Trip Report 25th July - Bogong Powder Stashes

Team Weasel

One of Us
Sep 19, 2015
Sorry, title was just for the benefit of all those folks in lockdown.
Long story short, things aren't all the great up there right now.

This is the reality:
DSCF0238.JPG

Conditions feel more like late October than early winter. We just haven't had the consistent snowfall to make most of the mountain viable. Below is a shot down Eskdale spur - usually by now this would be skiable.
DSCF0239.JPG

Cairn Gully looks ok in this shot, but it gets real patchy not far down...maybe 6 or so turns and then you're rock hopping.
DSCF0240.JPG

This is what it looks like from below:
DSCF0244.JPG

Audax was the best on offer, but again, things are patchy, the chutes are narrow and the snow is relatively thin.
DSCF0243.JPG

DSCF0241.JPG

So yeah, not missing much...and then the cloud and rain came Sunday, so headed home early.
DSCF0245.JPG

The forbidden fruit on the horizon looks good...

DSCF0242.JPG

Fat_Paddy

Hard Yards
Aug 12, 2010
Think yourselves luck if you can get up there at all. I'm stuck in Wodonga with a border crossing permit so I can attend my work in NSW. As a condition of that permit I cannot leave the blue zone so that counts Mt Bogong out for me. All that food and grog stashed away up there...…..a crying shame.

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Not your average unconventional eccentric.
Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
Melbourne, Lockdown-i-stan .
soundcloud.com
Think yourselves luck if you can get up there at all. I'm stuck in Wodonga with a border crossing permit so I can attend my work in NSW. As a condition of that permit I cannot leave the blue zone so that counts Mt Bogong out for me. All that food and grog stashed away up there...…..a crying shame.
I have two BC supply stashes left out of reach at 2 BC ski locations. There is no snow anyway !!

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass