2012 Buller Reports/Info/Pics Thread

CarveMan

I Never Slice
Ski Pass
May 12, 2000
Les Hautes Montagnes
aussieskier.com
As is often the case in the month of May we start getting some dustings and thoughts move to the season ahead.

Like other years we will use this thread to be a 'one stop shop' for conditions reporting, pics, info, rumours gossip and other general wanchory about Mt Buller in Season 2012.

So please post here if you have visited the mountain and have something to share, also all keen Buller skiers should bookmark this thread for the latest from the hill.

Moderation will be loose at best but for the truly off-topic stuff please confine it to the Banter thread.

I will merge as much as possible info into this thread if posted elsewhere in the Buller forum.

Enjoy the season everyone!

FixedGrip

Kick-Ass Blaster
Ski Pass
May 31, 2005
The Chammy
woohoo.gif

Here's hoping for something a little more exciting than last year.

Last edited by a moderator:

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
Looking forward to not skiing Buller this year

outtahere.gif

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
Snorkler said:
skidown said:

outtahere.gif

Looking forward to a FFM this year

But you don't even ski there/Australia.....
rolleyes.gif

scullee said:
skidown said:

outtahere.gif

The piss off out of the Buller forum.

Hobbit is angry

Nah I'll do one day then I can comment in here

biggrin.gif

TOFF

Triple premiership Pants man
Ski Pass
Aug 10, 2004
Wuhan
CarveMan said:
Moderation will be loose at best but for the truly off-topic stuff please confine it to the Banter thread.

Is mentioning Essendon fc, Combis, massive weight gane, Tahoe, trolling, cams, technique, bogans, 3 series, Snowpony, Hot choc, pastry, powder, steeps, investments, insurance claims, local purchasing, the internet, the government and mental illness allowed?

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
laugh.gif

Post 3 onwards will be moved
smile.gif

scullee

Resident Hobbit
Jun 10, 1999
Hobbiton
skidown said:
Hobbit is angry

Nup,

Calm Hobbit is Calm

Pies won the footy
Im going on holiday
Winter is coming

life is great

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
To start this thread off correctly
wink.gif

Even though I'll do at best one day at Buller this season, I'll continue to update this graph every few days throughout the season!

As you can see, 2011 was going great until the start of August, when it went downhill fast.

Fingers crossed for a 2004 (not displayed) or a 2008 season
biggrin.gif

BullerSnowStart.jpg

For me to have a day-trip this year
100cm base
Mid week
15cms overnight

smile.gif

FixedGrip

Kick-Ass Blaster
Ski Pass
May 31, 2005
The Chammy
I recall the good old days when the infamous 'skidown yardstick' was 75cm on the Family Run gauge. You are making it harder and harder for mother nature!
biggrin.gif

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
I don't think I could go the year without Lasagne, Apple pie and Koffler's to be honest..... But I'll go with 100cms for now.....

409aa9da.jpg

FixedGrip

Kick-Ass Blaster
Ski Pass
May 31, 2005
The Chammy
Excellent cream:pie ratio there

1:1 is really what I want to see
wink.gif

kimberlee81

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 8, 2004
Victoria
Visit site
skidown said:
As you can see, 2011 was going great until the start of August, when it went downhill fast.
Dunno about great...!
10th of July to the 3rd of August was all there was above 60cm. I had five lots of mid-weeks booked and ended up cancelling. The day I was leaving the hill it was 9 degrees, with people everywhere in shorts, t-shirts, singlets - even guys without shirts.

Ski gear was far too hot for skiing in that last week, so the few times I had ventured onto the slush, it was in jeans and a t-shirt.

So I refute "great" rather soundly.

mx_boarder said:
woohoo.gif

Here's hoping for something a little more exciting than last year.

You bet - like getting enough snow for me to get upto Buller this year, and actually ski! Which is, in fact, simply an essential manoeuvre in order to make one's way to these. . .

(Which I haven't managed to dispatch into its appropriate location since Winter 2010!
tantrum.gif
)

motbackwards

First Runs
Apr 20, 2012
I was OS last year and didn't pay too much attention to the snow report - can't believe how shocking that decline is! Wow

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
kimberlee81 said:
skidown said:
Dunno about great...!
10th of July to the 3rd of August was all there was above 60cm. I had five lots of mid-weeks booked and ended up cancelling. The day I was leaving the hill it was 9 degrees, with people everywhere in shorts, t-shirts, singlets - even guys without shirts.

Ski gear was far too hot for skiing in that last week, so the few times I had ventured onto the slush, it was in jeans and a t-shirt.

So I refute "great" rather soundly.

Considering that there was nearly an 80cm base towards the end of July, yep it was going great, better than 5 out of the 6 previous years shown on the graph.

So yep it was going great until the start of August!

However 80cms and above is when Buller starts to get good, and that didn't happen during August
frown.gif

ODNT

Part of the Furniture
Jul 28, 2010
Only then shall you buller whankers be graced with my presence....

FixedGrip

Kick-Ass Blaster
Ski Pass
May 31, 2005
The Chammy
You've inspired me.

This year i'm going to ask for a plate of cream, with a little pie on the side....if there's room.

mx_boarder said:
You've inspired me.

This year i'm going to ask for a plate of cream, with a little pie on the side....if there's room.

Excellent idea! It's sooo disappointing if the dollop doesn't meet expectations, and I'm then obligated to perform a doe-eyed-starved-waif impersonation of Oliver Twist; "Please Sir, can I have some more?"

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
Vermillion said:
I dont think you should go to Buller if there is less than 1.5m natural on the ground. Waste of time.

Yeh well I wouldn't want to have to spend my time hiking because the snow is so shit

You have a point

Also I wouldn't lock myself into any dates either, as you may need to hike to stay entertained

ODNT

Part of the Furniture
Jul 28, 2010
no i havent, is he a little on the chubby side ?

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
Opening weekend is just 31 days away. If you can’t wait that long to get a sneak peek of how Buller’s Better in 2012 send us 25 words to info@mtbuller.com.au on why you'd like to share a gluhwein and celebrate the upcoming season with the Buller crew. The best entries will score a VIP invitation to join our pre-season preview celebration at the Medibank Icehouse tomorrow night.

0b800b2b.jpg

I laughed

FixedGrip

Kick-Ass Blaster
Ski Pass
May 31, 2005
The Chammy
Blake Blake Blake Blake Blake Blake Blake Blake Blake Blake Blake Blake Blake Blake Blake Blake Blake Blake Blake Blake Blake Blake Blake Blake Blake

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
Buller's Better......

Maybe I am just old and bitter but would/does that slogan appeal to anyone ?

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass