1. SPECIAL NOTE TO NEW REGISTRATIONS

If you recently registered and have not received a confirmation email - please check your 'Spam or Junk' folders. Especially if your email is Hotmail. More help with confirmation issues

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

2020 planning

Discussion in 'Canada' started by chicski, Apr 6, 2019.

1. chicski

chicski A Local Ski Pass: Gold

So far I have a flight booked into Vancouver late Jan, a flight booked back from San Fran 3 weeks later and an Epic Aus Pass.

Am thinking 10 days at Whistler to start and would welcome any recommendations on accomodation. Currently deciding between a studio with kitchen ski in/out Blackcomb side vs hotel style close to the gondolas in Whistler village. Convenience of easy access to shops/restaurants vs ability to cook.

Then....haven’t decided. Options are back to the USA for some more epic resorts depending on snowfalls, upgrade to full Epic and stay in Canada, ski Fernie/Kicking Horse or go back to where the obsession all began 35 yrs ago and pay extra to ski around Banff.

Solo trip, so no car, will be easier and more cost effective to use planes/buses.

2. Chowder11

Chowder11 Part of the Furniture Ski Pass: Gold

If you have an epic.
    Hit up Utah, Wyoming, Montana.

3. aazz

aazz One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

https://www.crystal-lodge.com/rooms/deluxe-studios/deluxe-king

I've stayed here four times. It's a few minutes walk to the gondolas and right in the village. The kitchenette comes in handy for breakfast, I always just find somewhere in the village for dinner.
    There is a small supermarket and a bottle o a few minutes walk away in the opposite direction of the gondolas.
    I don't know when I will be in Whistler again but I will stay at the Crystal Lodge again.

chicski likes this.