1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

A very stupid basic Epic Pass question (dates)

Discussion in 'Perisher' started by Pete Holden, Jun 13, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Pete Holden

Pete Holden Addicted

If I buy an Australian 2020-2021 Epic Australia Pass, it's good for the June to October 2020 Perisher ski season and then December 2020 to March 2021 USA/Japan ski season right?

The June to October 2021 Australia ski season will not be covered, but will fall under the 2021-2022 Epic Australia Pass?

But if an American buys a 2019-2020 Epic Pass, they can use it on USA resorts from December 2019-March 2020 and also Australian resorts from June-October 2020?

Aractus and Belly like this.
  2. Sandy

Sandy Dark Sith Lord of the Pool Room Moderator Ski Pass: Gold

I not sure, but you have to factor in the possibility that you will get limited number of days on the Epic Pass because of COVID restrictions on travel/social distancing in USA/Japan, and opening guidelines on resorts in Australia.

3. Belly

Belly A Local Ski Pass: Gold

I like your stupid question as one day I may have to go to the dark side.

Chris iles likes this.
  4. Jasper Schwarz

Jasper Schwarz One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

So I believe this is the current info: and it may change but this is the best I have got
    2020/2021 Epic Australia Pass is Valid this season in Australia (2020) and valid this coming winter in the US. They have also changed the rules for the Australian Epic pass this year to entise more customers over to the US

If you Buy the American Epic Pass: the one you can get from the vail website, then that is valid this coming winter in the US and the 2021 season in Australia.

Ted Harper likes this.
  5. Jasper Schwarz

Jasper Schwarz One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

Ted Harper and Chaeron like this.
  6. nezumi

nezumi One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

The value proposition depends massively on the particular resorts you intent to visit in the USA. If you are only looking to go to the "best of the US" resorts, then you are better off with the Epic Aus Pass as it comes in at about 60% of the price of the US pass.

In short, yes. The pass for each hemisphere goes on sale in Spring of their ski season, to capture the enthusiasm or FOMO of those who missed out that year. The validity then goes from the commencement of their next season - so the Northern Hemisphere pass goes Northern season then southern season, while the Epic Aus Pass does the opposite - starts at the start of our season and runs for a "year"

7. Ozgirl

Ozgirl Part of the Furniture Ski Pass: Gold

I think @chicski has done a good analysis

8. Aractus

Aractus One of Us

As my late grandma used to say "there's no such thing as a dumb question".

In short, Epic Aust. covers the Australian season and the following N/H season, Epic Pass covers the N/H season and the following Australian season.

nezumi likes this.