Fiddy sent by midnight?
LOLLOLLOLLOL

NightSky

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 6, 2015
Omega Centauri
I'd say a lot is getting blown off
Ah that makes sense. I couldn't figure out why the pile had stopped growing.
It gets compacted under its own weight once it gets to about 35cm on the table. The growth from 0 to 35 is a lot faster than 35-40 and slows even further beyond 40.

Yesterday we got 20 on the table with 12mm in the PV rain gauge, we hit 35 on the table with 30mm in the gauge, 40 on the table was 40mm in the gauge. Now we are at 60mm in the gauge and 50cm on the table.

From what I recall, that table is about 1m X 1m, so nearly half a cubic metre of snow on it. Somewhere North of 100kg.

stridercdh

One of Us
May 15, 2011
Canberra
It gets compacted under its own weight once it gets to about 35cm on the table. The growth from 0 to 35 is a lot faster than 35-40 and slows even further beyond 40.

Yesterday we got 20 on the table with 12mm in the PV rain gauge, we hit 35 on the table with 30mm in the gauge, 40 on the table was 40mm in the gauge. Now we are at 60mm in the gauge and 50cm on the table.
Thanks for the clarification. :thumbs:

Reactions: SMSkier

Kelpieboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 27, 2015
Tooma , NSW
High Perch recieved a few flurries overnight but turned back to rain pretty qiuckly.
Currently -1.2c ,pretty much zero wind ,46mm in the jar. Cloudy overhead but some clear patches to the southwest.

Reactions: whether and SMSkier

Karicta

A Local
Ski Pass
Aug 9, 2011
But it only got to 2 degrees at 1am and at that temp there would still be some wet snow falling. It started to drop after that and is still falling. We find the change to be around 3 degrees but have had it snow at 7 degrees.
Temp station at falls must be about 200m higher than the cedar wood table. I’d say we rarely see snow accumulating on that table when the Bom temp reads over 1 deg (indeed 0). Last night showed clear signs of rain damage (the rails are the give away) with temps (per bom, so higher at the table) of just over 0deg.

almontyrat

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 16, 2005
Wesley Vale, Tasmania
Looks like Buller and Bawbs copped the worst of the warmer temps and liquid snow. Falls is looking surprisingly good this morning, I was expecting much more damage due to warm temps etc.

Baw baw has at least retained some of the slushy mounds so they will have something to spread around for the weekend. That is of course if it does not all freeze into giant blocks of ice.

Xplora

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 7, 2015
Temp station at falls must be about 200m higher than the cedar wood table. I’d say we rarely see snow accumulating on that table when the Bom temp reads over 1 deg (indeed 0). Last night showed clear signs of rain damage (the rails are the give away) with temps (per bom, so higher at the table) of just over 0deg.
The rain damage was obvious but also there was no significant loss on the table through the night. The point I am making is it is not all bad. There would have been a mix of rain and snow in places and it is recovering.

Reactions: Karicta

Young Angus

One of Us
Oct 14, 2018
The Bellarine
Looks like Buller and Bawbs copped the worst of the warmer temps and liquid snow. Falls is looking surprisingly good this morning, I was expecting much more damage due to warm temps etc.

Baw baw has at least retained some of the slushy mounds so they will have something to spread around for the weekend. That is of course if it does not all freeze into giant blocks of ice.
Buller temps looked awful but Falls/Hotham temps on the Bom looked like they stayed around 0 for a lot of last night...I could have missed what happened in the middle of the night though. Looks decent still up there...very sad for Buller and Baw Baw they were looking lovely :(

• Sad
Reactions: Dave Clark
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass