2012 Buller Reports/Info/Pics Thread

HockeyMonkey

First Runs
Jul 24, 2009
Victoria
Thursday is also $80 First Tracks day so I guess that leaves Wednesday as potentially the quietest, although I agree, any weekday is quiet enough.

Even today (Sunday) where the day carpark was closed due to being full, it didn't feel all that busy. With the whole mountain open, people tend to spread out.

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
Just don't bother trying to get lift tickets over the counter on a weekend...

From Buller's FB

"pretty let down today buller. waited an hour to get a lift ticket because you only had 2 windows open. pay enough money for them should get better service than that! what a waste of time that was."

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
Appears to be the case, but first impressions last and given how much the snow was talked up it was bound to be busy

As a comparison on a busy Saturday morning at Perisher (weekend just gone) I waited 10 mins max to get a new pass (as I left mine at home) It was busy but all staff working and all windows open.

Thredbo the week before, walked straight up to buy a ticket

Other resorts can get it right......

FixedGrip

Kick-Ass Blaster
Ski Pass
May 31, 2005
The Chammy
"It will be great by next season" - words that will stick with me.

rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

VSG

Crayon Master
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1998
Port Macquarie NSW
www.tumblr.com
skidown said:

From Buller's FB

"pretty let down today buller. waited an hour to get a lift ticket because you only had 2 windows open. pay enough money for them should get better service than that! what a waste of time that was."

IF that is true. I have two words for Buller.

Customer.
Service.

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
I am just looking forward to the season pass debacle (again) when Perisher announces their 2013 passes go on sale for $699 again.....

wink.gif

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
VSG said:
skidown said:

From Buller's FB

Customer.
Service.

They don't care...

The two biggest fans of Buller on here are even sick of it....

Buller firmly believes that if you don't like it, you can ski elsewhere.

Buller's BETTER

Remember

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
not sure if this is the same person but I got this tweet this morning from a prominent cafe owner in Melbourne ( Axil coffee) who would have a lot of followers.

"@mtbuller queue to buy lift tickets a disgrace over 30 mins so far! For $108 a day better service would go down well."

they are making it hard for people to love them but on the other hand they were so busy yesterday they had to put out a Fb message to say that all the day carparks were full and people should park in Mansfield, Merrijig or Mirimbah and catch the bus up.

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
Well Buller did tell people at 1pm on Facebook the carpark was full...

Not sure who would be coming up after that for a day trip

VSG

Crayon Master
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1998
Port Macquarie NSW
www.tumblr.com
skidown said:
VSG said:
skidown said:

From Buller's FB

Customer.
Service.

They don't care...

Don't know if that is entirely true, Skidown. There must be some in the organisation who try.

VSG

Crayon Master
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1998
Port Macquarie NSW
www.tumblr.com
But would Buller management come at that? {mid station at BH} An offload of a huge number of folks all at once at that spot? Is there infrastructure there to handle it? If not, would they build it? Toilets, cafe, lockers, etc.

Nice idea tho.

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
Get back to me when this lift is announced

laugh.gif

FixedGrip

Kick-Ass Blaster
Ski Pass
May 31, 2005
The Chammy
skidown said:
Well Buller did tell people at 1pm on Facebook the carpark was full...

Not sure who would be coming up after that for a day trip

Taxi driver last weekend was telling me they get quite a few first time sneaker-wearing snowball throwers arrive in the afternoon.

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
VSG: That has NOTHING to do with a link from Sawmill to Buller

Not even relevant

Again, the person who mentioned this in the first place.... That should say it all

kimberlee81 said:
Bring on the Sawmill Gondola!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

VSG

Crayon Master
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1998
Port Macquarie NSW
www.tumblr.com
Skidown. Not helpful. The thread took a recent turn to ways of alleviating huge crowds in the Village, and other related stuff.

Gondolas are one response. Encouraging folks to get their electronic ticket online and before they get on mountain is the current response.

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
I am posting facts

Fact 1: Gondola from Sawmill
laugh.gif

Fact 2: Buying tickets on-line still means you need to line up to pick them up.
Fact 3: Most posts from kimberlee81 are
laugh.gif
worthy

MX had trouble with it weeks ago (tickets)
Others still do

Claude Cat

On my bike
Platinum
Jul 6, 2001
Canterbury, Vic
Something to consider for this weekend.

Buller22_28Aug.PNG

At this stage I'd be saying rain on Thursday, but after that ...

Snorkler

Part of the Furniture
Jan 1, 1970
Melbourne, Vic
VSG said:
But would Buller management come at that? {mid station at BH} An offload of a huge number of folks all at once at that spot? Is there infrastructure there to handle it? If not, would they build it? Toilets, cafe, lockers, etc.

Nice idea tho.

BSL are intent on making the BH area a beginner area, so the answer is yes.

benzerknees

Addicted
Oct 16, 2010
Hmm , maybe I should try to have my RFID sent to me by mail, judging by these posts of ticket buying hassles.
-Still haven't got up to Buller this season.

Oh and BTW Half price season passes and now available . Half price of what of what you may ask ..Half price of an overpriced season pass. But still more than the $700 falls/hotham Hero season pass.

2010 saw a spring pass at Buller for $500, when the season came good that year. I bought one.

Buller should realise they compete now with a high $ , with many of us spending for US , Japan etc, for our powder fix and discretionary spending for skiing here.

Two years ago Squaw had slashed early bird tickets to around $400. I met a guy who bought himself 3 season passes. Squaw for him, Alpine meadows for skiing with family and friends and North star for powder days, tree skiing ..all less than a season pass at Buller.

IMO It makes sense for $700 early bird passes as the norm , not the exception. As the competition is now global, not just Falls/Hotham /Perisher.

Stratus

A Local
Apr 22, 2005
Melbourne
The whole BTag thing is a joke.

Huge queues at the bottom of Blue Bullet with EMPTY chairs going up because everyone is held up at the freakin gates thats do not allow enough traffic through and cause congestion. That makes you rage.

kimberlee81

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 8, 2004
Victoria
Visit site
skidown said:
I am posting facts
Most posts from kimberlee81 are
laugh.gif
worthy

Ooh, look at me, (look at me A LOT), I'm skidown and I'm a legend (in my own lunchbox)!

I'm skidown and the flash car I drive is the best car in the world, and anyone that drives anything else is an idiot.

I'm skidown and every word I write in the forums here is gilt-edged and possibly even of biblical status. Anything most other people have to say is completely irrelevant and should be ridiculed at great length. Personal insult should also be encouraged.

I'm skidown and I own these forums, which, unlike forums elsewhere, are not a place for public discussion - unless I agree with everything being said. All praise me and revere my words, for I am a bully and must have my way.

Before you get your panties in a twist, remember, you started this, I am merely responding.

Anyone else who objects to skidown's bullying and attempts at "forum tyrrany", feel free to weigh in.

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
When is the Gondola from Sawmill proposed to be installed ?

Please provide links from Mt Buller talking of such

Thanks

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
Gondola from day car park may happen..

As for Sawmill - I am just curious for facts/details from Mt Buller about this
smile.gif
Where is the proposal..

People talk about it like it's actually going to happen

laugh.gif

FixedGrip

Kick-Ass Blaster
Ski Pass
May 31, 2005
The Chammy
kimberlee81 said:
Anyone else who objects to skidown's bullying and attempts at "forum tyrrany", feel free to weigh in.

I'm getting sick of it too - time to approach the mods IMO

Vermillion

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Nov 13, 2005
Cranhole, Melbourne, VIC
OK guys so I have to say I havent skied the mountain this year, yet. But I am thinking about doing it this weekend for the fresh snow (if it comes off) and i'm wondering for both myself and other n00bs, what is the BEST method to ensure you're not waiting in line for 4 weeks like a fucktard to get your B-Tag for the first time?

Buller reps that read this forum, feel free to put in your 2cents too.

Claude Cat

On my bike
Platinum
Jul 6, 2001
Canterbury, Vic
If you can't get it mailed out to you in time, I'd consider buying in Mansfield, especially if it looks like its going to be busy.
Even getting one sent out to you doesn't come with guarantees that the online top up is going to work...

Snorkler

Part of the Furniture
Jan 1, 1970
Melbourne, Vic
Vermillion said:
OK guys so I have to say I havent skied the mountain this year, yet. But I am thinking about doing it this weekend for the fresh snow (if it comes off) and i'm wondering for both myself and other n00bs, what is the BEST method to ensure you're not waiting in line for 4 weeks like a fucktard to get your B-Tag for the first time?

I'm going to watch this....

Vermillion

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Nov 13, 2005
Cranhole, Melbourne, VIC
Claude Cat said:
If you can't get it mailed out to you in time, I'd consider buying in Mansfield, especially if it looks like its going to be busy.
Even getting one sent out to you doesn't come with guarantees that the online top up is going to work...

This way my thought, I usually get my daypass in BSL Mansfield, is this still possible? I assume they open at 7am like normal.

FixedGrip

Kick-Ass Blaster
Ski Pass
May 31, 2005
The Chammy
Snorkler said:
Vermillion said:

Heading up for some turns?

MickM

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 15, 2001
Gordon, Vic
Vermillion said:

Go to Buller Sports Manfield (get there early)

I have done it twice this year (albeit midweek) and was out in minutes. I got there approx 7:30am

VSG

Crayon Master
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1998
Port Macquarie NSW
www.tumblr.com
mx_boarder said:
Snorkler said:
Vermillion said:

Heading up for some turns?

Only turns he'll see are his reel spinning on PPB as he winds in a mullet.

SkiMun

Part of the Furniture
Jan 1, 1970
Melbourne
I have to say that spring skiing at Buller this year is looking good. Bring on sunshine, corn snow and no crowds.
biggrin.gif

SkiMun

Part of the Furniture
Jan 1, 1970
Melbourne
Oh and with the B-Tag thing at the bottom of BB1...I think they need some sort of pre-scan station so you can check your ticket before you get out there...maybe...and if it's not working tell you the exact reason. So many people look dazed and confused when their ticket doesn't scan.

VSG

Crayon Master
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1998
Port Macquarie NSW
www.tumblr.com
At Perisher they have staff with a tablet computer looking thingy on a harness in front of them, with a pen/stylus to operate I think. To sort out RFID issues. And many helpful staff at the scanning gate to help the noobies and confused.

A couple of loading gates did fail in the Sunday arvo just gone: staff just pulled the ropes either side and let punters move around the gate. It was afternoon, after all. The risks of pass-less punters moving through was much diminished, I guess.

Buller. Take note.

Vermillion

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Nov 13, 2005
Cranhole, Melbourne, VIC
MickM said:
Vermillion said:

Go to Buller Sports Manfield (get there early)

I have done it twice this year (albeit midweek) and was out in minutes. I got there approx 7:30am

Thanks man. I'm normally there just before 7am on a day trip, get some breakky and then head over, i'll make sure i'm there right on opening.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass