ah yes,that last pic looks familiar
we got the snow, you got the viz , somewhere here abouts I'd reckon
Picture_013.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeesOnSkis

One of Us
May 27, 2004
Melbourne
I just have to say, anyone considering an overseas ski trip (this was our first) and baulking at the costs because of the flight. Do some research.

Our package in Serre Che cost just over $700 for a week's self-catering accommodation in an apartment within walking distance of the lifts. This included a six-day ski pass, and discounted ski hire. No parking costs. Free buses between villages. Massive ski area.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Toto Warmlet

One of Us
Sep 2, 2003
guessing now, but you had a car, were staying at Serre Che..could be Italian,?Sestriere, Suzy whatever.

DeesOnSkis

One of Us
May 27, 2004
Melbourne
Tignes it is not. Sorry.

Went for a half-day ski at Les Deux Alpes from Serre Che. 40 mins drive over Col du Lautaret (where people were kite-skiing) and past La Grave (which looks awesome from the road). The six-day pass at Serre Che gives you a free day at other resorts around the region.

Les Deux Alpes was high, high up. A gondola, two cable cars, and a funicular railway (under the glacier) to get to the top (the first picture). Cool ice cave at the top.

Major party resort compared to Serre Che - pubs, nightclubs, loadsa poms, yanks and aussies.

DeesOnSkis

One of Us
May 27, 2004
Melbourne
We did manage to get another morning's skiing in after that though :p Although by the end of March the endless sunny days had really taken their toll on the lower slopes everywhere.
ski18.jpg

ski19.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass