A warm welcome to all new Weatherzone forum folk...

piolet

Better make it three
Ski Pass
May 27, 2004
in the cupboard covered in dust
db423eb75af47a69bde7472907aa33c1.png
Perfect avatar material for you :D

Reactions: skifree and Chaeron

MegaMatch

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 3, 2019
where
Can I just say...

Dark theme ftw.

This is actually a huge thing for me and WZ's software was so out of date it barely had any customisation options.

Also (and this has been mentioned before) but for all new members here who aren't quite used to the new format, I'd advise to use the 'Watch thread' feature on any thread you're interested in keeping up to date with. You'll get a little red notification on the top right corner every time somebody makes a new post in the thread. You can also easily view those threads you're watching only by clicking "Watched threads" along the top bar of the forum. Trust me, it's not rocket science and once you're used to the new format you won't ever want to go back.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Raindammit

Early Days
Jul 8, 2019
Townsville NQ & Bilyana FNQ
Welcome!!

Your username won’t be so welcome around here r**n is a dirty word on this forum. Tends to wash the snow away ;) ain’t no one wants to ski in r**n.

Maybe try Snowdammit!

HAHA! Once you see how variable Townsville's rainfall can be, you'll know why I have that name. Having said that, my property 200km further North at Bilyana averages 2700mm a year (Townsville is less than half that).

Greysrigging

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 11, 2019
Darwin
G'day you mob.....another Weatherzone escapee.....Not a huge poster per say, but I have a lifelong interest in the weather and climate. 40 year Darwin resident so yes I have all the 'social issues' that entails.....barramundi, beer, swimming in croc infested waterways, driving through flooded creeks, total disregard for personal safety on Cracker Night ( yes, we still have one ), camping, 4wdriving and oh, did I mention beer ?
Born and bed in Victoria and went to school in Albury, learned to ski at Falls Creek ( not very well ) and knocked around the Vic mountains a bit before leaving for the Tropics.
Work has taken me ( heavy project construction hence the username ) all over Australia and some off shore islands.
Played footy in the snow in Armidale, worked in 49.4c heat in Roebourne, experienced 3 or 4 Cyclones, a few ECL's, watched 1100mm fall in week at home, and slept without a bedroom aircon for 35 of my 40 Darwin years.
Always been a bit of a 'stats' man.... enjoy seeing records broken ( mostly heat ones nowadays... sigh )
Looks like a good site and I do admit to lurking in the past, especially so when I make a winter trip down south visiting my Mum...always liked a bit of a snow chase west of the Blue Mountains...
Cheers, Dougie.

balmz

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2019
Ferntree Gully, Victoria
Just arrived on the latest bus over from WZ. Looks like it's still a great community here. Used to lurk on here a lot about 10 years ago. Looks like the place has grown into quite a nice community with a solid management team running a tight (but fun) ship!

Thanks for being so accomodating to new members and new topic creation that's outside the traditional realms of this forum.

Looking forward to getting involved.

Cheers.

POW Hungry

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 28, 2000
Eastern Burbs of Sydney
Just arrived on the latest bus over from WZ. Looks like it's still a great community here. Used to lurk on here a lot about 10 years ago. Looks like the place has grown into quite a nice community with a solid management team running a tight (but fun) ship!

Thanks for being so accomodating to new members and new topic creation that's outside the traditional realms of this forum.

Looking forward to getting involved.

Cheers.
Welcome.
Jump into the BBQ thread (alpine Weather) to get up to speed with all the WX natter. It’s a good overview and tone of things these days.

Reactions: Chaeron and balmz

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Clarence Town
Great to be here, don't let the Government know you're letting refugees in! You've even got a climate thread...love to see you guys jumping straight into the deep end :whistle:

There's also a 'gloves off' climate thread in Bear Pit that has been going for years -- you won't see it until you have posted 50 times - but if you would like your access unlocked.. just let me know.

stormygirl

Hard Yards
May 20, 2007
Melb, VIC
Hi Everyone,

Although I may have joined the forum 12 years ago :eek: I believe this may be my first post.

I tended to spend most of my 'forum' time on Weatherzone, which tended to be not so much in the last few years, as I'm just so busy. But as my 2 teenage kids are at the pointy end of school, I may soon find a bit more free time to stalk/read/chase/photograph/throw snow balls etc.

Quite disappointed to see them close. I'd met some wonderful friends over there in the past 15 years :emoji_astonished:

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass