Observations 3-9 September

Lady Penelope

One of some lot ...
Ski Pass
Sep 7, 2014
Canberra
IMG_0345.JPG
Drove up to Perisher from Canberra this morning. Snow settling on road after Berridale,
passed the first inevitable car off the road about 20km before Jindabyne. Parked at Bullocks Flat (Skitube terminal) where it was a comfortable -1.

Now for some hard core empirical, scientific obs. It is snowing. A lot. There is much dry powder everywhere including on the groomers.
I observe some struggling with the powder. And the creek at Perisher has all but disappeared. Welcome to spring!

IMG_0331.JPG

Skichic2

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 22, 2017
IMG_0345.JPG
Drove up to Perisher from Canberra this morning. Snow settling on road after Berridale,
passed the first inevitable car off the road about 20km before Jindabyne. Parked at Bullocks Flat (Skitube terminal) where it was a comfortable -1.

Now for some hard core empirical, scientific obs. It is snowing. A lot. There is much dry powder everywhere including on the groomers.
I observe some struggling with the powder. And the creek at Perisher has all but disappeared. Welcome to spring!

IMG_0331.JPG
Glad you made it safely!

mick chopps

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Jun 22, 2006
The barber's chair
Has snowed all day at Buller, howling wind. The westerly direction is not being tooo kind in terms of scouring, a bit more north in it would be nice. There are areas that were sublime where it has blown in but others have had zero accumulation due to the cold snow not sticking and wind.
I'm imagining the Nthn Side would've been reasonably well stripped?

Reactions: FourSquare04

Taipan

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2001
NSW Mid North Coast
"POW_hungry, post: 3377641, member: 1803"]A little out of date but still pretty:

That is probably one of the most incredible looking systems ive ever seen. Ive been skiing just short of 40 years.

If you are new to skiing imbed that imagine in your brain of what a near perfect system would look like.

teebee

One of Us
Aug 19, 2009
Sydney, NSW
Windy and low visibility here at perisher but wow some of the best snow I've had after coming here for near on 40 years
Great fun ripping in to the drifts and little bowls ...best were around centre valley, snakes and of course around interceptor
Having a coffee at brunellis before headingvouy again ...yee hah

Ubiquitous Steve

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 29, 2008
The NSW guys are happy they have a nice snow cave...no need for Huts when you can park a truck in the snow cave close to the Hotham Summit!

Maybe the snow clearers have knocked off and are hitting some side country for the arvo using the tunnel as a base camp!:whistle:

Reactions: The Plowking
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass