9AD92B68-947D-4B1E-A318-4DE4A268AFA8.jpeg

7097E135-792A-407E-B8AB-E0A02C04D378.jpeg

FFFD39C2-63F9-4A0B-A1B6-4EEECDABB1D2.jpeg

C09D4F18-5DDA-4E17-811C-F86CCA84FB08.jpeg

Jac0b

Hard Yards
Jul 5, 2019
Western Sydney
Yep I noticed that! It also got really dark at about 7:20pm and I realized the sun doesn't set until 30 minutes later. The taller buildings in Parramatta were draped in stratus clouds about 50m above ground.

Today felt extremely muggy and tropical, the air is just saturated so I wasn't surprised by how low those clouds were and the 20mm downpour we got.

And next we have 3 days of southerlies, sub-20 temps + rain. Nov 2021 is the new Dec 2011 I think!

Flowin

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2019
Pinjarra Hills, QLD
Hey @Flowin do you possibly have a new link for the TPW 2 product, my normal link says it's still under maintenance.
Thanks in advance!
@AshestoAshes this the home of mimic tpw2
the animations are straight forward and time periods 1 to 5 days. I find the mapping extents inflexible on that site. So if I want to view just an image or two I tend to prefer seeing on the RealEarth website though you do need search through the vast information options on RealEarth to find it.

• Love
Reactions: AshestoAshes
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Snow Blowey

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Jan 7, 2004
Dubbo NSW
Macquarie got a bit going on. Water on its way into Burrendong from both Cudgegong and Macquarie sides.

Bell has a pretty big slug of water coming down this morning - this flows into the Macquarie below Burrendong.

So they've cut the outflows from Burrendong this morning to try and let the Bell get away first, but with the dam at 130% and more inflows on the way not much room for error. If we get more heavy rain today not sure they can avoid major flooding.

Reactions: Flowin

Mcbobbings

Hard Yards
Jul 10, 2019
Macquarie Park NSW
sorry for what will be a very ignorant question. Wind direction now in Sydney is coming from the SSW/S, but on radar the cells seem to be coming in from the NW and moving to the SE. Is this due to different wind directions at different altitudes? I.e. the surface has Southerly winds, but higher up there are Northerly winds?

Steve777

One of Us
Ski Pass
Ski Pass
Jul 4, 2019
Artarmon, Sydney North Shore
sorry for what will be a very ignorant question. Wind direction now in Sydney is coming from the SSW/S, but on radar the cells seem to be coming in from the NW and moving to the SE. Is this due to different wind directions at different altitudes? I.e. the surface has Southerly winds, but higher up there are Northerly winds?
Got it in one.

The Southerly has inserted itself below the warm, moist tropical air mass that we have been “enjoying” over the last few days. We’ll probably get get showers on the coast from the Southerly over the weekend as the tropical air mass clears NSW.

Snow Blowey

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Jan 7, 2004
Dubbo NSW
Macquarie situation running out of wriggle room.

Dam guys have back the releases right off the let Bell flow through. But Orange has had another inch this afternoon so Bell is going to have a second run which will see solid flows into late tomorrow. Little River also looking to contribute some.

Around 100GL/day flowing into Burrendong at present based on gauges on the Macquarie and Cudgegong. So that 130% full dam will be getting pretty full by tomorrow afternoon.

In Dubbo we've had a steady 10mm over the last hour and its tracking south. If this goes across the whole catchment i can see it turning into a pretty decent event by the end of the weekend.

Supposed to be up to minor flood level tonight.

BlueHue

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 17, 2003
South of Cooma
Just a bit ..... :thumbs:

Fire is on, boots all lined up drying, standing water everywhere, horses rugged up, dogs .... damp and very bored.

Most sustained rain in a very damp year
Near on 48 hrs of non stop rain here, impressive. I think we had a lull for an hour or two yesterday morning.

You were out Maffra way today going by pics? Not poking around in soil samples by any chance?

dawooduck

relaxed and comfortable
Ski Pass
Oct 26, 2002
Mountains
Near on 48 hrs of non stop rain here, impressive. I think we had a lull for an hour or two yesterday morning.

You were out Maffra way today going by pics? Not poking around in soil samples by any chance?

I was indeed .... turns out the bloke that owns the joint went to Ag College with my sister.

Was an excellent event. :thumbs:

Where you amongst the bark chips?

Snow Blowey

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Jan 7, 2004
Dubbo NSW
Gauge downstream of Burrendong Dam:

Burrendong Releases.png

I wonder if someone hit the wrong button last night. Oh shit Dave, you let a bit too much out.

Jokes aside, possibly a well timed release to fill the gap between two peaks in Bell River flows.

Has leveled off in Dubbo this morning but looks like we will get a peak later this afternoon and it may go over the low bridge.

Reactions: whether and Flowin
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass