Observations 18-23rd September

SMSkier

One of Us
Ski Pass
Oct 4, 2016
I observe that up high on Mount Perisher there was a lot more snow than reported and fresh turns to be had all morning. As the day progressed the wind kept pushing snow across Mt P. Popped some pics in the Perisher thread. It was like a winters day for the most part.

IMG_2492.JPG

alexd

One of Us
May 22, 2017
Sydney
My lips are copping it.
I thought it was feeling nice. Love these low dew point days.
My lips never cop it, they're addicted to carmex.
I didn't realise you could be addicted to lip balm, until I went to Arizona for my sister's wedding, where the guests' gift bags all included lotion and lip balms. I commented that I was all good since I had carmex, and my brother in law said "Are you addicted yet?". I hesitated and then realised..."yes. yes I am."

Ubiquitous Steve

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 29, 2008
Well down closer to the sea side ...
calm day in Melb.....which is appreciated after their last two days of blustery conditions...a warm day coming up for Ubi who will appreciate the rostered day off.

Only warnings Team Bears came across....( we approach the zone of off topic posting) is a bomb warning for Glenferrje Rd btwn High St and Wattletree Rd) road closed bomb squad on the way!!!

Oh the locals can be a worry!

Still and sunny today BOM (that was not designed to be a pun) sorry.....have forecast max of about twenty deg C.
Winds forecast N to NW approx 20 to 30 km/hr.

The Plowking

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Aug 15, 2000
Bonbeach, Vic
I thought it was feeling nice. Love these low dew point days.
My lips never cop it, they're addicted to carmex.
I didn't realise you could be addicted to lip balm, until I went to Arizona for my sister's wedding, where the guests' gift bags all included lotion and lip balms. I commented that I was all good since I had carmex, and my brother in law said "Are you addicted yet?". I hesitated and then realised..."yes. yes I am."
Weirdo

Reactions: alexd

Ubiquitous Steve

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 29, 2008
A beautiful day....Team Bears have been given a rosteredday off...

They are kicking back luxuriating in the warmth from the sun.
Coffees apple slices...
Vit D levels rising in the troops now.
Mild breeze in Sunbury.....it's warm ..tee shirts are the go..

Ubiquitous Steve

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 29, 2008
Those min temps over next few days .....will quickly have an affect on the snow lying at altitude below 1.500 meters.Mins of approx positive 4 C deg. Max to ten degC.

DiscoStuAU

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 30, 2015
Melbourne City, VIC
Pretty warm afternoon in Melbourne town today. 23c according to the BOM. Hay fever out in force which is my least favourite thing at this time of the year

SMSkier

One of Us
Ski Pass
Oct 4, 2016
Great pic!
Cheers. It's Porcupine Rocks overlooking Crackenback. Nice skin up to that spot then gentle ski back down to Perisher Gap. Or at the mid point you can swing up to Charlottes-that's about 7kms from the 3 way intersection.

Reactions: Snowy Joey and IAB

skull

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 4, 2017
Currently a beautiful mild morning in jindy. Last night was the first night we haven't had the heater on here this season.

Reactions: Snowy Joey

Snow Dog

One of Us
Jun 23, 2014
2 large blowies inside woke me up - and the sun had some sting in it at 7am when I was out for a run
Summer has arrived at buller
(Not sure what all big piles of white stuff are?)
Apparently they are opening the local municipal swimming pool on bourke st today - might have to go for a dip

Reactions: Claude Cat

Gregah

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 17, 2016
26c with blue skies and no wind in Melbourne. Nothing odd in that other than the pressure is 996. Cant recall seeing that combo before...

Reactions: The Plowking
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass