Predictions 2-6th July Season Starter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sno Sno SNO

Addicted
Jun 23, 2016
Adelaide
Upgrade from BOM of precipitation in Adelaide so I'm hopeful it translates to generally more rather than less moisture for the system further east.

Craig B

One of Us
Ski Pass
Feb 11, 2005
Manly, Sydney
www.instagram.com
EC 00Z 24 hour accum precip to Saturday eve 7pm (all of which is cold enough for major resorts).
Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 2.30.19 pm.png
Still wild divergence on moisture eh, can't wait to see play out.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Not your average unconventional eccentric.
Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
Melbourne, Lockdown-i-stan .
soundcloud.com
Cold but lacks moisture.

10-15 at best Vic IMO. Snowmaking should be full on though.
I have SDS!.
I will see the snow cameras on Saturday or Sunday morning and possibly take the rock hoppers and visit Dinner Plain and Falls Creek on Monday and Tuesday.
According to the EC it is not looking like it is going to snow much according to the latest modelling run.
:-(

NEXT 7 DAYS​

Mt Buller: 10cm

Mt Hotham: 9cm

Falls Creek: 5cm

Mt Baw Baw: 5cm

Perisher: 6cm

Thredbo: 8cm

Charlotte Pass: 12cm

Selwyn: 3cm

Lake Mountain: 8cm

Mt Stirling: 12cm

Ben Lomond: 9cm

Mt Mawson: 3cm

The EC is now seeing some more snow on July 10th at Hotham . What do the brains trust make of that ?

snowgum

A Local
Ski Pass
May 4, 1999
vic

Great graphic (moving), action looks small on Monday, virtually dead by Tuesday. Oh for Saturday and Sunday to intensify - while it’s really cold!

Keen snowmakers should do well the following week - even in mild Vic! Establishing a base across a much larger % of piste? See some blue-run action at last?

Jellybeans

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Aug 24, 2015
Box Hill, VIC
I tend to find that "Vicco systems", just mean less difference between Victorian and NSW resorts. Unless it's a Baw Baw special.
I expect that NSW resorts will be 5-10cm more than Victorian resorts for this one.
IMO
It’s all relative really.
Here at Buller 5cm would make a difference.
Perisher on the other hand has well over half of the resort open. 5cm won’t make much a difference.

StashyMcStash

Addicted
Jun 16, 2021
Time for an obs thread? Looking damp low down at Hotham at the mo, with that skerrick of a base on exposed locations disappearing

snowgum

A Local
Ski Pass
May 4, 1999
vic
Been stated previously, that ridge east of the High (to Central NSW) becomes quite dominant Saturday evening onwards. Isn’t that our key enemy (limitation) of sustained falls while it’s cold?

The Fallen

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 7, 2015
Central Coast
It has a serious wobble.
If it could just hang in there north for 8 more hours it would be really good.
However, I have a feeling it might fall flat.

Will be fun to watch. Have seen these types go either way over the years but its the right time of year with good temps so fingers crossed its one that swings our way.

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Not your average unconventional eccentric.
Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
Melbourne, Lockdown-i-stan .
soundcloud.com
Don't need snow near Ballarat. Need snow near LM and BB. FC and Hoth will welcome something, too. July can deliver.
Speaking of Lake Mtn. ,
BOM seem to be looking at some snow falling up there. I could get interested in that !.

Saturday 3 July​

Summary
snow.png
Min -1Max 1Snow showers.Possible rainfall: 4 to 8 mmChance of any rain: 95%
rain_95.gif

North Central area​

Cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of showers, most likely from the late morning. Snow falling above 700 metres. The chance of a thunderstorm in the late morning and afternoon. Possible small hail. Winds north to northwesterly 20 to 30 km/h. Overnight temperatures falling to around 3 with daytime temperatures reaching between 6 and 9.
Sun protection not recommended, UV Index predicted to reach 1 [Low]

Sunday 4 July​

Summary
snow.png
Min 0Max 2Snow showers.Possible rainfall: 4 to 10 mmChance of any rain: 100%
rain_100.gif

North Central area​

Cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers in the east, medium (50%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 900 metres. Winds northwesterly 20 to 30 km/h turning southwesterly 15 to 20 km/h during the afternoon. Overnight temperatures falling to around 4 with daytime temperatures reaching between 8 and 13.
Sun protection not recommended, UV Index predicted to reach 1 [Low]

Monday 5 July​

Summary
snow.png
Min 0Max 3Possible showers or snow.Possible rainfall: 0 to 1 mmChance of any rain: 40%
rain_40.gif

North Central area​

Partly cloudy. Patchy morning fog. Slight (30%) chance of a shower in the east. Snow possible above 1200 metres. Light winds. Overnight temperatures falling to around 2 with daytime temperatures reaching between 8 and 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass