Travel Life 2022/2023 - Canada Plans

Crystal

Sand skier extraordinaire
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1970
Far far away Aussie expat
Seems there is already some plans underfoot and lively conversation. Time to start planning here for next season.

Crystal Clan - Likely fly the day after school gets out. Week or so at Sunpeaks or Silverstar, remainder of trip at Apex and maybe a side trip to Big White to see friends. Fly home Australia day.

gareth_oau

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Dec 27, 2008
Canning Vale, Perth
Our provisional plan at the moment (subject to change of course) is to go with my youngest son (26) and his GF. We fly into Vancouver for a week of touristy things as she hasnt been to Canada before, then fly to Calgary for a road trip back to Sun Peaks for two weeks.

Probalbly look to leave Perth early to mid Janaury, depending mostly around best pricing.

Here's hoping Covid and Mark McGoo plsys fairly

gareth_oau

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Dec 27, 2008
Canning Vale, Perth
I would like to do something! Looking at late season road trip Vancouver to Jasper and returned via a few favourite spots.
on our last road trip we contemplated visitng Jasper and then decided we couldnt easily fit it in our schedule and so abandoned that thought.

On the day we drove past the turn-off to Jasper, the road was closed due to weather/snow so we were a bit fortuitous. (Would imagine this is less risk for you if going late season)

Reactions: northsail
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

tr+h

One of Us
Jun 19, 2008
Perth,wa
Our provisional plan at the moment (subject to change of course) is to go with my youngest son (26) and his GF. We fly into Vancouver for a week of touristy things as she hasnt been to Canada before, then fly to Calgary for a road trip back to Sun Peaks for two weeks.

Probalbly look to leave Perth early to mid Janaury, depending mostly around best pricing.

Here's hoping Covid and Mark McGoo plsys fairly

Would you consider driving in a convoy sun peaks to Calgary instead. Via Rev and LL FEW days each?

Reactions: Reetro

gareth_oau

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Dec 27, 2008
Canning Vale, Perth
Would you consider driving in a convoy sun peaks to Calgary instead. Via Rev and LL FEW days each?
its a possibility. I suspect with my eyesight that it wont be me driving, so relying on my son. The direction probably isnt important, though I'd probably prefer to finish in SP rather than start

skivet

One of Us
Sep 16, 2007
Gold coast
We are finally having a white Christmas this year at Sun Peaks! Extended family from Gold Coast. Booked a 7 bedroom house on Sunburst st. So excited. It’s been a dream for a decade, no more!
First time skiing in Canada. Normally ski Japan.
Any tips on things to or events over the festive period would be appreciated.
Have two non skiers among our group of 11.

gareth_oau

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Dec 27, 2008
Canning Vale, Perth
We are finally having a white Christmas this year at Sun Peaks! Extended family from Gold Coast. Booked a 7 bedroom house on Sunburst st. So excited. It’s been a dream for a decade, no more!
First time skiing in Canada. Normally ski Japan.
Any tips on things to or events over the festive period would be appreciated.
Have two non skiers among our group of 11.
The fireworks on NYE are nice, especially as you can get up close. They typically do a big board/ski jump display also. Mske sure you have the heatpavks for your boots as it can get very cold - once year we watched at -26 which was uncomfortable

269696178_452084059847949_7207044997051687943_n.jpg

northsail

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jan 7, 2011
Gods country, Martinsville
on our last road trip we contemplated visitng Jasper and then decided we couldnt easily fit it in our schedule and so abandoned that thought.

On the day we drove past the turn-off to Jasper, the road was closed due to weather/snow so we were a bit fortuitous. (Would imagine this is less risk for you if going late season)
We went from Sun Peaks to Jasper via Valemount on a previous trip. Icefield Parkway will be the route this time.

Reactions: gareth_oau

Inclder

Addicted
Mar 14, 2017
Just looked in outbound flights. Depart BNE to LAX 16th Dec. 2 days @ Disneyland. 19th Dec Fly to Calgary.

Loose plan is:

2 nights Calgary
6 nights Banff (was originally meant to 3+3 in Banff / LL, but prices for the Chateau around this time were outrageous)
6 nights Kicking horse
6 nights Revelstoke
13 nights sun peaks
2 nights Vancouver
5 nights Whistler

Reactions: Katec19 and Crystal

Katec19

First Runs
Jan 12, 2022
Hi everyone, my first time posting after lurking for a number of years. Looking for advice for our 22/23 trip to Canada. My partner and I are thinking of spending all of Jan/Feb 2023 in one resort in BC or Alberta - open to any.

Looking for advice on finding accommodation for a two month stay, where to look and how to book, as well as any tips on rental car companies that might do a good deal for a two month rental.

We've both worked seasons in Jasper (Marmot) and Sun Peaks so know our way around but I know this forum has the experts on holidaying over there - especially longer trips. Thanks!

absentskier

Smug bozo
Ski Pass
Jun 10, 2010
Melbourne
Hi everyone, my first time posting after lurking for a number of years. Looking for advice for our 22/23 trip to Canada. My partner and I are thinking of spending all of Jan/Feb 2023 in one resort in BC or Alberta - open to any.

Looking for advice on finding accommodation for a two month stay, where to look and how to book, as well as any tips on rental car companies that might do a good deal for a two month rental.

We've both worked seasons in Jasper (Marmot) and Sun Peaks so know our way around but I know this forum has the experts on holidaying over there - especially longer trips. Thanks!
What are you looking for? More of the same? Bigger snow? More steeps? A proper town or is custom built resort okay? Etc.

Katec19

First Runs
Jan 12, 2022
What are you looking for? More of the same? Bigger snow? More steeps? A proper town or is custom built resort okay? Etc.
That's the hard part - we're familiar with most of the resorts, either ridden them or just know enough about them and with that we're open to almost anything - I guess our biggest issue is budget. We can spend up to $3k - $4k per month for the two months on accomm that won't be uncomfortable for that length of time - so need a bedroom (not a studio) plus a kitchen.

To narrow it down a bit, my preferences are Sun Peaks, Silverstar, BW, Banff. My partner - Revy, Kicking horse/Golden, Red/Rossland. Fernie or Nelson would be all good too. Definitely not Whistler and for some reason neither of us are keen on Pano. We're neutral on village/resort vs. a town with a drive. I think the right accommodation and its cost is going to dictate where we go. Wherever it is, we will drive to other resorts during our trip.

Wondering if anyone has any tips on the best accommodation providers at any resort/town with decent discounts for longer stays?

Sbooker

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 28, 2015
That's the hard part - we're familiar with most of the resorts, either ridden them or just know enough about them and with that we're open to almost anything - I guess our biggest issue is budget. We can spend up to $3k - $4k per month for the two months on accomm that won't be uncomfortable for that length of time - so need a bedroom (not a studio) plus a kitchen.

To narrow it down a bit, my preferences are Sun Peaks, Silverstar, BW, Banff. My partner - Revy, Kicking horse/Golden, Red/Rossland. Fernie or Nelson would be all good too. Definitely not Whistler and for some reason neither of us are keen on Pano. We're neutral on village/resort vs. a town with a drive. I think the right accommodation and its cost is going to dictate where we go. Wherever it is, we will drive to other resorts during our trip.

Wondering if anyone has any tips on the best accommodation providers at any resort/town with decent discounts for longer stays?
I'd stay in town in Fernie.
Plenty in that range. I haven't checked but I would expect there would be enough available in Rossland too. Trail? A bit further away from Red but accommodation would be cheaper.
If you stayed in Fernie you wouldn't really need a car?

Reactions: Katec19

bigmac

Hard Yards
Jun 25, 2009
Thinking about 4 weeks in Sun Peaks and then a 2 week road trip via Revelstoke, Kicking Horse and Banff and flying out of Calgary. In the past we have found car hire in Canada very reasonable but looking at hire for this year it is very limited and very expensive. Looking for some guidance, under normal circumstances is a one way hire from Kamloops to Calgary a common thing and is it reasonable, would want an AWD with snow tyres. Hoping in 12 months things will be closer to normal. (would not want/need a car in Sun Peaks)

Reactions: Kash and Katec19

gareth_oau

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Dec 27, 2008
Canning Vale, Perth

Accommodation that is less than 30 days is hit with a 10% holiday tax, whereas longer than 30 days, does not incur that tax. When chatting to booking agents make sure you query that closely (advice to me from TopoftheMountain in SP).

Maybe chat to real estate agents as well as holiday rental companies if you a looking at one palce for 2 months..

When you chat to the holiday rental places, their nightly rates include cleaning etc. Chat to them about removing the cleaning costs and doing your own, and take your own sheets and towels, soap etc.

For 2 months consider buying a cheap car instead of renting.

book stuff (especially rental cars) up to 12 months ahead where discounts and availavility are the best. Keep looking for better deals, for car rentals you can always cancel without cost if you find something better.

And where you end up, suss out early purchase discounts for season passes - I know SP offers a substantial discount if you buy before end of June

Kash

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 9, 2007
Sydney
Thinking about 4 weeks in Sun Peaks and then a 2 week road trip via Revelstoke, Kicking Horse and Banff and flying out of Calgary. In the past we have found car hire in Canada very reasonable but looking at hire for this year it is very limited and very expensive. Looking for some guidance, under normal circumstances is a one way hire from Kamloops to Calgary a common thing and is it reasonable, would want an AWD with snow tyres. Hoping in 12 months things will be closer to normal. (would not want/need a car in Sun Peaks)

For that amount of time, why not hire and drive from Vancouver? Could even consider Seattle, it isnt that much further and might be cheaper hiring from the US.

Kash

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 9, 2007
Sydney
just make sure you are allowed to take a US rental across the boarder try www.sixt.com

Good point. I've been looking at Turo (airbnb for cars) for our trip next year. Exhibit A...

Edited: Not sure on turo's rules re travelling from the US to Canada though. Yes it is allowed. https://support.turo.com/hc/en-us/articles/203990900-Available-cars#:~:text=Where can I drive?,may not drive into Mexico.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Cecret Skier

Addicted
Jul 3, 2018
Hi all - we were too conservative to head OS this year but I can’t deal with it anymore so am going to have to start planning the Jan 23 trip now. I expect to have all 3 kids vaxed by then and it will have been three years since last OS trip so we are desperate to get out there!

My last trip to Canada was Whistler with the boys 20 years ago (lots of Europe, US and Aus in between). Wife and kids have never been. We are COVID conservative so like the idea of Canada (over US/Europe/Japan - track record, system familiarity and English speaking - I know that’s very conservative but it is where our heads are at). Ideally we are looking for a big resort where we can get a suite with a kitchen to avoid restaurants etc if things ripping through at the time of the trip like now. It’s also just better with kids to have the option staying in when everyone’s tired. Probably just stick to a single resort to keep it simple.

I like the single flight option of Whistler. I’ve also spent 20 years dreaming of getting back to Whistler to stay at the Fairmont. Problem is that now I could finally make that happen, practicalities like no kitchens and expected intense lift queues when half the skiing population of Australia is there this time next year make me second guess that original plan.

This forum raves about sun peaks so that’s becoming increasingly interesting.

8 and 11 year olds can ski well all over the mountain but the wild card on this trip will be the 4 year old. We’ll get him a couple of weeks of lessons in Aus this year before we go but will need a good ski school as part of the mix plus some interesting enough green terrain for family skiing together.

Will put 4 year old in privates (but older two in group lessons now). We ski about 50:50 lessons to family time. We will probably ski for 2-3 weeks. I expect that mix of ski school will result in astronomical costs at Vail resorts so something more cost effective would also be a big plus!

I’m stuck with January only given school commitments.

I know lots of you have huge amounts of experience in Canada. Any suggestions? Interested in particular accomodation recommendations as well as thoughts on resorts generally.

Thanks in advance!!

Crystal

Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1970
@Genghis Khan I think you should look further afield than Whistler for your type of trip. Whistler yes is awesome but if your footing the bill for the whole family it's going to add up. You could do all that and more at the other resorts for the same cost. Also heaps of non ski activities for the kids when they have days off...cheaper than Whistler.

Different resorts offer different experiences but as you have said you are comfortable with Canada and are familiar with Whistler...think of the other BC resorts as just a smaller Whistler. Everything is just as easy, relaxed and no drama's. My favorite BC resort is very dysfunctional but we love that about the hill...you will find little quirks with everyplace you go..I don't think you can go wrong with going interior. Go somewhere smaller and after a week or 2 everyone in the village will know your name and it feel like home.

Here are some of my observations - there are so many other resorts
Great ski schools - Big White, Silverstar
Steeps - Revelstoke, Red, Kicking Horse
Bowls and backcountry - Kickinghorse, Red
Village feel - Sunpeaks, Silverstar
Value for $$ accom - Big White, Silverstar
Huge variety of terrain (beginners to advanced where you can all ski an area and come back together) - Big White, Sunpeaks
Love the groomers ?? - Big White
Off ski activities - Big White, Silverstar, Sunpeaks

tr+h

One of Us
Jun 19, 2008
Perth,wa
@Genghis Khan I think you should look further afield than Whistler for your type of trip. Whistler yes is awesome but if your footing the bill for the whole family it's going to add up. You could do all that and more at the other resorts for the same cost. Also heaps of non ski activities for the kids when they have days off...cheaper than Whistler.

Different resorts offer different experiences but as you have said you are comfortable with Canada and are familiar with Whistler...think of the other BC resorts as just a smaller Whistler. Everything is just as easy, relaxed and no drama's. My favorite BC resort is very dysfunctional but we love that about the hill...you will find little quirks with everyplace you go..I don't think you can go wrong with going interior. Go somewhere smaller and after a week or 2 everyone in the village will know your name and it feel like home.

Huge variety of terrain (beginners to advanced where you can all ski an area and come back together) - Big White, Sunpeaks

Fog - Big White

gareth_oau

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Dec 27, 2008
Canning Vale, Perth
Hi all - we were too conservative to head OS this year but I can’t deal with it anymore so am going to have to start planning the Jan 23 trip now. I expect to have all 3 kids vaxed by then and it will have been three years since last OS trip so we are desperate to get out there!

My last trip to Canada was Whistler with the boys 20 years ago (lots of Europe, US and Aus in between). Wife and kids have never been. We are COVID conservative so like the idea of Canada (over US/Europe/Japan - track record, system familiarity and English speaking - I know that’s very conservative but it is where our heads are at). Ideally we are looking for a big resort where we can get a suite with a kitchen to avoid restaurants etc if things ripping through at the time of the trip like now. It’s also just better with kids to have the option staying in when everyone’s tired. Probably just stick to a single resort to keep it simple.

I like the single flight option of Whistler. I’ve also spent 20 years dreaming of getting back to Whistler to stay at the Fairmont. Problem is that now I could finally make that happen, practicalities like no kitchens and expected intense lift queues when half the skiing population of Australia is there this time next year make me second guess that original plan.

8 and 11 year olds can ski well all over the mountain but the wild card on this trip will be the 4 year old. We’ll get him a couple of weeks of lessons in Aus this year before we go but will need a good ski school as part of the mix plus some interesting enough green terrain for family skiing together.

Will put 4 year old in privates (but older two in group lessons now). We ski about 50:50 lessons to family time. We will probably ski for 2-3 weeks. I expect that mix of ski school will result in astronomical costs at Vail resorts so something more cost effective would also be a big plus!

I know lots of you have huge amounts of experience in Canada. Any suggestions? Interested in particular accomodation recommendations as well as thoughts on resorts generally.

Thanks in advance!!
for saving money, pick your times. the christmas new year week is very expensive.

Have a look at this page of pricing to give you an idea of timing on prices

(this one is a 4bed, 3 storey Trappers 29)

pricing.PNG

We have stayed in that place twice and its fantastic for a family, with private hottub, family room and games room, with an air hockey table to keep the kids (dad?) amused

Last edited:

dandandan

Early Days
Jan 1, 2022

Thanks in advance!!
Just on the 4 year old, when I took my 4 year old skiing for the first time (he was 4 years and 2 months), he had absolute melt downs about having to do lessons on day 2 and 3. When we took him skiing with us after day 3 he was skiing very very well. Everyone is different however I would think 2 weeks of lessons might be a lot, unless you want to ski without the 4 year old for a while which I get!.

I also noticed Sun Peaks best buy/early bird tickets went on sale in mid March in 2021 up to 30 April, to align with other ski resorts apparently, so keep an eye out if that happens again and not different period they have been on sale prior.

Reactions: Cecret Skier

TOFF

Your face is my case
Ski Pass
Aug 10, 2004
Started my packing today.
I have a lot of stuff for a 7 week trip

Reactions: gareth_oau

Legs Akimbo

Grumblebum
Ski Pass
Mar 3, 1999
Coastal suburban boonies.
Just on the 4 year old, when I took my 4 year old skiing for the first time (he was 4 years and 2 months), he had absolute melt downs about having to do lessons on day 2 and 3. When we took him skiing with us after day 3 he was skiing very very well. Everyone is different however I would think 2 weeks of lessons might be a lot, unless you want to ski without the 4 year old for a while which I get!.

I also noticed Sun Peaks best buy/early bird tickets went on sale in mid March in 2021 up to 30 April, to align with other ski resorts apparently, so keep an eye out if that happens again and not different period they have been on sale prior.
Your mileage WILL vary. My daughter was used to childcare. She had been in the Perisher creche several times over a couple of years and everyone there knew her and us. She did formal lessons before she was 3 (we fibbed, but everyone knew we were fibbing - they knew she was ready). She thrived and loved showing us how clever she was every afternoon when we collected her. A week of lessons at each of Lake Louise and Big White when she was 4. Another couple of weeks in Canada at Fernie when she was 5. Plus lessons every year in Australia. She got her CSIA 1 at 16 (no great accomplishment, I concede). At 17 she was going nuts in the off-map terrain in Val d'Isere.

Roymond

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 1, 2018
A white New Year for us as well, SP from 28/12- 16/1 and as first for the Roymond family, both my good wife and myself have managed to find locums for January. One month ski trip here we go!!!
Suggestions for a second resort welcome.
Weighing up Silverstar (but is that just more of SP types territory?) vs Whistler (never been) vs Banff/LL
We are not good enough skiers for your hard core Red/ Revelstoke/Kicking horse type slopes.

Kash

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 9, 2007
Sydney
Your mileage WILL vary. My daughter was used to childcare. She had been in the Perisher creche several times over a couple of years and everyone there knew her and us. She did formal lessons before she was 3 (we fibbed, but everyone knew we were fibbing - they knew she was ready). She thrived and loved showing us how clever she was every afternoon when we collected her. A week of lessons at each of Lake Louise and Big White when she was 4. Another couple of weeks in Canada at Fernie when she was 5. Plus lessons every year in Australia. She got her CSIA 1 at 16 (no great accomplishment, I concede). At 17 she was going nuts in the off-map terrain in Val d'Isere.

Our experience, the kids really struggled at ages 3 and 4 (we did 3 trips with them), but my boy who was 4 and 9 mths was super comfortable after a week in lessons at Hakuba and able to get down many of the home trails safely following in a trail behind the instructor. The first few trips though was a bit of a battle with them, they really didnt enjoy it and had been in child care 3 days a week since they were babies. Every kid is different though.

What i can say though as the lessons absolutely paid off, because the joy of having them able to pretty much ride the mountain with us by 6 or 7 is worth all the investment in the world. Cant think of many other sports where you spend all day with the kids doing something you all love. Just making sure they are in the right lessons for their level is important. There was one year where my kids where stuck on Friday flat for a few days bored out of their brains because of a lack of instructors (2020) but that was a brief experience, the rest of the time it has been great. Now at 8, they are quicker and probably more controlled than my +1 who is a pretty comfortable boarder!

gareth_oau

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Dec 27, 2008
Canning Vale, Perth
A white New Year for us as well, SP from 28/12- 16/1 and as first for the Roymond family, both my good wife and myself have managed to find locums for January. One month ski trip here we go!!!
Suggestions for a second resort welcome.
Weighing up Silverstar (but is that just more of SP types territory?) vs Whistler (never been) vs Banff/LL
We are not good enough skiers for your hard core Red/ Revelstoke/Kicking horse type slopes.
be a bit more tricky te get accommodation at SP starting 28/12 as they will want bookings for the whole xmas/ny week from 26/12. That week is almost double the cost of the week commencing 3/01 if you can afford to delay your plans by a week

Roymond

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 1, 2018
be a bit more tricky te get accommodation at SP starting 28/12 as they will want bookings for the whole xmas/ny week from 26/12. That week is almost double the cost of the week commencing 3/01 if you can afford to delay your plans by a week
This is one that we've swapped over from last year directly after our covid cancellation.
Booked direct with Len and Rebeccajo (three bears chalet) and they've been wonderful (we've stayed with them previously)..
Recommend them highly.
Dates suit us and time is more relevant than expense given our practice constraints- we want to maximise ski time with the kids having to get back to school at end of January.
But thanks for the heads up.
And @Crystal - no car.

gareth_oau

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Dec 27, 2008
Canning Vale, Perth
This is one that we've swapped over from last year directly after our covid cancellation.
Booked direct with Len and Rebeccajo (three bears chalet) and they've been wonderful (we've stayed with them previously)..
Recommend them highly.
Dates suit us and time is more relevant than expense given our practice constraints- we want to maximise ski time with the kids having to get back to school at end of January.
But thanks for the heads up.
And @Crystal - no car.
all good - its a great time of year and the atmosphere is amazing and SP-busy is like Whistler on a rainy summer's day

Telezacski

A Local
Ski Pass
Mar 19, 2010

Whilst I think most of this is fair their are a few overstatements IMO

Silverstar - no village, it has a few scattered shops but it’s not really a village

I don’t agree on the terrain and big white, but we had a week of fog so couldn’t explore as much.

I would add best family activities - silver star and big white. The tubing, skating and other activities are great.

Telezacski

A Local
Ski Pass
Mar 19, 2010
We have a loose plan which is fly into Vancouver, then a week touring south to seattle then across to Red and onto Sunpeaks.

I am concerned about car hire may try alternatives

Reetro

One of Us
Sep 7, 2017
all good - its a great time of year and the atmosphere is amazing and SP-busy is like Whistler on a rainy summer's day
I see the Coquihalla Hwy will now reopen from Jan 19 ... worth working out how much is open and what the traffic is like.??

In Jan 2023 we intend to fly into Calgary and fly home from Vancouver or Seattle. What happens in between lets see!!

gareth_oau

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Dec 27, 2008
Canning Vale, Perth
I see the Coquihalla Hwy will now reopen from Jan 19 ... worth working out how much is open and what the traffic is like.??

In Jan 2023 we intend to fly into Calgary and fly home from Vancouver or Seattle. What happens in between lets see!!
On our road trip we stopped unplanned in Bannf for 3 days due to weather, and it was fantastic

SnowRabbit

One of Us
Feb 13, 2017
Sydney

You say "My favourite BC resort is very dysfunctional" but you don't say which resort.
Don't keep me in suspense. Which is it? :):)

Crystal

Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1970
You say "My favourite BC resort is very dysfunctional" but you don't say which resort.
Don't keep me in suspense. Which is it? :):)
hehehee Apex, it does not have the polish that a lot of BC resorts have, also it has aging infrastructure that may break...but then you earn turns. Really we love the non polish locals feel. Skiing every day with the locals being shown the stashes is sensational.

gareth_oau

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Dec 27, 2008
Canning Vale, Perth
hehehee Apex, it does not have the polish that a lot of BC resorts have, also it has aging infrastructure that may break...but then you earn turns. Really we love the non polish locals feel. Skiing every day with the locals being shown the stashes is sensational.
I also understand you arent allowed in if you have a fancy ski jacket! LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Crystal

Cecret Skier

Addicted
Jul 3, 2018
Thanks so much for all of those great responses everyone. Sorry about slow thank you - I threw the question out there and then promptly got stuck away from my computer for a few days - long story, but good to get a break!

I'll reply to the specifics with a couple of follow ups now.

Cecret Skier

Addicted
Jul 3, 2018

Thanks so much for all of those observations. I think it steers me towards Silverstar or Sunpeaks for this trip.

I noticed you didn't put Sunpeaks ski school on the great ski school list. Any issues there, or others just better?

Whilst personally I don't mind skiing in low vis (drilled into me by lead instructor when i was a young instructor myself many years ago by his party trick of skiing down the top bowl blindfolded - "just ski loose") in my experience with U8s until they can confidently ski trees, it can quickly kill the ski day. I think that rules Big White out for now.

Wife is struggling to get head around going to Canada and not getting to Whistler at all though. Is Sunpeaks the easiest to get to from Whistler? Looks a full day drive though.....?

Cecret Skier

Addicted
Jul 3, 2018
for saving money, pick your times. the christmas new year week is very expensive.

Have a look at this page of pricing to give you an idea of timing on prices

(this one is a 4bed, 3 storey Trappers 29)

pricing.PNG

We have stayed in that place twice and its fantastic for a family, with private hottub, family room and games room, with an air hockey table to keep the kids (dad?) amused
Thakns a lot for that recommendation. It takes me to the booking site, but doesn't suggest a particular building. Is there a building or group of buildings you best recommend? With a 4 year old new skier who can whinge with the best of them, ski in / out on a green run with easy proximity to ski school is the gold dust we are seeking!

skichic

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
Re Whistler - I went there 2 years ago (today) because I had an Epic pass, so free skiing. Never expected to want to return. But I had a great time there, perhaps it was the people I met and skied with. But I do plan on returning (hopefully next year), with my kidults. I enjoyed the village and the mountain.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass