Stratus

A Local
Apr 22, 2005
Melbourne
Boom 'Tish

YART

2012 HERO SEASON PASS. ONLY $699.
DOUBLE THE MOUNTAINS, DOUBLE THE FUN.

This is a Victorian first. Falls Creek and Hotham Alpine Resorts have teamed up to create a dual season pass valid at two resorts for winter 2012 for only $699 for adults. The last time a season pass was priced at or around $699 was in 1989.

“Falls Creek and Hotham have been working hard to develop an exceptional value season pass for 2012†says Michael Callahan GM Falls Creek “You can purchase the season pass and ski & board either mountain. We’ve called it the 2012 Hero Passâ€.

“The 2012 Hero Pass is priced to bring great value to skiers and boardersâ€, says Belinda Trembath GM, Hotham Skiing Company “We hope it will bring new snowsports enthusiasts to the industry with this substantially discounted season passâ€

Whilst there is no rush to purchase the pass as there is no limit to the number to be sold, the Hero Pass is only available for sale until 5pm 10 October 2011 with payment of a deposit ($199 for adults and $99 for the child and senior passes). The balance must be paid by 1 May 2012.

Hero Passes can be purchased online at the below website or by phoning Hotham on 03 5759 4444 or Falls Creek on 03 5758 1000.

Hero passholders can ski and board at both Falls Creek and Hotham resorts for unlimited days for winter 2012, giving more value each time a passholder skis or rides. These passes are offered at $699 for adults, $399 for children and secondary school students. Seniors are only $399.

A range of other benefits will be available for adult Hero Pass holders including 15% off equipment hire, retail, snowsports group lessons. Watch this space for further benefits to be rolled out.

“You will only need to ski 7 days in winter 2012 to ski out the value of this season passâ€, said Belinda Trembath, GM Hotham Skiing Company “We also anticipate quite a number of people who haven’t skied in a while to return to the fun of snowsportsâ€.

For more info, and to Buy Online, check out skifalls.com.au/HeroPass

Last edited by a moderator:
YART
tongue.gif

Azz got in 10 mins ago trumped me by 5. Good deal.

Stratus

A Local
Apr 22, 2005
Melbourne
Re: Falls Creek 2012 Hero Pass - $699

luvthabumps said:
YART
tongue.gif

Azz got in 10 mins ago trumped me by 5. Good deal.

Not in the FC forum
wink.gif

Good Deal indeed.

The tide has...turned.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

currawong

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley

some intersting FAQs
Will I be able to purchase a similar pass for 2013?
Yes, we will be offering an early bird season pass deal for the 2013 winter season. Contact us around the end of the season next year, or keep a look out on our website for details.

Will you be offering a Season 6 pass in 2012?
No - we are offering the Hero pass as it represents better value than the Season 6 and it's not going to restrict your skiing/riding on Saturdays!

Will you be offering the Local Passes in 2012?
Yes we will! Details should be released early in 2012 however locals should think seriously about purchasing this pass as it represents excellent value.

Will you still be offering the Superpass with Perisher in 2013 or can I pay extra and extra and get a hero Superpass?
We will continue to consider a range of ticketing options and any announcements about a Superpass will be announced in 2012. Keep an eye out on the website.

Will you be offering the Season Pass for Full-time tertiary students in 2012?
Tertiary students are encouraged to take up the offer of the 2012 Hero Pass as this product will offer the best value for unlimited access to Falls Creek and Hotham for the 2012 snow season!

also it looks like you get night skiing at hotham but not falls

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999

A SIMILAR pass for 2013, so not committing to $699 again like Perisher have

Locals have been told this will be cheaper than the local pass
wink.gif

currawong

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley

skidown said:
A SIMILAR pass for 2013, so not committing to $699 again like Perisher have

Locals have been told this will be cheaper than the local pass
wink.gif

not sure on that last one. it really depends on how many days you ski. the locals pass is a set cost plus a daily cost. this year for adults it was $220 +$36per day. If it stayed at that level you would have to ski 14 days to make a hero pass pay (11 for kids). Lots of locals don't ski that many days - you only need 4 days compared to day tickets to make it pay. i think a lot of locals will stick with locals passes, although kids who go skiing for school sport and also do a few weekend days might make the change.

sawtell

First Runs
Jul 18, 2007
Melbourne

Well done for them on doing it.. but really its half arsed. IMO.

No tertiary price on the hero price, represents no value for a student like my self, season pass for students last two years was $699, why would i buy it now, when i can wait for next year, and most likely get it the same price.

but still a MASSIVE bargin for non students, just a little disappointed there is no tertiary version. especialy when for the full price its almost half price of a normal season pass.

sawtell

First Runs
Jul 18, 2007
Melbourne

Ziggy said:
Still the 50% discount for tertiary students on Fridays though ... for this season anyway:

http://www.skifalls.com.au/TertiaryFridays

yup i know, and a normal season pass is discounted for tertiary students, in a normal year.
What i meant was it is weird, that they havent offered a tertiary discounted version of the hero pass, when they usually offer the season pass at a tertiary price.

currawong

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley

Thet haven't offered 6day passes and no extra discounts on seniors either, so students are not the only ones not getting an extra discount. I don't see a problem with this. There's a bottom price for adults and they have expanded who is eligible for it. No one is paying more.

snowobsessedgirl

Hard Yards
Apr 14, 2007
Adelaide

sawtell said:
Well done for them on doing it.. but really its half arsed. IMO.

No tertiary price on the hero price, represents no value for a student like my self, season pass for students last two years was $699, why would i buy it now, when i can wait for next year, and most likely get it the same price.

but still a MASSIVE bargin for non students, just a little disappointed there is no tertiary version. especialy when for the full price its almost half price of a normal season pass.

A friend of mine heard from a staff member in tickets (at hotham) that the tertiary season pass may not be offered next year, which would explain why their answer in the FAQ section is vague. It doesn't say yes or no like the two questions about the season 6 pass and the local passes. So probably makes sense to get the hero pass just in case they don't offer a tertiary pass again.

This is from their website:

Will you be offering the Season Pass for Full-time tertiary students in 2012?
Tertiary students are encouraged to take up the offer of the 2012 Hero Pass as this product will offer the best value for unlimited access to Falls Creek and Hotham for the 2012 snow season!

BillyKidd

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 11, 2010

If they can do this now - why not push it through summer as well? Great for Melbourne and country Vic skiers (but still could be more competitive compared with international season tickets).

Stratus

A Local
Apr 22, 2005
Melbourne

So, if you miss out on the Hero Pass...the next cheapest option will be around $1200 for an Early Bird 2012 season pass assuming they keep the same pricing structure as this year.

They haven't said that they won't offer a Tertiary season pass next year, but have made it clear that the Hero pass will still be cheaper.

Also if you didn't get the email...

-------------------------------------------------------------

EXTRA VALUE IN NISEKO, JAPAN.

In addition to the great value the Hero Pass provides for skiing and boarding at home at Falls Creek and Hotham, we've asked around and found some extra Hero Pass holder value for anyone tempted to check out Niseko Japan ths season.

Adult Hero Pass holders who have paid for their Hero Pass in full prior to Monday 12 December, 2011, who visit Niseko this 2011/12 snow season can receive

FREE 1 Day All Mountain Lift Pass (redeemable all season / pre arrangement required)
Additional 1 Day All Mountain lift Pass (redeemable 1 March - end of season / pre arrangement required)
Buy 5 get 7 nights in select properties (pre arrangement required)
March 2012 Special - Buy 4 Stay 7 nights in select properties
Kids 6 and under get free lift passes at Niseko all season.
15% discount off 'Demo' equipment rental and 'Fusion' retail (show pass to redeem)
FREE Zipline ride at Hanazono - valid all season.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Stratus

A Local
Apr 22, 2005
Melbourne

Uber-Early Bird resort entry passes announced.

Pay by 10th October (same cut off date as the Hero Pass) and pick one up for $225

This years early bird pass was $260, pay before May.

Full price was $300.

ladycamper

One of Us
Jul 16, 2010
Australia

You're paying for their RFID upgrade so that they can efficiently weed out people who use the lifts without paying for a pass.

currawong

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley

WTF?

the OP is about resort entry, not lifts
we are in the FC forum
FC has not announced any intention to put in RFID at this stage - unless you are claiming that all FC season pass money is being skimmed off by perisher

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass