Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

POW Hungry

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 28, 2000
Eastern Burbs of Sydney
Did Hotham get anymore overnight? Actually no I don't want to know, I should be there, this will just make me more mad :/
24cm system total.

Which brings the event totals for the big 5 around 15-25cm.

Bang on with what was put forward.
Issued: Wed 25 August, 9:17am

The lifts are now closed until the current Regional Victorian restrictions are eased.

We had about another 4 cm in the past 24 hours and there is the odd flurry this morning. The wind is another very strong southerly (The BOM's wind gauge is still frozen) and the temperature is minus 4.3, heading for a top of minus 3 degrees. Although there has not been much new snow the wind has blown it around and there are new fresh drifts around the place.

Backcountry Conditions

Another 4 cm of cold snow accompanied by very strong winds from the south. Some areas will be stripped while others will be drifted. Take Care.

You are solely responsible for your own safety while ski and snowboard touring. There is no hazard marking, avalanche control or ski patrol in the backcountry.

Natural hazards include: Avalanches, Icy slopes, Steep terrain, Variable snow conditions, Cliffs, Creek crossings, Poor visibility and Rapidly changing weather.

Before heading out, be sure to: Assess the weather and snow conditions, Assess the fitness and ability of your group, Travel with a small group of competent friends and Let someone know before you go.

Young Angus

One of Us
Ski Pass
Oct 14, 2018
The Bellarine
24cm system total.

Which brings the event totals for the big 5 around 15-25cm.

Bang on with what was put forward.
Off topic but since you quoted the snow report it's interesting that they say "until current regional vic restrictions are eased"...seems they are also being optimistic there will still be something happening this season, for the moment anyway.

Snow looks amazing up there, really making this lockdown harder than last years...makes for good distraction anyway, have been wearing my ski boots in the house last couple of days to celebrate good falls haha

POW Hungry

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 28, 2000
Eastern Burbs of Sydney
Off topic but since you quoted the snow report it's interesting that they say "until current regional vic restrictions are eased"...seems they are also being optimistic there will still be something happening this season, for the moment anyway.

Snow looks amazing up there, really making this lockdown harder than last years...makes for good distraction anyway, have been wearing my ski boots in the house last couple of days to celebrate good falls haha
Stranger things have happened during this pandemic.
Without highjacking the thread, given the state of the snowpack resorts have every chance of being part of 'relaxed conditions', ahead of end of Sep.
Might be for regionals only or only a few lifts but it 'aint over til it's over....

SMSkier

One of Us
Ski Pass
Oct 4, 2016
Another misty and cold day on the leeward. 14mm for the event including snow melt so not a lot.

On mountain there’s a lot of deep snow. There’s also moisture impacted snowpack. This will be more evident when the cloud and mist lifts but when your on it, it’s clearly evident. Brownish patches mountain wide and at all elevations.

1st Pic credit @Goanna

40E65927-03E2-4CB9-9574-8517D1D7203A.jpeg

F92CC3EB-D5BA-4D8A-9DE5-907767CC1A69.jpeg

The totals for the event are probably wide ranging given drifts etc but a decent top up approaching 40 cms in many areas we saw over the past 2 days.

855CA335-6957-411A-8A2C-A57CC3713861.jpeg

Sastrugi everywhere.

8F84907C-5F76-4609-A0A9-72A67794BF73.jpeg

In summary a good top up for PV…..

canestocks

One of Us
May 21, 2012
Armidale
Observing a bod skiing down HN at 5.55. Zig zag so snow might be a bit claggy to turn (or they might ski like me). Wait for the report?

Stats man

Hard Yards
Jul 22, 2016
After a morning blanket of 15cm of snow which dissolved to mud as the day went on there is now a bitter south wind blowing and a dusting of dry snow across the ground.

20210824_113406.jpg

I think the moisture has moved NE to the coast
Nice horse Phil (pity we couldnt catch up to ski this year - Mike)

Snowmaker7

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 25, 2013
Bowral, NSW
Maybe a date range extension needed? I wouldn't be surprised to see another 10-25cm falling during the day tomorrow for the NSW resorts. Straight southerly fetch with some good lower level temps snow down to 1100m IMO, looking forward to seeing some more pics tomorrow @dawooduck ;)

dawooduck

relaxed and comfortable
Ski Pass
Oct 26, 2002
Mountains
Maybe a date range extension needed? I wouldn't be surprised to see another 10-25cm falling during the day tomorrow for the NSW resorts. Straight southerly fetch with some good lower level temps snow down to 1100m IMO, looking forward to seeing some more pics tomorrow @dawooduck ;)

Currently wet, steady wet, full puddles and run off wet.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass