Observations 23-28 July NW Deliverance

Winterwolf

One of Us
Jun 2, 2019
Wind picking up at Perisher. Light snow falling, visibility is ok lower down. Sadly heading home today.

20210724_081839.jpg

Chowder11

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Oct 21, 2003
Elwood
Buller looks to have had a few cm.
Someone on the hill might be able to confirm, im guessing it is pretty windy up there

rocketboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 9, 2010
Gerroa
Sitting at Batcave 2 just near BOM PV. Temps at -1. Constant wet/dry snow. Upper Ts are now open so hopefully some drier snow with a bit of altitude. All very strange like yesterday was.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

CarveMan

I Never Slice
Ski Pass
May 12, 2000
Les Hautes Montagnes
aussieskier.com
2cm overnight but more since.

Interestingly I spoke with my friend at Hotham who said it was drizzle/mizzle yesterday, yet here at Buller we had VERY DRY snow and it stayed dry throughout the day.
Interestingly though it got a bit manky down low in the arvo from the humidity. But this shows how instantly spoiled we’ve become when I’m complaining about wet new snow on Rough Cut that was hardly tracked at about 3:30pm. Up higher Yurredla and the first third of Rough Cut were sublime.

Reactions: Dave Clark

BlueHue

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 17, 2003
South of Cooma
Working in the garden half up a hill outisde of Jindabyne and the way of whistling of the wind in my ears blowing g the snow clouds over the range says its a coming and it's a savage. Sometimes you don't need a model/forecast to know what comes next.

snowgum

A Local
Ski Pass
May 4, 1999
vic
I note it’s breezy but still fairly benign in SE Melbourne. And there still a fair bit of sun around.

But the barometer is falling steadily and the radar in Far west VIC looks a bit ominous (great for right places!)

So it’s now or never for the bike - my 1 hr I think! More weather reporting later! :thumbs: :cool:

Mishka

Hard Yards
Jul 10, 2015
Was actually pleasant and sunny here in Melbourne till about an hour ago - Had a cuppa outside to enjoy the last sun for a week.

Relaxing watch the cams - Was admiring it starting puke down on Friday Flat live cam, only to get a shock seeing a young kid fall in front of that yellow ski train and get whacked in the head by its sled as it swerved to avoid him - passers by where quick to help and ski patrol collected him after 10 mins - was moving arm so assume he’s ok.

Anyway, looking forward to tonight - Will be very interesting to watch the accumulation on the cams with night vision or lighting tonight.

Anyone taking bets on what disappears completely first - Olaf on Cedarwood Balcony Falls or the car on the Avenue at Buller?

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass