Observations 15-21st July The Main Event

BlueHue

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 17, 2003
South of Cooma
Any observations around Kiandra, Selwyn, snowy plains? Keen to go snow chasing today and would prefer to avoid Thredbo and Perisher.
Cabramurra recorded about 10mm of precip in 24 hrs to 9am this morning. I'd guess some of that was yesterday morning before settling. Indicates probably a lot less snow than main resorts but from a road point of iew that's probably a good thing. Check the rta road conditions app, that will tell give you an idea. I'd just drive up the Snowy Mtn highway till it gets too hairy.

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Not your average unconventional eccentric.
Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
Melbourne, Lockdown-i-stan .
soundcloud.com
53cm in 24hrs at Falls.

Cedarwood00.jpeg
I had to cancel my day entry pass for Falls Ck. for tomorrow, 18/7/21. I don't want a refund as much as I want to ski up there !!

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Not your average unconventional eccentric.
Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
Melbourne, Lockdown-i-stan .
soundcloud.com
Mt. Stirling is closed but ski patrol are updating the trail report daily.

Adaminaby Angler

One of Us
Ski Pass
Picked up 7.7 cm of pure snow thus far, but currently the bulk of the action is on the Brindabellas (Wee Jasper area). I'm waiting for that classic "Selwyn Rotation" (WNW curve) to hit me—which is currently just about reaching Hunters Hill.

I'm flat on 0° C at the moment @ 948 m; I too note that a PWS in Wyangle (just outside Tumut at 457 m) has been recording sleet, so likely a snow level of 600 m or so.

Adaminaby Angler

One of Us
Ski Pass
Back down to 0° C in the mid afternoon after a max of 1° C, with intermittent snow showers (bringing my event total up to 11.4 cm)—and Hunters Hill got a fresh 9 cm from these recent rainbands over a 4 hr period.

The next rainbands making landfall in SW VIC have me right in the firing line…shit's about to get real!

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass