Predictions 23-28th July Nor-Wester Deliverance

POW Hungry

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 28, 2000
Eastern Burbs of Sydney
Screenshot_20210724-172431_Chrome.jpg
On that side of the border they are IMO.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

MattyHoll

One of Us
Aug 17, 2016
Will be in a rain shadow most of the drive.
Worst bits will be Mt Gladstone, Airport, Varneys, EQ centre.
I'm thinking I wont bother, because I predict snow from Adaminaby to Berridale. That would be the worst bit for me.

snowgum

A Local
Ski Pass
May 4, 1999
vic
Days like tomorrow with deep snow, heavy snow, icy roads, little viz: Parks should probably close the road to visitors (staff only) and provide big discounts on the ski tube?

someone will tell me they don’t have capacity - so Vail should by some more rolling stock to allow for blizzard days? ;) :thumbs:

NZ resorts would manage it. :cool:

FourSquare04

A Local
Sep 11, 2001
Wollongong
forecasting temps of 24 here in Wollongong on Wednesday, that doesn't bode well for snow but perhaps the colder air will creep in / stay south of us......also the weekend coming doesn't look good either with warmer temps again set to sneak in, but that's for another thread....

Vandans

Addicted
Aug 15, 2012
ACT
is everyone asleep check BOM for Wednesday

Attachments

• Perisher Valley Forecast.pdf
    213 KB · Views: 71

BlueHue

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 17, 2003
South of Cooma
For NSW Main Range resorts another 15cm or so on top of the 10cm currently showing on Perisher's snow stake cam (live cams seem to indicate snow line today probably around 1700m - be interesting to see reports from the mtn and how they match up) and the couple of cm of slush first thing this morning on snow stake cam makes for a 25-30cm system, all be it wet up until a bit later this afternoon. Not bad for higher areas that are getting some accumulation in today's marginal temps.

rocketboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 9, 2010
Gerroa
Unhappy about enough snowfall to cover a soggy 1.9m base… wow.
Spoilt.

Don’t forget the resorts are empty and most of the skiing population of Australia is cooped up with no where to go.

It's now sadly 2 metres of spac filler. Will very much need tonight's reset to make it shine again.

It's not often a super cold snowfall events turns into aussie slop the very next day and then gets another slop over 2 days later again.

If it had been a more typical wet snow event - then it would be expected to either turn to rain or cement the next day.

This season is turning into a hybrid of 2016 and 2012. But without the flood events to really spoil the party.

POW Hungry

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 28, 2000
Eastern Burbs of Sydney
It's now sadly 2 metres of spac filler. Will very much need tonight's reset to make it shine again.

It's not often a super cold snowfall events turns into aussie slop the very next day and then gets another slop over 2 days later again.

If it had been a more typical wet snow event - then it would be expected to either turn to rain or cement the next day.

This season is turning into a hybrid of 2016 and 2012. But without the flood events to really spoil the party.
Again, those in Snowy Monaro need not forget the luxury of visiting a snow-laden resort in the current climate.
Positive temps or not this has been marginal since the weekend. Tonight is a reset at that.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass