POW Hungry

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 28, 2000
Eastern Burbs of Sydney
Those temps are real borderline.
Just watching from far away.
Screenshot_20220805-211537_Samsung Internet.jpg
All good for Peri to 1700m with those winds.
Thredbo be dire below 1800m IMO, though.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

robbo mcs

A Local
Ski Pass
Sep 1, 2008
Kenthurst / Jindabyne
Those temps are real borderline.
Just watching from far away. Wish I could be there.
Even with the #@!n.
Screenshot_20220805-211537_Samsung Internet.jpg

It has been much colder up top all night though, around -1 to -2C range. I suspect there will be a pretty decent amount up high, even more than showing on snowstake, at elevations of 1900m etc. We shall have to wait for the on the ground reports ;)

Roymond

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 1, 2018
It has been much colder up top all night though, around -1 to -2C range. I suspect there will be a pretty decent amount up high, even more than showing on snowstake, at elevations of 1900m etc. We shall have to wait for the on the ground reports ;)
@robbo mcs probably a silly question but …
In times of no snow down low, do they move the stuff from up high down the hill? Or do they just top up heavy with the guns. To my uneducated eye, the top seems pretty good but down near the valley is pretty sketchy.

Young Angus

One of Us
Ski Pass
Oct 14, 2018
The Bellarine
I’m in Bright and observed lines and lines of people hiring ski gear for the weekend…thankfully not going up until Sunday lunch haha

Wow though apparently Hotham has had 28cm overnight…that’s gotta go some way to making things nicer…POW!!!

It got pretty cold and was raining hard down here last night so was hoping that’s what was happening up top.

SMSkier

One of Us
Ski Pass
Oct 4, 2016
Kosi Rd obs.

Precipitation around Sawpit Creek tending to snow at Wilsons Valley - so 1440 ASL.

By Rennix Gap, Sponars and Dainers….some of the heaviest fall rates you’d ever see. Had however ceased around Smiggs.

9AA6A3AE-A698-4BB2-8523-08F7DDF1F611.jpeg

At PV carpark where the snowfall has subsided. Too early and dark to get on mountain snow depth obs. It is quite breezy with low visibility at elevations above front valley.

Someone has a bit of digging.

image.jpg

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Deanski

One of Us
Jun 26, 2017
Cronulla
Can any of you weather enthusiasts see any more moisture incoming for the Perisher region in the next 24 to 48 hours?? OR is it looking like we have had our share for this system??

Reactions: RustyJ

Star_Hawk

Obsessed with Stats
Ski Pass
Jun 23, 2022
Eastern Suburbs, Sydney
Can any of you weather enthusiasts see any more moisture incoming for the Perisher region in the next 24 to 48 hours?? OR is it looking like we have had our share for this system??
IMO we'll still get a couple more cm's out of this one but i don't think it'll be anything noteworthy.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

iagreewithhim

Blessed are the bignoses
Ski Pass
Sep 3, 2001
A very long way from everybody
In times of no snow down low, do they move the stuff from up high down the hill? Or do they just top up heavy with the guns. To my uneducated eye, the top seems pretty good but down near the valley is pretty sketchy.
I suspect if it's not cold enough to snow down low, it's not cold enough to make snow.

Reactions: Roymond

Star_Hawk

Obsessed with Stats
Ski Pass
Jun 23, 2022
Eastern Suburbs, Sydney
I know this is off topic, but yeah they farm snow from higher elevations.

Getting back on topic, peri snowstake showing some actual accumulation, small though it may be.

D3FB8C9D-0C41-4E21-8271-26458C481B4B.jpeg

Reactions: GlendaN

Young Angus

One of Us
Ski Pass
Oct 14, 2018
The Bellarine
In dinner plain tonight for the whole week and I observe it didn’t really feel an that cold, Scott around, but felt like a spring afternoon and loud off melting snow falling off roofs and trees. (Not to mention the observation that I’ve never seen Hotham so busy driving through it and Dinner Plain pretty chockers too)

• Wow
Reactions: GlendaN
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using