Canterbury, Vic
rofl.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
mx_boarder said:
Vermillion said:
Anyone thinking of heading up tomorrow? I need some encouragement.

Blame skidown for my lack of availability.

I blame you for actually wanting to ski another resort in Aus

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
mx_boarder said:
scullee would be proud.......

Just have to get you to Northstar, Mammoth & Heavenly now

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
Jackson, Alta, Apsen as well....

But was talking about resorts that you COULD have skied/boarded at, but decided to go shopping instead

FixedGrip

Kick-Ass Blaster
Ski Pass
May 31, 2005
The Chammy
Shopping, house cleaning before the gals arrived, coffee, mingling with the local flora and fauna, rollin' the Benz... a soccer mum's work is never done.

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
Mt Rose after a dump if you can get there FTW

Needs MOAR probe and beacon at Homewood

kimberlee81

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 8, 2004
Victoria
Visit site
OK people, here comes the weather! In the past five minutes Geelong has gone from a lovely sunny day, with doors and windows open, to very dark and windy. As I wrote that last line heavy rain has started falling. Hope this ends up as promised on the hill.

Claude Cat

On my bike
Ski Pass
Platinum
Jul 6, 2001
Canterbury, Vic
Fluffy beanie said:
VS cam is stuck on the 6.22am photo

yes

luvthabumps said:
Sorry folks VS cam has locked up again. I'm not up there until Sat morning so if you want to see the storm accumulation someone's going to have to get on the balcony and reboot the power. We seem to have a problem with it hanging whenever there is a power failure.

I'll see if I can get someone in our building to do it but no guarantees.

absentskier

Smug bozo
Ski Pass
Jun 10, 2010
Melbourne
Wow 100 is a great innings! Sounds like she'll beat the Vs cam by about 98 years.

Definitely been snowing at Buller. Look at Apira cam.

Snorkler

Part of the Furniture
Jan 1, 1970
Melbourne, Vic
luvthabumps said:
hey CC - we really should catch up and have a beer during IS. We live about 5 mins apart in Melb and both ski Buller. What Div is your boy in?

You've never offered to have a beer at the Harp with me
frown.gif

Claude Cat

On my bike
Ski Pass
Platinum
Jul 6, 2001
Canterbury, Vic
luvthabumps said:
hey CC - we really should catch up and have a beer during IS. We live about 5 mins apart in Melb and both ski Buller. What Div is your boy in?

He's div 3 (St Kevin's) this year.
Unfortunately I won't be up there, I'll be babysitting the younger one
frown.gif

But happy to catch-up with a beer one day
biggrin.gif

kimberlee81

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 8, 2004
Victoria
Visit site
luvthabumps said:
our kids are in for the long haul. Mrs LTB's gran 100, my gran died last Xmas at age 90 and my grandad is still going strong at 96. The othet grandparents mostly made it well into their 80's. I reckon our kids will go to 110! ( I'm planning on living hard and dying young myself - 90 will do me.......)
Scientists recently announced that they believe the first people to live to 150 have already been born!

Then the ethicists weighed in, pointing out that, living to 150, people could reasonably be expected to be working into their 90s, and that this would require some rather savage rethinking of the whole superannuation system.

If over 70 or 75s currently ski for free, might this mean that the resorts will be paying those over 100 to ski...?

CarveMan

I Never Slice
Ski Pass
May 12, 2000
Les Hautes Montagnes
aussieskier.com
**** MOD NOTE ****

Ian has just informed me that in the coming days they will be dropping the Disqus comments from each of the main ski.com.au snow report pages and instead posting the content from the 'Pics/Info/Reports' threads for each resort.

ie: http://ski.com.au/reports/australia/vic/buller/index.html

Due to this he has asked for tighter, weather forum-style moderation on this particular thread.

The good news is that there is, and has always been a Banter thread for the good-natured ribbing that Buller regulars are used to.

So from now I'm going to ask you (and I very much include myself in this) to kindly keep this thread to posts of a factual nature regarding the weather, conditions, photos, reports etc and use the Banter thread for all other posts.

IMO

Stay on Topic

:amidoingitright:

Vermillion

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Nov 13, 2005
Cranhole, Melbourne, VIC
10cms overnight, not too shabby, about 1/3 of the way there to what I was expecting for this system/s. Today will be one for getting out of the wind and finding some good stashes.

bullerpeak

First Runs
Jul 18, 2010
Skied all day today fresh tracks everywhere came in for lunch at 2 back out 2.30 got to powder Keg after leaving it for lunch looked virtually untouched again the second half of outer edge is almost skiable I have skied it with less snow

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass