1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

2015 accom rental for season in Falls or Bogong

Discussion in 'Falls Creek' started by yo bro, Feb 2, 2015.

1. yo bro

yo bro Hard Yards

Hi All,

I'm looking to rent accommodation for the 2015 season in Falls Creek or Bogong Village. It would be most appreciated if you could PM me contact details of any apartment owners who might have something available.

Many thanks!

2. Karicta

Karicta A Local Ski Pass: Gold

Yo bro, may help if you say what you want (ie studio/one bed/shared etc etc)

3. yo bro

yo bro Hard Yards

Thanks for the reply Karicta. I'm interested in hearing about any options available but ideally a 1-2 bedroom would be preferable. It's for myself, wife and 2 kids so studio wouldn't work. The kids are enrolled in FC primary for the winter term so I would even consider just renting the 10 weeks of school term. The owner could still utilise it/let out for the school holiday periods.

4. chriscross

chriscross One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

Suggest you try Mountain Multiservice P/L on 5472 2274, if you don't get much response here. I'm sure there would be owners who would give a good deal on a guaranteed 10 weeks booking.

yo bro, qwill and Karicta like this.
  5. Karicta

Karicta A Local Ski Pass: Gold

As above (mountain multi), but I will also make a cpl of enquiries and let you know if anything comes from them (but I wouldn't hold my breath).

yo bro likes this.
  6. yo bro

yo bro Hard Yards

Thanks for the reply chriscross. I'm aware of mountain multi but also trying to reach any apartment owners that might not deal with Ted. Thanks for making enquiries Karicta, I appreciate your efforts.

7. Sh4d0w9

Sh4d0w9 Hard Yards

Mountain Multi Service doesn't look after seasonal rentals, though they or Falls Creek Accom (Shona) may be interested in the guaranteed 10 week period. If you're set on the season, contact Christa at Zirky Real Estate. You're going to be looking at around $24k+ for the season, and around $26k total including utilities. Might be also worth contacting the managers at Snow Ski. They usually have some apartments that are leased out long term.

Definitely don't overlook Bogong Village or if you're game with the daily drive, Mt Beauty.

8. Apresski

Apresski Pool Room Ski Pass: Gold

9. Sh4d0w9

Sh4d0w9 Hard Yards

This point exactly. If you're after a seasonal rental on the Mountain, you'd be paying anywhere in excess of $1600-$1800 a week, before you incorporate utilities. Reason for the difference being that a large component of the rental amount is to cover the bed taxes charged to unit owners and accommodation providers within the resort boundaries. Once you're outside the resort gates, ie: Bogong or Mount Beauty that isn't so much an issue.

10. yo bro

yo bro Hard Yards

Thanks for the replies Sh4d0w9 and Apresski, good info and much appreciated.

Apresski likes this.
  11. Lamabrady

Lamabrady First Runs

Hi yo bro, just wondering if you had any luck finding suitable accommodation in Falls Creek for the 2015 season. We also have 2 x children and would like to live in Falls Creek for the 2017 season. Many thanks.