biggrin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
Re: 2010 Buller Pics & Reminisce Thread

miss_b_haven said:
Snorkler said:
I got my fix in February, so I wasn't fussed missing out.
laugh.gif

Well yeah, I got mine in January too. But after that, Greedy-me just wanted moremoremore.

But that's OK - the savings on the roughly 7 days I'd anticipated skiing at Buller this season - that didn't get skied - will easily get me 2 weeks up north.
smile.gif

Now, it's just the airfare. . .

That's right, heaps of room in the SUV and house for you remember
tongue.gif

Rush

Pool Room
Jul 26, 2000

I didn't think Chute 4 existed?

Never mind SkiMun - I'd poo my pants in the chutes as well these days. I reckon I could ski Main St though.. as long as the walk over there wasn't too scary.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

LeoWancher

Hard Yards
Sep 16, 2011

Chute 4. Now I've heard it all & I've spent alot of time in Koororra listening to peoples BS, maybe you should go carve up chute 9 As for Main St. it's not as steep as Potters Lane or Bloody Hell, the only thing is the walk out, not really that challenging is it. Since Buller gets so little snow these days I doubt Feds even opens for more than 1-2 days every few years. Lots different to the days I was skiing the place as a young man.

P

PolePlant

leo-wanker-2.jpg

P

PolePlant

LeoWancher said:
Chute 4. Now I've heard it all

Chute 4 maybe the one you need to wipe if you get the other 3 wrong.
Pooh was mentioned.

LeoWancher

Hard Yards
Sep 16, 2011

You make me laugh. I need to wipe, i don't think so my friend. My 1992 season pass & the other 10 I have will confirm that for you. Ok.

P

PolePlant

No I was refering to the "flog" CM mentioned that needed a pooh.

P

PolePlant

Personally Im not of a Chute Chuter
My issue is not difficulty but they are too much hassle to ski.
Short run, 2 lifts = hassle.
I rarely do Fannies even for the same reason.

However in the right conditions they are probably worth it but then if things are that good there are other places Id rather be at Buller and getting longer runs on.

P

PolePlant

LeoWancher said:
You make me laugh. I need to wipe, i don't think so my friend. My 1992 season pass & the other 10 I have will confirm that for you. Ok.

BTW we dont go on years we go on days skied here.
I beleive CM has accumulated the most days in the shortest time.

I have 45 seasons at Buller
Dad has 60 seasons at Buller and he taught me all I know about skiing and Mr Farass taught him all he knows about skiing, which he forced me to learn to the letter over about 12 years.
I was never able to argue with my father about technique becuase if Mr Farass said it was to be done that way then that was the end of the matter because he knew best.

SkiMun

Part of the Furniture
Jan 1, 1970
Melbourne

CarveMan said:
SkiMun said:
Last year was best spring skiing evar.

Except for that one day I went skiing with some flog from the forums. Pooed himself when it got a little steep.

If it wasn't for the dodgy walk out, I'd turn back. It was a case of once you're in, you're in. Jagged rocks and ski boots don't mix very well.

SkiMun

Part of the Furniture
Jan 1, 1970
Melbourne

Vermillion said:
I heard you side-stepped it the whole way.

Yup that's true. It was my first time ever in the Chutes and I will never ever go back there. Too much walking....first I had walk down then up...waste of time.

Rush

Pool Room
Jul 26, 2000

I presume Holden chair was allowing downloading this weekend?

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Vermillion

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Nov 13, 2005
Cranhole, Melbourne, VIC

SkiMun said:
Vermillion said:
I heard you side-stepped it the whole way.

Yup that's true. It was my first time ever in the Chutes and I will never ever go back there. Too much walking....first I had walk down then up...waste of time.

Down then up, that's a new one. As Hans would say, maybe you should stick to safer areas until your ability improves.

Barras

Addicted
Aug 15, 2011

PG said:
I presume Holden chair was allowing downloading this weekend?

You could traverse down the southern side of Baldy.

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999

Get ready for 2012 passes and offers rolling out Oct 3

In response to the flood of interest in 2012 season passes – we are on the case!

Mt Buller is home to the most affordable everyday lift passes in Australia and as we savour the last days of Season 2011 and lock in plans for an exciting 2012 we’re putting the finishing touches to a suite of competitive offers and passes that we’ll roll out on October 3.

We look forward to sharing these exciting products and rates with the many loyal Buller skiers and boarders who we know are already champing at the bit for the coming winter!

skidown said:
miss_b_haven said:
Snorkler said:
I got my fix in February, so I wasn't fussed missing out.
laugh.gif

Well yeah, I got mine in January too. But after that, Greedy-me just wanted moremoremore.

But that's OK - the savings on the roughly 7 days I'd anticipated skiing at Buller this season - that didn't get skied - will easily get me 2 weeks up north.
smile.gif

Now, it's just the airfare. . .

That's right, heaps of room in the SUV and house for you remember
tongue.gif

Heaps of room in the SUV & house for me, you say? Sounds great. But, as I understand it, the hot tub gets pretty overcrowded.
wink.gif

(Oh, and I don't really need "heaps" of room per se - how big do you think I am?!
eek.gif

wink.gif
)

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999

Verm's not coming, there is heaps of room without his chest and biceps

btw, is anyone else having tech hassles with this forum?? The last couple of days I've had trouble accessing - if I'm in a thread and try to hit the page before or next, or I just try going back to previous page, or threads etc, I either get a pause followed by a recovered tab and end up on the same page I tried to leave, or windows loses the page altogether as an "unrecoverable page". Over and over again.
tantrum.gif

I can get back - eventually - with a new window and clicking directly on the page number from the forum list/Buller, and eventually I get to the page I want. Does anyone know - is it the website, or is it my computer that needs a smack upside the head??

FixedGrip

Kick-Ass Blaster
Ski Pass
May 31, 2005
The Chammy

miss_b_haven said:
Sounds great. But, as I understand it, the hot tub gets pretty overcrowded.
wink.gif

dont believe everything you read.

TOFF

Your face is my case
Ski Pass
Aug 10, 2004

i might purchase my season pass for 2012 based on todays snowfall.

Rush

Pool Room
Jul 26, 2000

I got a lovely surprise in the mail today. $244 and three demerit points for the trip back the other weekend.

Nabbed at 93 km/h in the supposed 80 km/h zone between Mimosa drive and Alpine Ridge drive.

My wife remembers me asking her 'is it 80 here or 100?'. She didn't know...so I said "Ok..I'll do 90 then."

D'oh. First ever speeding related ticket and only second in my life.

BenLomond Iceman

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 22, 2000
tasmania

Thats BS .. We counted 8 speed cameras to the Hume including a big cop road block at mansfield on the friday arvo of the 9th after our week at buller.. Talk about revenue raising.! black spots my arse!

mx_boarder said:
dont believe everything you read.

Oh, so you’re saying Verm will be there after all, with his massively muscular muscles crowding out the spa. Right then.
wink.gif

As for the tech issue, better today but still randomly occurring with the back button. I finally managed to log on yesterday and got those posts in (and was surprised that succeeded) but no matter what I clicked from there - other threads, My Stuff (profile, messages etc), even tech support, everything failed. I couldn’t access anything else at all. I’d be returned to the same page every time, with the message; “A problem with the webpage caused Internet Explorer to close and reopen this tabâ€. And after half a dozen of those, it would lose the site altogether with “Website restore error. We were unable to return you to ski.com.au. Internet Explorer has stopped trying to restore this websiteâ€.

I thought it was my computer as everyone else seemed to be posting OK, but then it wasn’t occurring with any other site. Not quite so bad today. Tsk, and who says a few good whacks to the monitor and swearing doesn’t help! It sure helped me feel better anyway.
biggrin.gif

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999

PG said:
I got a lovely surprise in the mail today. $244 and three demerit points for the trip back the other weekend.

Nabbed at 93 km/h in the supposed 80 km/h zone between Mimosa drive and Alpine Ridge drive.

My wife remembers me asking her 'is it 80 here or 100?'. She didn't know...so I said "Ok..I'll do 90 then."

D'oh. First ever speeding related ticket and only second in my life.

Sighs
frown.gif

But yeh on the epic 3 trips I made to Buller this year, I did see them in this spot twice
frown.gif

It is a dangerous section though, as it's quite narrow around there, used to be 100 from memory and changed this year or last year to 80 I think.. ?

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999

Oh forgot to add you should contest the fine based on your previous driving record and you may get off the fine!

http://www.police.vic.gov.au/content.asp?document_id=10369

You can apply for an official warning if you:

Hold a current driver's licence, including probationary, or current learner driver's permit.
Have not been issued with a speeding, other traffic fine or official warning within the previous two years.
Were caught doing less than 10 kilometres per hour over the speed limit.
Do not deny that you committed the offence.

What speed did they get you for ?

skidown said:
Oh forgot to add you should contest the fine based on your previous driving record and you may get off the fine!

http://www.police.vic.gov.au/content.asp?document_id=10369

You can apply for an official warning if you:

Hold a current driver's licence, including probationary, or current learner driver's permit.
Have not been issued with a speeding, other traffic fine or official warning within the previous two years.
Were caught doing less than 10 kilometres per hour over the speed limit.
Do not deny that you committed the offence.

What speed did they get you for ?

Yeah it can work 10k under, but he was doing 93 so don't think he can even try it. It's a hairy spot, and I think it's been 80 for a couple of years now (how you could do 100 safely there?!). But I've been overtaken around there, at the blind bends, double lines, when I'm already doing 85. Was truly gobsmacked at a bright green ute last year on the way up there that put us both in danger. I guess speed restrictions don't apply to morons.

I think it was the site of a fatality last year (or year before?) too.

djam

One of Us
Apr 6, 2009

>I think it was the site of a fatality last year (or year before?) too.

yep, on the long bend in the valley

P

PolePlant

Every car parked on the side of the road on the way to Buller should be treated as a speed camera, they are too often to risk it.

P

PolePlant

There are many, in Towns along the way too and not just weekends.

Where PG got done its there some mid weeks nth bound early AM
If you pass anyone (Bus) on that section over broken lines be ready to slap the anchors to 80 as you pull back in, its just on your left at that point at the end of the straight.

vet

One of Us
Dec 8, 2009
www.angliss.edu.au

Maybe they'll see there's another way to do business like Vail Resorts:

Resort Reported EBITDA (which includes the Company's Mountain and Lodging segments) of $221.9 million for Fiscal 2011 improved by $35.5 million, or 19.0%, compared with the same period in the prior year reflecting solid growth across our resorts as well as the addition of Northstar-at-Tahoe, which was acquired in October 2010.
Net income attributable to Vail Resorts, Inc. of $34.5 million for Fiscal 2011 increased by $4.1 million, or 13.5%, from the prior fiscal year. Excluding a $7.4 million charge ($4.6 million after-tax) for extinguishment of debt related to the Company's successful bond refinancing, net income increased $8.7 million, or 28.6%, over the comparable prior year period.
Vail Resorts, Inc. declares its regular quarterly dividend of $0.15 per share of common stock.
Sales of season passes for the 2011/2012 season were up 9% in sales dollars and 1% in units as of September 20, 2011 compared to the comparable period in 2010, adjusted as if Northstar-at-Tahoe were owned in both periods.

djam

One of Us
Apr 6, 2009

next year it should be placed where they measure the snow depth :|

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass