Observations 18-23rd September

loweee

One of Us
Apr 21, 2002
Jindabyne
Windy up at Perisher this morning. Was firm and wind affected in spots but others like the middle part of Eyre had some nice windblown. Sun valley bowl had filled in well also.

Reactions: Claude Cat

rime noreason

One of Us
Jun 6, 2014
A whiter shade of pale
This is what it looks like when you have Mt Buller to yourself. I also observed cloudless skies this morning and an excellent tailwind for all Sydney to Melbourne flights. Bulletproof snow off piste just beginning to soften on the sunshine.

I also now observe a line of cool clouds, lenticular, I think, near the Summit.

IMG_3847.JPG
IMG_3887.JPG

blueandwhite

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 26, 2016
TQY
This is what it looks like when you have Mt Buller to yourself. I also observed cloudless skies this morning and an excellent tailwind for all Sydney to Melbourne flights. Bulletproof snow off piste just beginning to soften on the sunshine.

I also now observe a line of cool clouds, lenticular, I think, near the Summit.

IMG_3847.JPG
IMG_3887.JPG

Hey rime you've shattered my dream, i thought the daughter and I had it to ourselves today! Must have missed you...

20170918_085745.jpg

dmz

Puzzles solved here.
Ski Pass
Jun 25, 2001
melbourne
So BOM are saying that there will be snow tonight and tomorrow at Buller. Are they dreamin'?

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Ultra

One of Us
Jun 2, 2009
NSW
Coates Hire bro... Dust Suppression Units.
featured-chariot-of-hire-pt-2-trailer-mounted-d
need those things around near my place, lots of construction, and i observe a fresh layer of dust on everything every morning, and i observe i am going to wash my car, again, for the 3rd time since saturday....

Reactions: alexd

Muddy

Hard Yards
Jul 10, 2012
Sunny day at Hotham, pretty windy up high. Cat tracks at lower elevations very sticky, but still riding nicely in many areas.

Reactions: MarkV

Ubiquitous Steve

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 29, 2008
Very windy in Sth eastern Subs now.....must be getting wild up at higher elevations.
Stuff all rain....but it's trying to spit.....

Kelpieboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 27, 2015
Tooma , NSW
It is with a sadness in my heart that I must report the first warm night breeze of spring. Norwester with some heat in it which is usually the first sign of the end of the winter season.

Reactions: Ian

Kelpieboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 27, 2015
Tooma , NSW
Nah. That happens often enough during winter on your average season ;)

Don't know about where you live but at my high perch near Tumbarumba the breeze I am getting tonight doesn't happen during the cold months. This breeze is quite warm, in fact I am in shorts and singlet right now so spring is definitely taking hold.

Reactions: skichic

The Plowking

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Aug 15, 2000
Bonbeach, Vic
Don't know about where you live but at my high perch near Tumbarumba the breeze I am getting tonight doesn't happen during the cold months. This breeze is quite warm, in fact I am in shorts and singlet right now so spring is definitely taking hold.
Melbourne.
Every other year we get a 20 degree day sometime in August in similar conditions.

Niphophila

Hard Yards
Jul 20, 2013
Table Top
Was warm today in Albury but only a bit of a breeze that dropped off as the sun went down.

However the wind has just really picked up about 15mins ago and it's rattling the windows at times.

dmz

Puzzles solved here.
Ski Pass
Jun 25, 2001
melbourne
Dont know how much rain hit last night but glad that it turned to snow over night. Looks like a few cms overall.

Reactions: rime noreason

rime noreason

One of Us
Jun 6, 2014
A whiter shade of pale
A few centimetres of fresh making a beautiful morning's skiing at MtBuller. Visibility is adequate, wind not like yesterday's galeforce, cloud lifting bottom of wombat bowl which I have to myself and putting down fresh tracks while snow kept falling heavily each run. Bit of drippage from the lift rides so drying out for a half hour before layingmore tracks. Where is everyone??

IMG_4127.JPG
IMG_4072.JPG

Rick Ross Da Boss

One of Us
Jul 19, 2017
A few centimetres of fresh making a beautiful morning's skiing at MtBuller. Visibility is adequate, wind not like yesterday's galeforce, cloud lifting bottom of wombat bowl which I have to myself and putting down fresh tracks while snow kept falling heavily each run. Bit of drippage from the lift rides so drying out for a half hour before layingmore tracks. Where is everyone??

IMG_4127.JPG
IMG_4072.JPG
At work being jealous.....

Reactions: rime noreason
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass