Trip Report 2018 Hotham-Falls locals pass - online reload problems

Discussion in 'Hotham & Dinner Plain' started by kirktab, Jul 12, 2018.

1. kirktab

kirktab Hard Yards

Good luck for any Locals Pass trying to reload online (and avoid the ticket office lines) - their updated reload web portal doesn't yet work with the Pass. You won't get a useful expanation about why your valid credit card payment is repeatedly rejected.
    IT guys don't yet have a solution, but a logical first step would surely have been to create up a pop-up explaining this issue when locals log in. Ah, that's the British QoS I remember from living in the UK.
    No idea apparently when this will be fixed. Not even going to mention the spectacular run of price hikes over the last 3-4 yrs.

2. Pisteoff

Pisteoff Hard Yards

A hero pass is cheaper than the locals pass after about 11 days and with the hero pass you get a free days skiing and ski hire for someone else. The locals pass is getting more expensive every year and cheaper than buying individual day tickets after about 6 days (correct me if I'm wrong on that). When you add in the problems with reloading it, it is not really worth getting it any more unless you know you are going to do 7 - 9 days skiing in a year.

3. currawong

currawong Old but not so Crusty
    Ski Pass - Gold

I used to give lifts up the hill to friends with locals passes. i could get 3 runs in while they queued for tickets. I know it's electronic now, when it's working, but that certainly put me off.

the other advantage of hero pass is that you never have to "get your money's worth" on any one day. go up one lift, see that it's shit and call it quits for the day with no money regrets

4. gaz35

gaz35 Hard Yards

at least now they will let you reload over the phone. Used to piss me off when they wouldn't