Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Alpine & Snow' started by POW_hungry, May 21, 2020.
Now that's a fine tuned forecast with the even a prediction time stamp.
Sounds like a nice time for the embeded UL vort bands to rock the casbah:
T storm for Vicco?
With that band? It’s got a good chance IMO.
But more likely to induce heavy falls/hail, sleet to low levels IMO.
Ms.Bunn's automated modelling has come down 5 cms from 20 +cms to about 14-15 cms for 1650 M. at Hotham. Still XC skiable but like not 20+cms is.
What about mt dandy pow? Sits at 630m asl
Trentham sits at exactly 700m asl.
Daylesford sits at 616m asl.
They look to be around the bullseye of the coldest part of system atm imo
More chance for them, than Mt Dandenong, but we will see.
Forecast Air Temperature
Model: BoM ADFD
Resolution: 3km VIC/TAS, 6km NSW/QLD/WA/SA/NT
I predict those ascending feathertop tomorrow are going to have a full-on day!
AS the low moves further east next 2 days ec thinking it's going too whip-up the tasman somewhat.
Wind direction arrows is my favourite display on plots.
looks like it will be the current 700mb vort gets off the coast and gets going i think.
Currently staying in Jindy. Radar looks ok for this evening, but the main blob may shoot too far north for the NSW resorts (I predict Crookwell/CTs will do surprisingly well out of this later tonight). Left Thredbo village at 1pm when it was snowing nicely but was thinking about heading to perisher later this evening for a look if it seems worth it. Anyone have a prediction of what time the next band will hit (if at all)?
I really enjoy the 6 foot cliffs of sand at my local beach.
Preparing for 12 foot versions now.
Just keep an eye on Sat pics and the radar.
You're in real time obs now, which are easy to keep a tab on.
Some explosive convection as the 700mb cold pool/front moves offshore (Port Stephens, Sydney Coast etc.), going off the radar just now.
Looks alright on sat-pic.