23.10.21. Sugarloaf reservoir walk.18 kms Loop. Post Lockdown hike.

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Not your average unconventional eccentric.
Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
Melbourne, Lockdown-i-stan .
soundcloud.com

After being stuck in Loch Doon for what felt like June to Mid October 2021 :-0, I was ready to walk all day somewhere green and pleasant ,somewhere other than around my suburban block.
Three other VNPA hikers and I met at the Ridge Picnic area Car Park at 0930 and off we went in a clockwise direction. We had some showers of rain but what with no flies and no heat the walk was not taxing at all. The track was slippery in places and the reservoir was at 90 % capacity. The Sailing club was springing back into life too.
I can recommend this day walk in the leafy N.E. fringe of the Melb. metro area to anyone who is moderately fit and wants to do a pleasant day hike to regain their walking fitness.
_SAM0228.JPG
_SAM0229.JPG
_SAM0230.JPG
_SAM0231.JPG
_SAM0233.JPG
_SAM0234.JPG
_SAM0235.JPG
_SAM0236.JPG
_SAM0237.JPG
_SAM0238.JPG
_SAM0239.JPG
_SAM0240.JPG

We had lunch under the trees at the highest point of the track , not far from where there is a pit loo . We stopped to put raincoats on/ take raincoats off. We passed a number of other day walkers hiking in both directions as well as some trail runners.The track is well marked with orange arrows and /or posts.

The walk across the dam wall on the paved surface is not the best part but overall it was most enjoyable to finally get out for the day.

Last edited:
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass