5 day Mountain pass and Skitube

Asterix

Hard Yards
May 19, 2009
Brisbane
On the Perisher site, they have prices for 5 day Mountain Pass with Skitube. Is that for return ski tube each day? It's just that it's an extra $108 to include the Skitube, but only $70 to buy the open 14 day return Skitube ticket separately.

So I guess what I want to know is, if I am staying on mountain for 5 days, what should I purchase?

And with lessons, we skied 1 day last year and had the beginners lesson and by the end of the day we could go down J bar on the side on Smiggin fairly easily. Would we benefit from lessons every day for the 5 days or only the first 2 or 3 days?

Thanks.

SnowAndrew

One of Us
Jun 18, 2008
Sydney
Its return skitube each day - so you would buy a 5 day pass and an open return. I would go lessons each day - it helps you build stuff up across the week and really improve

Dylan

Hard Yards
Apr 16, 2008
Brisbane
I haven't actually tried this, but consider the option of buying 2 "Discount Same Day Return with valid Mountain Pass" tickets, on the day you arrive and day you leave. This is assuming you arrive after noon on the day before your 5 day lift pass starts (and you get the pass before buying skitube tickets, as the pass is valid for that afternoon as well) and that you leave the same day the lift pass runs out. This brings your skitube cost to (2 x $27) $54, instead of $70.

If that doesn't suit you, then yeah, the 14 day open return will do.

JAYBONE09

Hard Yards
May 16, 2009
Canberra
you only need to buy ski tube ticket, or mountain pass including ski tube, if you are going to be travelling to and from bullocks flat. Ski tube is free with any mountain pass between perisher and blue cow. If you are actually staying in Perisher i wouldnt worry unless you plan on leaving your car at bullocks flat for whatever reason. Yes definately get lessons, you can never get enough lessons in my opinion.

wangster

A Local
Oct 24, 2008
If you're staying at Perisher chances are you HAVE to leave your car at Bollocks. At Perisher only The Man has carparking, and even that costs. If you're staying anywhere else you can't park at Perisher.

I have no idea of the pricing structure this year but in years past the cheapest option for someone staying 5 days on mountain would be to buy an Open Return and a 5 day lift only ticket.

To save a little cash if you have a family you could drive up to Perisher, drop them off at the 'tube (Hans Oversnow) then drive around to Bollocks and only get the open return for yourself. A bit time consuming but one open return is a fair bit cheaper than a family open return.

shadow1

Hard Yards
Apr 23, 2008
You don't need Hans oversnow you can always walk to your lodge and save more money.

wangster

A Local
Oct 24, 2008
True, Hans can be expensive. But it's very convenient - I'd rather go with Hans than trudge through the snow carrying my luggage out to South or North Perisher

Asterix

Hard Yards
May 19, 2009
Brisbane
Thanks for the replies. We are staying at Smiggin, after hiring a car from Canberra and leaving it at Bullock's Flat.
I'll have to remember the discount same day return idea, only two of us going but that saves $32 together.

Can I buy the Mountain Pass at Bullock's Flat and then buy the return ticket straight after? What's the best way to do it?

And I think we'll get the lesson package every day.

Dylan

Hard Yards
Apr 16, 2008
Brisbane
I'm sure others can confirm, but I think lift passes would be available at Bullock's Flat. If not, there's a Perisher outlet in Jindabyne.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

wangster

A Local
Oct 24, 2008
Y'know that big round thing in the middle of the Bollocks Skitube station? That's the ticket office

Asterix

Hard Yards
May 19, 2009
Brisbane
So I can buy my 5 day mountain pass there, and then buy my discounted same day return ticket. But how can I buy the same day return for the way back from the top?
Maybe I'll just have to get the 14 day open return?

Asterix

Hard Yards
May 19, 2009
Brisbane
But can you buy a discounted return ticket from there? Maybe the discounted return is only Bullocks to Perisher to Bullocks. I see a discounted return and a one way back is basically the same as the open return. I doubt that's a coincidence
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

wangster

A Local
Oct 24, 2008
Yeah, they may not sell it on the mountain. No idea, it's been a while since I had to think about this kind of thing

Dylan

Hard Yards
Apr 16, 2008
Brisbane
Haha. My idea is being discussed a bit. As I said, I wasn't sure if it would actually work, and now see that getting one of the tickets from the Perisher skitube building could be a problem. That's one thing I didn't think of.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass