2022 Epic Australia Pass $859

Slide Sideways

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 2, 2012
Considering we got our refund back for 2020 and 2021 pretty quickly…. 2022 will more than likely go ahead for us :thumbs:

Reactions: MarkV

skull

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 4, 2017
I am surprised, I expected them to jack up the cost not as high as thredbo but up over $1000

teleroo

leaf blower aficionado
Ski Pass
Jun 19, 2019
Illawarra
So this pass is only for Australia.
No overseas benefits.

Ooft.
Eh?

Screenshot_20210915-102610.png

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

amyannick

Hard Yards
Jan 2, 2021
So this pass is only for Australia.
No overseas benefits.

Ooft.

I'm looking at the website and it looks like there is no change to the overseas benefits. I've never used my pass overseas so maybe I'm misinterpreting it?

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
Probably all the Qlders that weren’t under stay home orders, so not eligible!

Anyway I’m in, as is daughter. What could go wrong?
Some are from Sydney.
I don't blame them to be honest. Asking and sellling a product before you'd even refunded people would be a bit BS.

Olgreg

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 21, 2011
Dolans Bay
So is their system ready? I got to Assign Product, the window had “Passholder name“ in it, and it won’t go any further.

amyannick

Hard Yards
Jan 2, 2021
for real?
Well they will be eligible under the resort closure terms, just not under the personal events terms. And if they picked specific week and didn't ski prior to that then they'll get the whole thing back.

There is going to be an interesting thing happen where some people that applied under "personal event" got a refund for some portion of their pass, but would actually have received a larger refund if they had of waited and applied under "resort closure".

Reactions: sixty_eight

skichic

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
for real?
Yeah. Lots of non lockdown states trying to claim. They’ll be ok under resort closure (you can’t claim until October) but as far as I can interpret, the policy covers stay at home orders, not you can go but will have to quarantine when you return or maybe we won’t let you in.

Chaeron

Ski-Hike-Blade-Bike-Kayak
Ski Pass
Jun 24, 2014
Dandenong Ranges
I’m in - 15 year old son and myself. Deposit paid.

It might even snow. We might even be able to go.

Lots of new skis and equipment to try out.

Might even ski Japan if we get lucky…

fenrir

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 23, 2010
Once they process my core season refund it comes to $30/day. Bit of a dillema for me as some of those days were only worth $30 with the crowding.
On the other hand on the other side of the hill I would have got nothing back and it would have cost me $80/day...

Reactions: Chaeron

Dropbear

One of Us
Aug 4, 2010
Northern Beaches
Yeah nah. Next season, if it happens, will be crowded AF.

Besides, we've come to the conclusion that it's better to wait until a week before a trip, and buy only a couple of days in the resort - just enough for a downhill fix.

Reactions: Jonathan_P

MisterMxyzptlk

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Mar 12, 2002
Long time listener first time caller
Have always done New Zealand but have bought 3 epic passes for next year
Who knows what Ms Flip Flop will do regarding borders over there, but I'm pretty sure Gladys will be open for business:p
The selling point for me as well as PB was Hotham and Falls to be honest and 5 days in Rusutsu which will be more likely than not in 22/23
10 days skiing minimum across all those options WILL happen next year come hell or high water and at $200 a day for the 3 of us that's pretty good value

DidSurfNowSki

One of them
Ski Pass
Jan 19, 2014
Canberra, ACT
Sent: Wednesday, 15 September 2021 8:50 PM
To: seasonpass@vailresorts.com <seasonpass@vailresorts.com>
Subject:Epic Pass or Epic Australia Pass ?

Hi Vail Resorts

I'm an Australian resident and I'm tossing up whether to purchase an Epic Pass or Epic Australia Pass.

Once travel opens up after COVID restrictions are lifted one thing on my 'to do' list is go on a skiing holiday on the BC Powder Highway. I note that the Epic Pass gives a total of seven days of skiing and snowboarding at Resorts of the Canadian Rockies for the 2021/2022 winter season. This pass also gives 2022 access to Perisher/Falls Creek/Hotham in Australia so fits in very nicely with my ski plans.

If I purchase the Epic Pass, do you mail out the pass to Australia so that I could use it for the Canadian Rockies ? If so, great ! if not, could you suggest how I would be able to physically get my hands on an Epic Pass prior to travel from Australia to Canada.

Thanks in advance

DSNS

skichic

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
Sent: Wednesday, 15 September 2021 8:50 PM
To: seasonpass@vailresorts.com <seasonpass@vailresorts.com>
Subject:Epic Pass or Epic Australia Pass ?

Hi Vail Resorts

I'm an Australian resident and I'm tossing up whether to purchase an Epic Pass or Epic Australia Pass.

Once travel opens up after COVID restrictions are lifted one thing on my 'to do' list is go on a skiing holiday on the BC Powder Highway. I note that the Epic Pass gives a total of seven days of skiing and snowboarding at Resorts of the Canadian Rockies for the 2021/2022 winter season. This pass also gives 2022 access to Perisher/Falls Creek/Hotham in Australia so fits in very nicely with my ski plans.

If I purchase the Epic Pass, do you mail out the pass to Australia so that I could use it for the Canadian Rockies ? If so, great ! if not, could you suggest how I would be able to physically get my hands on an Epic Pass prior to travel from Australia to Canada.

Thanks in advance

DSNS
You pick it up in resort. My Breck one didn’t work at Whistler, had to get a new one.

Reactions: MarkV and skull
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass