jpg

NewTurns

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 30, 2013
Sydney
I observe after being stuck in Mascot for the best part of the day, the airport was a right kerfuffle with the wind in Sydney.
Yep. Landed 2.5 hours late from ADEL. Pilot crabbed it in sideways and a bit pitched over in a quarter roll...wrestling the whole way in on approach. Banged it down hard. Good job all round and earned his money. Slightly surreal though we had 60 Japanese school kids on tour squealing the whole way in...with a massive hysterical roar on touchdown!

POW Hungry

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 28, 2000
Eastern Burbs of Sydney
Big winds across the ranges now...funky stuff on the doppler out oberon way.
Was out there all arvo, shooters hill, black springs, Jenolan. All very moist with sporadically heavy snow showers ever 20-30mins.
Not a lot was sticking but certainly cms have accumulated throughout the day.

Textbook snow cloud (below) moving through Black Springs around 4:30pm. This thing put about a cm on the ground in about 10-15mins.
IMG_6824.JPG

Portski

Addicted
Jun 13, 2005
North Coast NSW
Yep. Landed 2.5 hours late from ADEL. Pilot crabbed it in sideways and a bit pitched over in a quarter roll...wrestling the whole way in on approach. Banged it down hard. Good job all round and earned his money. Slightly surreal though we had 60 Japanese school kids on tour squealing the whole way in...with a massive hysterical roar on touchdown!
Flew in and out n Dh-8s, like paper bags in the wind.

Reactions: NewTurns

Skichic2

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 22, 2017
Been 4-5 years since that kinda rock-garden-fill-up-steps-disappear kinda action IMO
I remember vermillion and CC goin' nuts and a valued member posting alternate cam pics of Bullville dumpage..... #sogood #sohappy #❄️
Hope it's still there in a coupla weeks!

Roarkie

Addicted
Jun 8, 2015
Please someone answer this question.
I really want to know too. Especially since the Perisher AWS did not record precipitation for a whole 9 hours since 4am. Please
I'd guess about 70-80cm for Perisher since Wednesday based on their reporting (they didn't report Wednesday daytime snowfall it was about 10-15cm).

JustCantStop

Addicted
Mar 12, 2001
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Little bit off topic and deserves own thread, but I observe a phenomenal season! I thought climate change had ruined seasons of this depth for ever. And it is even more extraordinary that it was looking terrible until late-ish July. I think safe to say we were all worried. Crumbs!

Reactions: Taipan

POW Hungry

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 28, 2000
Eastern Burbs of Sydney
Little bit off topic and deserves own thread, but I observe a phenomenal season! I thought climate change had ruined seasons of this depth for ever. And it is even more extraordinary that it was looking terrible until late-ish July. I think safe to say we were all worried. Crumbs!
I think you'll find most weren't worried. The biggest discussions in this weather forum come from trying explain the true nature of Australian ski seasons...
but I do agree things are starting to look above average after our second +half a metre dump for the season.

Skichic2

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 22, 2017
I observe some light snow flurries falling this morning. Perisher normally visible behind the hill in the background. Breezy, zero degrees and no traffic on the farm @chicski and @Principal Douglas. Saturdays in August definitely hectic after good snowfalls up the hill!!

IMG_2302.JPG
We've had flurries all morning. Settling on the dogs and cars, not on the ground.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Learn how membership works on these forums
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass