Wanted 3 pin boots - size 44 / 45

Snowplowqueen

Hard Yards
Jun 26, 2014
Wanted!

Pair of 75mm leather size 44 or 45 3 pin boots (or both!)

Melbourne or Hotham/somewhere in between

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Snowplowqueen

Hard Yards
Jun 26, 2014
I'm selling a nice pair of leather 3-pin boots:

Alpina Alaska 75mm Tele/XC boots Size EU45/29.0 mondo *VGC* $250 NEG
https://www.ski.com.au/xf/threads/a...boots-size-eu45-29-0-mondo-vgc-250-neg.91234/

Located in Canberra but happy to post.
Thanks :) Ill check sizing .. i got a very vague sizing off his work boots, need to check what his ski boots are to get something more accurate! ( For ~$100ish willing to try luck, but more than that want to be a bit more accurate!

Reactions: stridercdh
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Xplora

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 7, 2015
Leather three pin boots become cold and wet and do not have much support for turns.I like my Garmont Excursion boots.
Not long ago you were banging on about your Fischer leather boots being so good and you have worn your Excursions how many times? Maybe once and it would only have been in the last week. Alpina Alaskas are nice and warm. Also waterproof. A nice boot to tour around with.

Reactions: stridercdh

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Not your average unconventional eccentric.
Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
Melbourne, Lockdown-i-stan .
soundcloud.com
Not long ago you were banging on about your Fischer leather boots being so good and you have worn your Excursions how many times? Maybe once and it would only have been in the last week. Alpina Alaskas are nice and warm. Also waterproof. A nice boot to tour around with.
I have skied about 50 kms in the Excursion boots so far. The Fischer BCX 6 NNN BC boots are good boots but the Excursion boots offer more control for turns with a 3 pin binding and they drive the Annum ski better than the FischerBCX6 boots drive the Epoch ski with a NNN BC binding.
So there!.

Xplora

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 7, 2015
The Fischer BCX 6 NNN BC boots are good boots but the Excursion boots offer more control for turns with a 3 pin binding and they drive the Annum ski better than the FischerBCX6 boots drive the Epoch ski with a NNN BC binding.
So there!.
You are not wrong but the OP is not after plastic boots and I sincerely doubt she would consider using leather boots on a ski as wide as Annums for an XC beginner let alone Annums for XC. Wrong ski. So thanks for your very helpful advice.

Moondog55

One of Us
Mar 3, 2014
Years ago I gave away a pair of Scarpa NorTour [ the Andrew Claut] as they were so soft after 20 years they gave me no control at all. I think if anybody was selling such a boot now they'd not be worth buying really. Do they have to be 75mm?

Snowplowqueen

Hard Yards
Jun 26, 2014
Years ago I gave away a pair of Scarpa NorTour [ the Andrew Claut] as they were so soft after 20 years they gave me no control at all. I think if anybody was selling such a boot now they'd not be worth buying really. Do they have to be 75mm?
Ideally yep, opens up options to try a few different pairs of my skis, and all our club gear is 75mm, until figure out if like it/what want to buy

The Bluff

One of Us
Jun 24, 2004
melbourne
are you still looking....having some 3 pin leathers to give away... in good condition..not sure size...they fit me (I'm usually a 10.5) but have problems with soreness on the inner foot with both feet despite attempts to fix.

tempImageqhIvMA.gif

Snowplowqueen

Hard Yards
Jun 26, 2014
are you still looking....having some 3 pin leathers to give away... in good condition..not sure size...they fit me (I'm usually a 10.5) but have problems with soreness on the inner foot with both feet despite attempts to fix.
Yep! If don't fit my partner, the club (La Trobe Uni Mountaineering) is always on lookout (we have had a few sets in larger sizes need to be retired recently - so are a bit short!). PM me if you would like to donate to new home (we may be able to pick up in Vic or pay postage)

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using