1. Use the Force filters, Guest!

Skis     Snowboard     Telemark     Clothing     Boots     Bindings     Accessories     Roof Racks     Chains     Outdoor Gear     Wanted     Free     Sold

Skis 2012 Kastle FX94 - 186cm - Salomon S914 bindings

Discussion in 'Gear Swap' started by linked_recoveries, Oct 11, 2018 at 9:31 AM.

1. linked_recoveries

I have a pair of Kastle FX94s for sale in 186cm. These are the original model with the Hollowtech inserts in both tip and tail, dual titanal layers in the layup (although the layers are thinner than usual), metal tail protectors, tapered shape in tip/tail and full camber. I'll post up some shots shortly.

The skis are mounted with Salomon S914 bindings for a boot sole of 335mm (29 Mondo) located ~6mm forward of the manufacturer's line. They ski nicely for me there.

When I originally bought the skis they were mounted for a 28 boot and I could just fit my larger boots using the adjustment on the heel piece of the binding. That left me around 8mm behind the line and I wasn't happy with that placement. So, I re-mounted the toe pieces forward and used the heel adjustment to fit my boots. Hence they've been mounted one and a half times. Much happier now.

If your boots are a Mondo 30 (around 346mm) you'll be able to adjust the heels back and put yourself virtually on the manufacturer's line.

I've used these perhaps eight or nine days since I bought them. I've not given them a base grind although they may have received one before I bought them.

The bases are in great shape. Topsheets show signs of use. There's a small chip at the end of one tip which I'll show in a detailed photo.

I'm asking $150.

https://www.skimag.com/gear/kastle-fx94-2013

#1 linked_recoveries, Oct 11, 2018 at 9:31 AM
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2018 at 11:41 AM