2009 Falls Creek Observations/Reports/Info/Pics Thread

foxhound

First Runs
Apr 19, 2007
The snowcams, or in some cases grass-cams, are certainly a great reality check. I am becoming ever more sceptical about the undated alpine resort promotional photos used in media releases; it gets to the point where I almost want to see the front page of a daily newspaper featured (hostage-style) before I can believe it. This is distinct from having the alpine resorts shown at their best in less temporal material such as websites or brochures.

bawbawbel

Easi Ski.....
Ski Pass
Jun 22, 2000
vic
Last lifted day of a season (some years ago) halfpipe was groomed to perfection. Most impressed.
And now?

SLK

First Runs
Aug 24, 2009
Melbourne Victoria
Looking to have a finial ski with the wife and kids this coming Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
After having a good week by our standards the week of 6th September, could someone give some thoughts on how the slops will be holding up for this weekend??

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
bawbawbel said:
Last lifted day of a season (some years ago) halfpipe was groomed to perfection. Most impressed.
And now?

half-pipe was only built when a sponsor paid for it. no half-pipe for some years now, so whether it's groomed or not is academic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

ahronshapiro

Hard Yards
Aug 10, 2008
Is there any place in Mt. Beauty or Mytlesford that offer free chain hire with ski rentals?

I know there are places on the way to Mt. Buller that offer that deal, that's why I'm asking.
Thanks.

ahronshapiro

Hard Yards
Aug 10, 2008
Ian D said:
Cover should be fine on Drovers and Towers.

Don't expect to ski beyond that however.

I hear scotts is still open!

That's good, no?

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
i went up today for a last hurrah. scotts has reopened. I'd gone up FC Express and i wasn't sure what the access to Scotts and back would be like so I hung around towers. access via eagle would be fine. off-piste was too much of a glue-pot for me and skier fiends said off-piste at scotts was glue. a boarder I know said he had some fun around ruined.

it held up pretty well this morning, but was getting heavy by lunchtime. main street and nastar were very good. highway has bits of open creek and some dirty snow at the bottom, but quite good. drovers was heavier than towers and cover is fair to good. if the surface was better there are still plenty of lines on rapunzels and quartz ridge.

weather forecast for the rest of the season is not good. unless we get a surprise freeze or snowfall, that's it for me till 2020 2010

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass