2010 Buller Reports/Info/Pics Thread

Sadie

Chk Chk Boom
Ski Pass
Aug 31, 2001
Melbourne
Looking forward to being up there this weekend.
woohoo.gif
I love GF day boarding.

Last edited by a moderator:

FixedGrip

Kick-Ass Blaster
Ski Pass
May 31, 2005
The Chammy
ditto

sadly i wont make it up this time - too many things happening in old melbourne town. hope you crazy kids have a blast.

frown.gif

P

PolePlant

Might try another day.
Not sure.
Settled in to new boots now, also settled into my post break bony bits on the right foot and ankle.

Last trip up got into some pain grey areas about mid day with some bone banging going on on the left side.
A few laps on each of Fannies, Fast, Slalom then back to Hoggs back after that the pain started to win big time, limped to Tyrol for some laps till the Bus left.
Flipped the boots off at the car and it wasnt pretty.
Boots fit so damn well everywhere else so the sticking out bits are settled in too.

Boot fitter is out of town for a week (not the original one) and short handed and I need a dent added to the shell next to big toe joint, ankle bit I can pack out to deal with it.
I was eyeing off the head of a ball pean hammer and the heat gun today, only need a small dent in one spot
Fitter showed me the porta ram they use to do it.
I need to get another ski day in so I I might have at it tommororow.

kimberlee81

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 8, 2004
Victoria
Visit site
There's a bit of a top-up forecast for next Tuesday, so I might give GF day a miss, and try to get up for Wednesday/Thursday next week - seems that's likely to be just as quiet.

Sadie

Chk Chk Boom
Ski Pass
Aug 31, 2001
Melbourne
mx_boarder said:
ditto

sadly i wont make it up this time - too many things happening in old melbourne town. hope you crazy kids have a blast.

frown.gif

cry.gif

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Vermillion

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Nov 13, 2005
Cranhole, Melbourne, VIC
You've had a great late season LTB, from memory you didnt get much time up there early in the season so you've done real well to get the best of the snow this year, yet again.

What is un-skiable now? Not just closed lifts, can you still get to the bottom of tirol snow-wise?

h2oskier

One of Us
Apr 24, 2008
vic
my buller day count this year: 0 Next to no chance of getting up now.

Will be lucky to get another day at flat creek!

I've been up every weekend and had a few extra days here and there including the week of Interschools, so plenty of skiing for me. Yesterday we just hung around the Summit area, so I can't really say, but as I drove up Cow Camp still looked pretty good on the top half. Grimus, McG S, etc still good top half ( not sure if they've started mid loading yet to be honest. Wood Run still in great nick, Sun Valley getting a bit shrubby.

Great second half to the season. Kids had a ball - now for Utah in December (it's looking like Park City for us from Dec 17 - Jan 18th ) and then Niseko in March for a week courtesy of the father in law
wink.gif

Vermillion

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Nov 13, 2005
Cranhole, Melbourne, VIC
frown.gif
No biggie CM but Grimus shutting sounds about right. Southside should be good to go still, who said Chamois closed with heaps of snow down the bottom still?

FixedGrip

Kick-Ass Blaster
Ski Pass
May 31, 2005
The Chammy
It was looking rather average (actually worse) for a while there, but the weather gods had a welcome change of heart, and the latter part of the season has been amazing.

As always, I would have liked more time up there, but a total of eight days is nice, and importantly we got to enjoy 'that' weekend in late Aug.

2010 gets a big
thumbsup.gif

Vermillion

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Nov 13, 2005
Cranhole, Melbourne, VIC
The southerlies for the past 10 days have helped a lot, kept the snowmelt to minimum and provided a freeze most nights.

Really though there was only 2 good snowfalls this season, of 30-40cms+.

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
luvthabumps said:
I've been up every weekend and had a few extra days here and there including the week of Interschools, so plenty of skiing for me. Yesterday we just hung around the Summit area, so I can't really say, but as I drove up Cow Camp still looked pretty good on the top half. Grimus, McG S, etc still good top half ( not sure if they've started mid loading yet to be honest. Wood Run still in great nick, Sun Valley getting a bit shrubby.

Great second half to the season. Kids had a ball - now for Utah in December (it's looking like Park City for us from Dec 17 - Jan 18th ) and then Niseko in March for a week courtesy of the father in law
wink.gif

1. Appreciate the cam - Thank You
2. Appreciate the honest reports through the season - Thank You
3. Park City =
woohoo.gif
You been there before ? I can't wait to get back there, in fact, I can't wait to get back anywhere I have been to ski again! Except Falls Creek, that is!
laugh.gif

4. Hope you get to Canyons resort with their new lifts/terrain! Looks good on paper.....
5. What resorts are on your hit list for Park City ?
6. Niseko =
woohoo.gif
- You have been there before
smile.gif

7. Niseko - Thanks to the Father in Law =
thumbsup.gif

8. Less than 3 months until more snow =
thumbsup.gif

Once again, thanks for your reports AGAIN this season, and the cam AGAIN this season.

Mt Buller should have you on their payroll
outtahere.gif

CarveMan

I Never Slice
Ski Pass
May 12, 2000
Les Hautes Montagnes
aussieskier.com
It's probably 2 seasons away but there's the potential for a Hog's Back/Sun Valley cam.

I know it won't be as useful as the VS cam as it will be exposed to the weather, but it would be great to see my favourite runs.

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
CarveMan said:
It's probably 2 seasons away but there's the potential for a Hog's Back/Sun Valley cam.

I know it won't be as useful as the VS cam as it will be exposed to the weather, but it would be great to see my favourite runs.

Isn't there some other favourite runs/areas then need a cam ?

outtahere.gif

FixedGrip

Kick-Ass Blaster
Ski Pass
May 31, 2005
The Chammy
good luck with it
wink.gif

just on that - what is regarded as the most opulent development on the hill? i have spent time in one of the timbuktu (snowpony) apartments which was amazing, but its a big village...

Timbuktu is beautifully designed and finished as well as AAA location but the Stables development - the 3 houses at the top of Chamois are beautifully finished as well.

and I must say, enjoying a beer in the hot tub on the top level of said house at the end of the day with clear skies looking up across the Village is pretty speccy.
biggrin.gif

Would I pay $1.7M - hmmm not sure about that.

I think, if the RMB commits to even 50% of the proposed masterplan improvements, there's a good case to do a total redevelopment at Molonys in 10-15 years time.

CarveMan

I Never Slice
Ski Pass
May 12, 2000
Les Hautes Montagnes
aussieskier.com
laugh.gif

I was pretty shitty when dad sold my tinny a while ago - 14' Savage Gannet with a 25hp, floor and front controls.

About 5 years later he bought a smaller one with no floor and no steering wheel. Still has a 25 though.

Stratus

A Local
Apr 22, 2005
Melbourne
Another great spring day today.

North Side, not much left now at all, a 2 meter wide access path between dirt to get to the bottom of the Grimus lift (Grimus will probably be closed after tomorrow). Emirates will be the only north side run open after that, and that is pretty bad cover wise....but thats what you expect for this time of year.

South Side, snow is holding up great. Bull Run bowl has impressive cover including Standard. Fed's closed, LBS / Wombat full cover, Summit / Howqua full cover with fun obstacles appearing in places. So, if your after one last slide before close next weekend, head up, its worth it at $60, I know i'll be back for one last day next week!

CarveMan said:
Our location is better.
biggrin.gif

Ski on to Wood Run, look over Hog's Back.

We could put 6 townhouses on our site but lack the $5m to build them!

JV with a developer?? (oh and for 6 like The Stables you'll need about 7mill )

what happens when Sun Valley et al is not running or it's too firm to ski first thing - I'll give you AA for location IMHO based on the views - plus it's such a long way to walk from the Hoo Ha
tongue.gif

CarveMan

I Never Slice
Ski Pass
May 12, 2000
Les Hautes Montagnes
aussieskier.com
Got a developer but not for townhouses.

If it's firm, survive Standard with your fillings intact, and then skate across to Grimus. Bull Run not running means a small walk to Holden.

I've avoided the Hoo Ha for ages now, and am all the better for it.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass