1. SPECIAL NOTE TO NEW REGISTRATIONS

If you recently registered and have not received a confirmation email - please check your 'Spam or Junk' folders. Especially if your email is Hotmail. More help with confirmation issues

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

22 Designs Lynx NTN Binding

Discussion in 'Backcountry' started by skifree, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Boodwah

Boodwah One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

they are much easier to mount than meidjo
    paper jig, 6 geometric holes

Goski likes this.
  2. buckwheat

buckwheat One of Us

Weird - at 56mm for those Lynx, I presume they would behave the same as my Lynx - ie would not be that effective in locking the boot in properly? Unless my TX Pro's have a non-standard width, but that seems unlikely. Skifree I presume that width was based on one single click in?

I have also heard back from 22 designs - their comment was "We have seen that problem before. It usually is caused by too much friction in the pivot where the front lever attaches to the base. Unfortunately it is really hard to get that pin out".

Not sure on why there is too much friction!?! I may WD40 the carp out of it and see how that goes.

3. skifree

skifree grey Moderator Ski Pass: Gold

I'm only aware of one click to engage. The tour lock is not meant to adjust the pin dimensions but simply put in place a mechanical stop to the overcentre cam movement (which is the release mechanism) when put under pressure that is more than the springs can restrain.

If the boot inside cone to inside cone is 58 it should not be an issue, it means there is 2mm compression of each set of springs which is holding you in. My own Meidjo's measured out at ~56 and they work OK.

Telemark Pyrenees have said it is "impossible to adjust" anything in the front pins on the Meidjo, the design of the tech pin set ups are all pretty much the same, so I'd be surprised if any can be adjusted. So the only current solution (I'd love to be corrected) to a problem is a replacement of the whole tech toe part.

Can you remind me what your issue / problem is?

piolet likes this.
  4. buckwheat

buckwheat One of Us

On clicking in, the pins do not hold my boot in. Much lateral slop. And then locking the lever actually brings the pins in more, which as you said, is not what is supposed to happen.

Its a minor whinge, i still love the lynx, just wanted to see if i could fix the issue

5. skifree

skifree grey Moderator Ski Pass: Gold

Based on your current advice it's replacement jobbie, better act while you have some warrantee.

Sounds like the cams are too short by a bees dick, but this is only a guess.

6. buckwheat

buckwheat One of Us

Yeah ive asked about a replacement, will see what they say.

skifree likes this.
  7. Telemark Phat

Telemark Phat Pass the butter Ski Pass: Gold

I've seen the same thing happen on some one else's binding.

8. buckwheat

buckwheat One of Us

Ah good, unlikely to be operator error then!