Observations 3-9 September

7wombathead

One of Us
Aug 4, 2010
South
@SAsurfa mate what were you thinking not going down!!! It's the storm of the decade!!

Ben could cover the forecasts for ya - just drive down today ;)
Yep. Yesterday there was pow freshness all the way to the Thredbo River. The BC tree runs were off there head.

There was Sheddable Pow in the Mountain Ash Forest. They felt like wind swept giant western red cedars. Not that I have been to north america.

Today would be even better with more snow to fill in all the fallen trees.

telecrag

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 12, 2007
Happens every year on the blowey scale. 6 inches equalling 5 cm.

Haha, talking to a client one day, I ask, how much space around it? She says, about six inches, holding her hands apart. I say, thats not six inches, thats about four. My business partner says, shut up, she has been told thats six inches her whole life.

Snow clouds still on the hills around Canberra, but feels warmer than yesterday.

alexd

One of Us
May 22, 2017
Sydney
So, the snow quality at the Bo was better yesterday, a bit lighter and less wind packed. Very windy up top. But its still amazing today:
bushranger bowl 1.jpg

Seafm

Too far from the snow
Ski Pass
Jun 5, 2014
Cairns, Queensland
God the guy on sunrise is a noodle
and I quote
"there has been no snow recorded in the Victorian ski resorts and tourisim areas. Though its been cold enough to turn on the snowmachines"
God the guy on sunrise is a noodle
and I quote
"there has been no snow recorded in the Victorian ski resorts and tourisim areas. Though its been cold enough to turn on the snowmachines"
ROFL

ecowain

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 14, 2003
Mount Victoria, NSW
Bushfire at sunset rock, Mt Victoria NSW burning overnight with threat to houses as well. Now under control. Definitely not a controlled burn.

Under 6 degrees, apparent temp well sub zero, winds peaked this morning with gusts at 100.

Trail Blazer

Part of the Furniture
Jun 8, 2000
Jimi on Weatherzone. Pymble, Sydney
Bush fire out of control Bells Line of Rd, Blue Mountains.
Winds been gusting 50-70 kph.
Not surprised that there is something. It's tinder dry in Sydney and probably most places east of the GDR, not that cool (20ish and warming up) and we had strong winds overnight (85km/h at the airport, 106km/h at Bellambi)

Meanwhile down south, the radar is starting to juice up a bit again. Hopeful for 15cm this arvo

loweee

One of Us
Apr 21, 2002
Jindabyne
Just back from Thredbo, it was windy... but blowing parts back in under the Snow Gums chair that were kept fresh. The sneaky drop below the cat track was very deep and first runs were fresh to the village.

Still lightly snowing when I left down to about the ranger station. With lifts closed, tomorrow should be good as well.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass