Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Alpine & Southern' started by Donzah, Aug 11, 2018.
At 200hrs plus.
Are we looking at a 3mt season?
Sign of EPS Support. Tick.
Watch for the inevitable downgrade
Like your cropping - "elated links".
Hmmmmmmmmm do I stick or twist??? Looking at maybe heading down Monday to Perisher, but do I delay in prospect of this bad boy developing!?! Decisions to be made....
I think you have something there!.. One of the experts (ie everyone quotes them) says that the max level of snow will be attained this week, for the season. Well I don't think it will. 2.5 is possible. 3m would be very nice.
Peak depth is typically first week Sept
Windy.com EC visualisation looks pretty sweet - last frame available is still Monday 20th but you can see....
Make hay while the sun shines, better still do two trips.
Yeah, looks ok.
GFS has it ridged out. Needs to come a long way to align but I think it’s good for maybe ~30cm .
What have we here ? Stacked and cut loose.
You sir, are a wise man!
what ... only a 1 foot storm!
Fman.. swatch was the man, its in his summary, came up on my fb feed
I completely disagree and offered a little wager..
Ummm .... The ubiquitous frog (sorry, Steve) has forecast some rain for Perisher on Tuesday 21st August. Long way out, I know, but it concerns me as I will be at Smiggins/Perisher for that week and friends were considering joining us on ... Tuesday. Any thoughts this early in the piece?
That guy only reads GFS. GFS forecasts rain maybe snow later. EC snow throughout. We unfortunately have to be patient with this one.
No offence . Please don't quote the frog
4 day rule.
He only updates Monday to Friday. Check it now, no rain. Weatherzone (GFS?) gives an almost identical forecast and has backed off on the numbers.
BOM still showing some tears on Tuesday for PV. But only enough to put some slick down. And maybe gone in today's arvo update?
Bit of moisture around... Still a long way out.
Stay on topic.
Polite and friendly?
Moisture is there IMO, what about the temps?
A bit of prefrontal for the first hour or so based on GFS.
EC's a ridger though.
IMO EC has gone right off this one.
Access seems to like it...
Access-G just looks weird with that 'mother-of-all-ECLs' in the Tasman Sea....
Looks interesting IMO... Too far out still.
Looking forward to watching this forecast play out over the next few days...
How's EC looking CC?
Urgh. Southerly. That Axs chart can take a hike.
Not much snow, and what there is will be blasted to shizen by the wind. Coral reef for days.
EC shows a fair amount of moisture and cold. Looks like 10-30cm IMO.
Yep, weird is the right word for it
No chart on the same page again this Arvo.
Wait and see. ..
IMO this looks dead to me.
Well that unescalated quickly.
If there are still piles of snow about at the end of August then I will ski again if my gammy leg has healed by then!!Keep the predictions coming .I could even do a KNP trip early next month !
There's a pulse.
Hopefully some rain as well from a onshore flow
I've been following this date range for the last week or though due to Splitfest the following weekend. Posted similar in BC thread but it has been looking zonal and marginal the whole time. Good outcome would be a 10cm top up and cold temps above 1500. Most models are showing a nice little follow up swipe to this weekends front.
A dusting at best now. IMO
Yeah the immediate follow up progression disappeared (you were right) but a bit of a dusting for Friday by the looks. Should be an interesting snowpack by the 24th
Hoping this comes off, but I'm predicting about a 5cm dusting... The weekend that follows is currently looking pretty ugly IMO.
A bit of a warm spell next weekend, but August 28 could be epic and repair any damage.
Next weekend looks like a horrible rain event at this point - yuck