2014 Hotham Snow discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowgum

A Local
Ski Pass
May 4, 1999
vic
Mod's Note: As per Ian's request, please post chatter about this year's snow falls here. The sticky thread at the top is for Snow Reports (with pics) and Observations - it is mined automatically by the forum software to display as forum users' snow report. Over time, mods will transfer chatter type posts from the Snow Report thread to here.

Hope this is in scope Ian?

I observe a lack of snowmaking attempts at Hotham.

Reactions: Azz

Timmossy

One of Us
Nov 26, 2004
Any talk of HV opening? Put my bets on it that it will open on Saturday for when the crowds arrive despite their already being sufficient snow. Then again if I was running a business I'd do that same!

Bluebird

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 16, 2013
Melbourne
Any talk of HV opening? Put my bets on it that it will open on Saturday for when the crowds arrive despite their already being sufficient snow. Then again if I was running a business I'd do that same!
There was a Facebook post earlier today that said Heavenly is opening on Saturday. Maybe you should have put some money on it!!

Timmossy

One of Us
Nov 26, 2004
Bring back the days of Schumann (aka Ski Tows). This is what happens when ski resorts are operated by investment companies........no new lift at Hotham for 17 years now, must be similar for Falls Creek too.

Skiddy85

Addicted
Aug 25, 2008
Wodonga
I don't think Hotham will ever lift new areas. They may replace existing lifts, but Australian ski resorts are cigarette butt investments.

Boodwah

A Local
Ski Pass
Jun 20, 2006
StKilda,VicBC,Prom,France
boodoir.blogspot.com.au
Totally agree. Existing lifts won't be turning much anyway in 10 years, if at all in 20. Would put a v large sum of money on that if I was a betting man. I am guessing that management are betting people. Suggest you buy some skins and touring bindings.

The Plowking

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Aug 15, 2000
Bonbeach, Vic
Am up tomorrow.
Tent somewhere, Prolly JB Plain. Resort Sunday morning and sidecountry arvo and Monday hopefully. PM if anyone wants a riding partner.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

dmz

Puzzles solved here.
Ski Pass
Jun 25, 2001
melbourne
Is Frosty Drop and the track down to Heavenly open? What about McColls?

Camelot

One of Us
Sep 7, 2010
Mt Hotham
Like spring today! Hard and fast this morning now it's spring slushies in the sun! Still heaps of nooks and crannies to explore with fresh tracks.....

dmz

Puzzles solved here.
Ski Pass
Jun 25, 2001
melbourne
I cannot believe that no-one is here. Middle weekend of the school holidays and there are no queues to speak of. And of course a once in generation dump. Anyone have any theories as to the emptiness?

cqen2l

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 7, 2003
Northern Beaches
There is a reluctance amougnst the punters to book first week of school holidays. I always book out our lodge second week, rarely the first.

SnowBound

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 7, 2007
Northern Beaches, Sydney
I cannot believe that no-one is here. Middle weekend of the school holidays and there are no queues to speak of. And of course a once in generation dump. Anyone have any theories as to the emptiness?
dont encourage anyone! keep the slopes to yourself! I'm so so very jealous :thumbs:

Bluebird

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 16, 2013
Melbourne
The perfect day at Hotham. Lovely sunshine after all the recent snow and awesome groomed runs. For me Zirk's, Watershed and Snake gully were the pics of the day. And no queues really! Why arent you here?
I will be next week! :woohoo:

Getting very excited - loving the looks of things on the cams, and it's great to read on here how good it is for those lucky enough to already be up there!

bdenny4

One of Us
Jun 28, 2008
Bayside Melb
Wish I was there - unfortunately a year off this year!
Few injuries over the last few months have encouraged a forced siesta.

dmz

Puzzles solved here.
Ski Pass
Jun 25, 2001
melbourne
I will be next week! :woohoo:

Getting very excited - loving the looks of things on the cams, and it's great to read on here how good it is for those lucky enough to already be up there!
After the extra snow from tomorrow onwards, next week will be the pic of the year I reckon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass