1. Use the Force filters, Guest!

Skis     Snowboard     Telemark     Clothing     Boots     Bindings     Accessories     Roof Racks     Chains     Outdoor Gear     Wanted     Free     Sold

Skis 2012 Kastle FX94 - 186cm - Salomon S914 bindings

Discussion in 'Gear Swap' started by linked_recoveries, Oct 11, 2018.

1. linked_recoveries

I have a pair of Kastle FX94s for sale in 186cm. These are the original model with the Hollowtech inserts in both tip and tail, dual titanal layers in the layup (although the 0.3mm layers are thinner than usual), metal tail protectors, tapered shape in tip/tail and full camber.

The skis are mounted with Salomon S914 bindings for a boot sole of 335mm (29 Mondo) located ~6mm forward of the manufacturer's line. They ski nicely for me there.

When I originally bought the skis they were mounted for a small 28 boot and I could just fit my larger boots using the adjustment on the heel piece of the binding. That left me around 8mm behind the line and I wasn't happy with that placement. I remounted the toe pieces forward and adjusted the heels forward to fit my boots. Hence they've been mounted one and a half times. Much happier now.

If your boots are a Mondo 30 (around 346mm) you'll be able to adjust the heels back and put yourself virtually on the manufacturer's line.

Bases are presently covered in storage wax. Hardly a mark on them.

I've used these perhaps eight or nine days since I bought them. I've not given them a base grind although they may well have received one before I bought them.

The bases are in great shape. Topsheets show signs of use. There's a small topsheet chip on one tip, as shown.

I'm asking $150.

https://www.skimag.com/gear/kastle-fx94-2013

Attached Files:

#1 linked_recoveries, Oct 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  2. Annabuzzy

Annabuzzy Part of the Furniture
    Ski Pass: Gold

These still available?

3. linked_recoveries

Yes indeed. PM me if you like.

4. Annabuzzy

Annabuzzy Part of the Furniture
    Ski Pass: Gold

Ok skiing now so will do so when back

5. linked_recoveries

I'm jealous! Heatwave in Sydney / every state / every territory / just $%&# everywhere