Observations 14-20th August

GS

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 20, 2004
Yarra Valley Vic
No snow at TBJ, I was hoping to observe a nice white cover for a night ski tomorrow evening :(
tbj 17 aug.jpg

Jacko4650

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 15, 2014
After so many days of r $@n here at Island Bend I was confident a big white dump was immenent. The ground briefly went white but the temp is still about 1 degree too warm, hence massive falls of semi frozen precip. The Snowy River is threatening riverside campsites (everyone has now departed). Gotta be pukin at higher alts, just gotta!

BlueHue

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 17, 2003
South of Cooma
After so many days of r $@n here at Island Bend I was confident a big white dump was immenent. The ground briefly went white but the temp is still about 1 degree too warm, hence massive falls of semi frozen precip. The Snowy River is threatening riverside campsites (everyone has now departed). Gotta be pukin at higher alts, just gotta!
Wednesday night into early Friday is about good accumulations in resort and alpine areas. Friday is about colder temps, low level snow and great snow quality in the resorts. The best for combining quantity of snow on ground and quality will be Friday morning.

Reactions: FourSquare04

Jacko4650

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 15, 2014
Temp has dropped to 0.5 degrees at Is. B. and winds have dissipated. Something coming me thinks . . . . ?

glengary

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 31, 2015
Temp. has dropped nearly 5 degrees here in Hallam in 30 minutes with some light hail. Should be all good for tonight when this reaches the alps.

Reactions: DiscoStuAU

Undies

Rockin the lock in
Ski Pass
May 15, 2002
Top drawer
The green eyed monsters are out, it seems! Don't worry, Normo loves to share. There's so much to go around. :D

Beautiful afternoon in Sydney, but a bit breezy. Flags are looking toight on flagpoles.

I'm heading to Charlottes in the morning so will give updates en route. Stay safe out there, peeps!

snowblowa

One of Us
Jun 15, 2010
Essendon
Better yet, let put 3 separate resorts within spitting distance of each other.

LOL it's gettin' nasty!

I observe for a "dry" winter punctuated by higher than average pressure values and lower than average cold frontal penetration, we's been doin' bloody alright! Bit of a story tho, last handful of seasons been only 2 or 3 big events, not very consistent.
So stoked we are in the midst of another decent event tho...

CedarWHAT?!! Yeah boy, Cedar f***ing WOOD yo!!! :puke:

OlCol

Addicted
Jun 23, 2017
Probably recovered already given that was probably read this AM...
The depth was measured on Tuesday 15th before the 70cm or so of snow that's fallen since. I would say its recovered plus. It would be over 2m now IMO.

OlCol

Addicted
Jun 23, 2017
The depth was measured on Tuesday 15th before the 70cm or so of snow that's fallen since. I would say its recovered plus. It would be over 2m now IMO.
I take that back it was probably taken Tuesday am so may not show the destruction caused.

Ian

One of Us
Ski Pass
Oct 2, 2002
Queanbeyan
Hasn't stopped hosing down here at Cleve Cole, snow is more than level with the top step. A bit colder, the snow not so wet and the occasional bout of big sago. We came back from a run down to Howmans because it was getting a bit too wild.

kaegee

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 23, 2014
Freshwater
The green eyed monsters are out, it seems! Don't worry, Normo loves to share. There's so much to go around. :D

Beautiful afternoon in Sydney, but a bit breezy. Flags are looking toight on flagpoles.

I'm heading to Charlottes in the morning so will give updates en route. Stay safe out there, peeps!
Are you in the serious leg brace ? I obs I'm ins t shirt a Harbord Pub

Ramshead

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 5, 2006
Sydney
I think 70cm is not real. 20cm on the mid station roof of kosi chair. Probably a consistent 30-40 higher up.

I think tonight is the big show. Still coming down nicely at dhg. Hanging about trying to see some thunder snow that the sat pic is promising.
A man who sits by the road waiting for thundersnow is an excellent type of man

Zimboo

A Local
Aug 28, 2014
Just the right temp to invade Poland.

My subie thermometer is broken. Currently reading 33 degrees.
Drives me up the wall . The inability to post insta posts of #howhotisit? is a bugbear.
Our Subie thermometer is still working and reasonably accurate. It was reading 30 degrees today on the Sunshine Coast!!:eek:

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Learn how membership works on these forums
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass