Predictions 14-21st July

Gregah

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 17, 2016
Significant upgrade from the BoM for Hotham this afternoon. Wednesday seems contentious - wise heads here say temps borderline...
1626160035570.png

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Not your average unconventional eccentric.
Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
Melbourne, Lockdown-i-stan .
soundcloud.com
Any opinions on what the snow level will get down to on Saturday with the colder air?
I 'll bet it will be XC skiable from 1200 M. at TBJ at Mt. Stirling by Monday morning. Snow will be seen settling on the road side at 800 M. ASL in VIC..
I have now purchased and printed my day entry pass for Falls Creek for this Sunday :) .

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
soundcloud.com
An Upgrade from the EC this morning.
This thing is going to be good. :ski:

I am calling it the " SDS Therapy front".

It does look like a mini Snowmageddon to me.
Lake Mtn. will close the road on Sat. .So will Mt. Hotham coming from Harrietville.
That is my prediction. :emoji_snowflake: :)

Even smaller lower elevation ski locations such as Baw Baw and Lake Mtn. will be building a base from this!!

NEXT 7 DAYS​

Mt Buller: 61-81cm

Mt Hotham: 74-86cm

Falls Creek: 59-65cm

Mt Baw Baw: 28-34cm

Perisher: 74-85cm

Thredbo: 78-82cm

Charlotte Pass: 108-111cm

Selwyn: 57cm

Lake Mountain: 30cm

Mt Stirling: 64-87cm

Ben Lomond: 0cm

Mt Mawson: 4cm

The Horn Road at Mt. Buffalo will be Nordic Skiable.

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
soundcloud.com
BOM
Buller/ Stirling

Friday 16 July​

Summary
snow.png
Min -1Max 1Snow showers. Windy.Possible rainfall: 20 to 30 mmChance of any rain: 95%
rain_95.gif

Cloudy. Very high (95%) chance of snow showers. Winds northwesterly 45 to 55 km/h.
Sun protection not recommended, UV Index predicted to reach 1 [Low]

Saturday 17 July​

Summary
snow.png
Min -5Max -1Snow showers. Windy.Possible rainfall: 15 to 25 mmChance of any rain: 90%
rain_90.gif

Cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of snow showers with possible hail. Winds northwesterly 45 to 55 km/h tending westerly 35 to 45 km/h during the morning then tending southwesterly during the afternoon.
Sun protection not recommended, UV Index predicted to reach 2 [Low]

Sunday 18 July​

Summary
snow.png
Min -3Max 0Snow showers. Wind easing.Possible rainfall: 2 to 4 mmChance of any rain: 90%
rain_90.gif

Cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of snow showers. Winds southwesterly 30 to 45 km/h tending southerly 15 to 20 km/h later.

Monday 19 July​

Summary
snow.png
Min -3Max 1Snow showers increasing.Possible rainfall: 1 to 5 mmChance of any rain: 90%
rain_90.gif

Cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of snow showers, most likely later in the day. Winds south to southwesterly 15 to 20 km/h turning west to northwesterly 20 to 30 km/h during the morning.

snowgum

A Local
Ski Pass
May 4, 1999
vic
EC Determs falling to line with EC Ensembles this morning.
Wow.
Half a metre looking a shoe in by 9am Saturday IMO.
This event has the potential to ‘save’ the main mid-winter period in Vic resorts - if it largely delivers.

It may even result in some non-SM terrain open on the 3 Vic majors? And help to spread crowds - which is good.

Young Angus

One of Us
Ski Pass
Oct 14, 2018
The Bellarine
An Upgrade from the EC this morning.
This thing is going to be good. :ski:

I am calling it the " SDS Therapy front".

It does look like a mini Snowmageddon to me.
Lake Mtn. will close the road on Sat. .So will Mt. Hotham coming from Harrietville.
That is my prediction. :emoji_snowflake: :)

Even smaller lower elevation ski locations such as Baw Baw and Lake Mtn. will be building a base from this!!

NEXT 7 DAYS​

Mt Buller: 61-81cm

Mt Hotham: 74-86cm

Falls Creek: 59-65cm

Mt Baw Baw: 28-34cm

Perisher: 74-85cm

Thredbo: 78-82cm

Charlotte Pass: 108-111cm

Selwyn: 57cm

Lake Mountain: 30cm

Mt Stirling: 64-87cm

Ben Lomond: 0cm

Mt Mawson: 4cm

The Horn Road at Mt. Buffalo will be Nordic Skiable.
Absolutely loving this! Especially Buffalo getting a good dose, that place is magic when snowy :D

POW Hungry

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 28, 2000
Eastern Burbs of Sydney
This event has the potential to ‘save’ the main mid-winter period in Vic resorts - if it largely delivers.

It may even result in some non-SM terrain open on the 3 Vic majors? And help to spread crowds - which is good.

Yer.
Barring an unseasonal heat wave, this event will consolidate a metre base in the alpine (above 1600m) throughout August (with/without additional snowfall) IMO.

The Fallen

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 7, 2015
Central Coast

As a rough guide, the Falls Summit needs approx 80cm base to open and once the Summit opens, the rest quickly follows so this should get us most of the way there.

Young Angus

One of Us
Ski Pass
Oct 14, 2018
The Bellarine
I hope Hotham skiers have programmed Omeo into their GPS?

Omeo - Hotham can have a long but easyish stretch above the snow line - if snow falls to low levels, as predicted Saturday am?
You'd definitely want to be coming this way to Hotham...or just pull up stumps and head to Falls if you're already on the other side haha

Hoping this gets the Orchard closer to opening up, that would be downright delicious!

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
soundcloud.com
I hope Hotham skiers have programmed Omeo into their GPS?

Omeo - Hotham can have a long but easyish stretch above the snow line - if snow falls to low levels, as predicted Saturday am?
I predict the road from Omeo to Hotham will be a fitting chains to ALL CARS on Saturday . The other way in will become shut.

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
soundcloud.com
You'd definitely want to be coming this way to Hotham...or just pull up stumps and head to Falls if you're already on the other side haha

Hoping this gets the Orchard closer to opening up, that would be downright delicious!
You could ski from Mt. Loch Car park all the way down to Dibbins Hut if this thing comes through . Of course you need the skills and the right kit to do it but I am just saying someone like @hongomania or @Chaeron would be interested for sure.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass