Trip Report AAWT bushwalking. Mt. Erica/Baw Baw N.P. Feb.5th 2020

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Not your average unconventional eccentric.
Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
Melbourne, Lockdown-i-stan .
soundcloud.com
Your correspondent in the field drove a long way for some bushwalking as a day trip.
@Carola came along for the ride. The weather was perfect and the park was looking beautiful. The drive out there took way too long due to Melbourne's increasingly insufferable traffic gridlock and a detour near Pakenham off the unexpectedly closed Princes' Freeway.
I started to relax once we approached Erica.
The walk from the Mt. Erica car park to the Talbot Hut ruins was easy and pleasant. The water in the stream near the Talbot Hut ruins was flowing well. It was very enjoyable to eat lunch there. I would like to walk or XC ski the whole Baw Baw N.P . plateau section of the AAWT one day.
_SAM6598.JPG
_SAM6600.JPG
_SAM6599.JPG
_SAM6601.JPG
_SAM6602.JPG
_SAM6603.JPG
_SAM6606.JPG
_SAM6605.JPG
_SAM6607.JPG

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Not your average unconventional eccentric.
Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
Melbourne, Lockdown-i-stan .
soundcloud.com
The first Sunday in March could possibly be a window of opportunity to walk some more of the AAWT on the Baw Baw plateau. However I would be inclined to walk up from Mt. St. Gwinear car park out to The Talbot hut ruins and camp there and retrace my steps the next day with a possible side trip to the Baw Baw Village. Without a car shuttle at each end, walking 26 kms from Mt. Erica car park to Stronach's camp on the Northern end of the Baw Baws and back seems possibly tricky and time consuming.

Last edited:
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass