A-Basin tells Vail to take hike...

POW Hungry

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 28, 2000
Eastern Burbs of Sydney
A-Basin bucking the corporate trend, telling Vail to go jump.
To my knowledge A-Basin has a very local, grassroots following and sounds as though pass partnerships don’t necessarily promote its ideology.
Big news in a world of resort partnerships. The general public seems positive and supportive going off the comments.

Reactions: sbm_ and Fast Eddie

Donza

Dogs body...
Ski Pass
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
I might be wrong ,, but A-Basin was a original Epic pass member.

MarzNC

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 8, 2017
Raleigh, NC, USA
over50skifitness.blogspot.com
I might be wrong ,, but A-Basin was a original Epic pass member.
You are correct that A-Basin was part of the first Epic Pass created in 2008. Found mention of the connection in a press release about 2009-10.

http://investors.vailresorts.com/ne...s-last-years-epic-price-579-next-seasons-epic
" . . .
When the Epic Season Pass was first introduced last spring, in March 2008, for $579 for adults and $279 for children, Vail Resorts made headlines and created a buzz in the industry with this revolutionary product that offered 17,400 acres of terrain, 128 chairlifts and 722 trails at six resorts - Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Heavenly and Arapahoe Basin - from opening day in the fall until closing day in the spring, including every holiday in between with no blackout dates.
. . ."

But the partnership seems to pre-date the Epic pass. From the article in Post #2: "“We want to thank Arapahoe Basin for their partnership for over 20 years,”"

Seth

I am figure skating
Ski Pass
Jun 6, 2000
The Higher Ground
You are correct that A-Basin was part of the first Epic Pass created in 2008. Found mention of the connection in a press release about 2009-10.

http://investors.vailresorts.com/ne...s-last-years-epic-price-579-next-seasons-epic
" . . .
When the Epic Season Pass was first introduced last spring, in March 2008, for $579 for adults and $279 for children, Vail Resorts made headlines and created a buzz in the industry with this revolutionary product that offered 17,400 acres of terrain, 128 chairlifts and 722 trails at six resorts - Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Heavenly and Arapahoe Basin - from opening day in the fall until closing day in the spring, including every holiday in between with no blackout dates.
. . ."

But the partnership seems to pre-date the Epic pass. From the article in Post #2: "“We want to thank Arapahoe Basin for their partnership for over 20 years,”"

Yeah, I had a basin as part of my vail staff pass in 98/99!

Reactions: MarzNC

Donza

Dogs body...
Ski Pass
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
I can't imagine it will hurt Vail one little bit.
While it will make A-basin a more attractive spot for Non epic people

Last edited:

Sbooker

One of Us
Sep 28, 2015
“Some passes drive lots of customers and some not so many”.
I’m betting Mountain Collective.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Learn how membership works on these forums
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass