2013 Buller Season Pass Speculation Thread

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
**** MOD NOTE ****

Started this thread as a placeholder for 2013 season pass speculation.

As per Ian's new rules we need to keep the pics/report/info thread factual, so I will move the posts into here.

**** MOD NOTE ****

Has Buller announced any DEALS for a season pass?

Perisher has a $699 pass for 2013
Thredbo has a $699 pass for 2013

Last edited by a moderator:

MarkGC

One of Youse
Ski Pass
Jul 28, 2010
Northern NSW
skidown said:
Has buller announced any DEALS for a season pass?

laugh.gif

With no Pole Plant you may not catch as many fish this year Skidown.

vet

One of Us
Dec 8, 2009
www.angliss.edu.au
skidown said:

Yes, signs at the loading point on WombatChair says buller lifts are selling a mass of surplus properties (24??? iirc) through a sale to be held at Pitcher Partners' office. Included is the penthouse at the Chalet and really nice places near Chamois.

And Ferrier Hodgson have about 7 other places next to Chamois on their books that'll come onto the market for sale.

Maybe its time for a deal.

Maybe

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
Ps purchased Perisher season pass today

Prob get a thredbo one as well

2 for 1 buller

benchives

I forgot how to ski
Ski Pass
Dec 30, 2006
sydney
cm said:
As per Ian's new rules we need to keep the pics/report/info thread factual.

is there somewhere we can discuss how these new rules are to be applied? It would make more sense to have a sticky thread on exactly how admin expect us to behave rather than to bury a short and confusing 'chinese whisper' type moderator note amongst pages and pages of 'illegal' banter.

benchives

I forgot how to ski
Ski Pass
Dec 30, 2006
sydney
Dude I don't think you have done anything wrong, afaict the admins have lumped all these new requirements on mods to make content more applicable to first time users without thinking about how it affects community behaviour and goodwill.

I don't disagree with admin intentions anyone can see this site needs to be profitable, I just find it odd that admins don't realize that it is because of banter threads that content becomes valuable, take away the banter and you have snowwatch.

Stratus

A Local
Apr 22, 2005
Melbourne
Buller has the worst snow, most expensive lift tickets, worst lifties and without a doubt the most pathetic marketing and PR team, out of all the major resorts in OZ.

Bullers performance as a resort is sub par.

Yet, last weekend they pretty much closed the mountain down it was so busy.

I was there two weeks ago, it was full of busloads of first timers and tourists, happily paying $108 + $5.

Madski

Hard Yards
Aug 30, 2002
To be honest this thread is a waste of time. Buller has just offer a mid season lift pass for 2012 which is more expensive than a whole season lift pass at other resorts.

The fact they closed the mountain 2 weeks ago due to number of people there is no way they could do it. Could you imagine the complaints about the lift lines.

I would much prefer they improved service

Moar staff in the ticket offices
Moar staff at the food places
Lifties who can count to 4
More effort in steeping up Bumps course for the kids to terrain on eg the school trials bumps course was a joke
Better run 2xu races

If talking prices they should drop the prices of the taxis now they are a rip off.

absentskier

Smug bozo
Ski Pass
Jun 10, 2010
Melbourne
Does anyone really think Buller will do anything significantly different with season passes in 2013? I'd be surprised if they did.

Madski

Hard Yards
Aug 30, 2002
What we should be speculating on is what other benefits will or should be include in with the pass.

MickM

A Local
Ski Pass
Aug 15, 2001
Gordon, Vic
I was there two weeks ago, it was full of busloads of first timers and tourists, happily paying $108 + $5.

[/quote]

Exactly why they don't need to offer a reduced season pass.

To be honest, would they sell that many if they offered a discount? With the fickle nature of our season it would still be a risk to buy. IMO, most people in the market for a season pass would buy at Hotham or Falls surely.

Also, most of you complain about everything about Buller, so why would you ski there anyway?

absentskier

Smug bozo
Ski Pass
Jun 10, 2010
Melbourne
Karicta said:
Grass skis
Plastic pullover raincoat
There's been some decent skiing at Buller this year, it's just that the others have had excellent skiing.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Snorkler

Part of the Furniture
Jan 1, 1970
Melbourne, Vic
MickM said:

[/quote]

I would disagree, given that this would earn them maybe $0.5m-0.6m, it would take more weekends than there are to earn the millions that Perisher got from their season pass sales, not to mention that their visitor numbers are up resulting in increase expenditure on the hill as well.

Snorkler

Part of the Furniture
Jan 1, 1970
Melbourne, Vic
vet said:
skidown said:
Hi guize.

Kthxbai

Yes, signs at the loading point on WombatChair says buller lifts are selling a mass of surplus properties (24??? iirc) through a sale to be held at Pitcher Partners' office. Included is the penthouse at the Chalet and really nice places near Chamois.

And Ferrier Hodgson have about 7 other places next to Chamois on their books that'll come onto the market for sale.

Maybe its time for a deal.

Maybe

Grollo has decided to sell several properties that they own, hence the number on books. The idea is that they'll use the sale of those properties to improve the facilities on the mountain, obviously not enough money from pass sales to do that and with competitors now flush with cash to do improvements, Buller might lag in the Better stakes over the next few years.

MickM

A Local
Ski Pass
Aug 15, 2001
Gordon, Vic
Snorkler said:
MickM said:

I would disagree, given that this would earn them maybe $0.5m-0.6m, it would take more weekends than there are to earn the millions that Perisher got from their season pass sales, not to mention that their visitor numbers are up resulting in increase expenditure on the hill as well. [/quote]

Maybe. I guess it all depends on level of interest and how many they could sell. I suppose the flow on to other businesses on the hill could be beneficial.

Sadie

Chk Chk Boom
Ski Pass
Aug 31, 2001
Melbourne
Here is the argument again.

I am sure they will be analyzing their figures to see if the number of guests were down that much that if they had of offered a reduced cost pass, the revenue generated would have been greater. It really is not rocket science.

They already have lodge members locked in for season passes and given how expensive accommodation is for some people, they simply cannot afford to do both and with proximity to Melbourne, they can get a day trip in without having to fork Sout for accommodation as well.

If we were talking Hotham and Falls, it would be silly for one to offer a discounted pass and not the other one. It is so much easier for people to vote with their feet and go to the other resort.

This is where Buller has the upper hand. If people vote with their feet, they have to fork out for accommodation as well.

You would love them to show some loyalty to their guests but at the end of the day, they are running a business.

CarveMan

Tremendous Slouch
Ski Pass
May 12, 2000
Les Hautes Montagnes
aussieskier.com
The main issue with the 'Buller gets busloads of day trippers happy to pay' argument is this:

These busloads are not skiers, nor are they every likely to be converted to skiing. It is glorified snowplay for SE Asian tourists, where yesterday was Phillip Island & tomorrow is Healesville.

So while they represent an income stream this attitude is doing nothing to grow the sport of skiing and convert new skiers, which as a long term prospect is very scary.

Given the anecdotal evidence of Buller skiers moving to the Hero Pass (spoke to two today at Hotham) it is very likely the current stance is going to harm both Buller and the independent businesses on the mountain.

I speak to the owners of numerous independent businesses on the mountain on this topic. They are beyond furious. Their customers are being driven away and they have no control over this.

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
Bullers better.

Perisher pass purchased
Thredbo pass will be purchased tomorrow

2 for 1

Better snow
Less lift lines
So much moar terrain

kimberlee81

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 8, 2004
Victoria
Visit site
skidown said:
Bullers better.

Perisher pass purchased
Thredbo pass will be purchased tomorrow

2 for 1

Better snow
Less lift lines
So much moar terrain
Yes, thank you, you posted this information yesterday.

Stratus

A Local
Apr 22, 2005
Melbourne
Last night Bullers PR and Marketing clocked off at 5pm.

Falls Creeks PR were on all night posting photos and snow updates.

I still have a B Tag in my jacket pocket, and i'll never be back to use it. What a waste.

Empty chairs going up from BB1 because the BTag gates create a bottle neck. Yet 15min queue waits. Shameful.

Lifties who stand inside the huts at the top of the mountain instead of greeting you and saying hello.

BUllers Beeeter.

MickM

A Local
Ski Pass
Aug 15, 2001
Gordon, Vic
Stratus said:
Empty chairs going up from BB1 because the BTag gates create a bottle neck. Yet 15min queue waits. Shameful.

BUllers Beeeter.

First mistake there, never use BB1.

absentskier

Smug bozo
Ski Pass
Jun 10, 2010
Melbourne
skidown said:
She's mad
Although I can't speak for him, I think Kim may have simply been saying that it is possible that you have expressed your opinion on Buller on one or two prior occasions.
wink.gif

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
Ha
smile.gif
have not even started my rants or Facebook posts on buller yet ......

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
CarveMan said:
BTW on the last week's visitor numbers, Hotham was higher than Buller.

This is unprecedented.

Hotham is usually 30-40% lower.

This should be a wake up call...

But they will just blame poor snow for low forward bookings....

FixedGrip

Kick-Ass Blaster
Ski Pass
May 31, 2005
The Chammy
He's simply stating what many/most are thinking Verm. The fact he states it with such high repetition is a side matter!

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
Vermillion said:
skidown said:
They care on Facebook when they delete posts.....

Maybe it's not the comment it's the poster?

Maybe it the fact that buller is not really better.......

2 regulars seem sick of incompetent management......

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
$899 pass
Drop the bullshit
No silly deals with the pass or other discounts
Drop bullers better
Get lifties filling chairs
Ensure b tag works fully

I think that's pretty fair from this keyboard and armchair

FixedGrip

Kick-Ass Blaster
Ski Pass
May 31, 2005
The Chammy
I feel a bit s4d having spent the weekend up at Jindy.

Everything works, no disgruntled customers, lift lines well managed, 2013 SP deals already advertised...sigh.

Stratus

A Local
Apr 22, 2005
Melbourne
skidown said:

Funny, Falls Creek reply to every post or question you post on their Facebook, and within a very short amount of time.

Buller either ignore or delete
laugh.gif

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
Stratus said:
skidown said:

Funny, Falls Creek reply to every post or question you post on their Facebook, and within a very short amount of time.

Buller either ignore or delete
laugh.gif

Yep we all know that Buller fails on social media!

Bullers Better

and you're starting to give me the shits again banging on every second post about this. We get it - hey I'm disgruntled with Buller too (as you well know) but I'm more digruntled that I have to trawl through pages of crap saying the same thing over and over. We get it - you don't like it. Move along.

Meanwhile, in other news, I'm just about to buy a Perisher pass for jnr LTB. I can't make the decision for the rest of us now but it's still an option being considered. Hopefully we don't leave it too late and miss out.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass