1. SPECIAL NOTE TO NEW REGISTRATIONS

If you recently registered and have not received a confirmation email - please check your 'Spam or Junk' folders. Especially if your email is Hotmail. More help with confirmation issues

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

4 day any day pass sale - Falls & Hotham

Discussion in 'Falls Creek' started by Ziggy, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Scott No Mates Ver 1.1

Scott No Mates Ver 1.1 Addicted

It's a job creation scam, why have one outfit when two will suffice?

Alpine Shire Council vs: FCRM is just another example. Roads, Rubbish & Rates - the three R's (or is it the 3 aaarghs?)

Hully likes this.
  2. snowgum

snowgum One of Us

Maybe with less admin the alpine bed tax could be reduced. Accom & entry are killers for new/ budget skiers.

Perhaps less $ required gor marketing if duplucation was minimised??

Hully likes this.
  3. snowgum

snowgum One of Us

Apologies for the poor ‘speeeling’ efforts on the train (with glasses left in bag!) (;-/)

4. rowdyflat

rowdyflat One of Us

Agree parking fee in Victoria would have to be the world's most expensive .
    most countries they dont charge.

5. nezumi

nezumi One of Us

Two weeks out from the season start and they have *finally* removed the coffee club page from the website (I had been checking it for updates, just in case).

I'm very glad that I didn't rely on it being available, as it would have cost our family of 3 much more to go to Falls this year than Perisher, where we ended up heading. The difference ended up being $613 extra over 5 days, with me forgoing 5 days of lessons at Falls. I realise that this is a moot point for Vail - they get their money either way - but for the RMB and others it doesn't help.

As it stands, I'm lucky that I investigated Perisher, as I now have a very happy 3.5 year old who will get to snowboard, rather than being forced to ski.

skiflat likes this.
  6. burchie

burchie First Runs

Yep, I asked about it last week and mentioned the page still being up, it was gone within a couple of hours.

I can understand why it didn’t last after the change of ownership but it was a good option for some. I wonder how many people actually used it each day.

nezumi likes this.
  7. Marty_McSly

Marty_McSly Backwards to the future! Ski Pass: Gold

Just a different cost recovery model to other operations. What does resort entry pay for, sewerage treatment, snow clearing and ski patrol? I'd guess that at Perisher, for example, some of these are covered by the NPWS charges levied on the in-resort accommodation providers. I'm not sweating it. Being gouged is part and parcel of snowsports.

8. skiflat

skiflat Old n' Crusty

When we were there early September last year it was 3 to 4 people per day

nezumi likes this.
  9. nezumi

nezumi One of Us

Single day passes have now appeared on the Falls site. The peak cost (weekends in August / July and the July school holidays), these are listed at $142, with a 5% discount for online / advance purchase. This puts the walk-up price at $150 for a single day ticket.

10. willsnow

willsnow Addicted

I skied Hotham mid-August last year for 3 days (Fri, Sat, Sun) - ticket costed me $300. This year, for the same date, I'm expecting to pay $336 (both Falls and Hotham). All prices are advanced online purchase. That's pretty steep increase I must say.