1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

access to lodges in spring, road still closed

Discussion in 'Charlotte Pass' started by art, Sep 24, 2015.

1. art

art One of Us

Thinking of booking into a lodge at CP in the next couple of weeks for a family friendly back country base.
    Ive done it a few times once the road is open and its worked well. Wanted to go a week earlier this year.
    however.
    The resort is closed but the road isnt open.
    How do we get there? does oversnow still run? does CP open the road on request to access the lodges?

Thanks

2. Legs Akimbo

Legs Akimbo Grumblebum Ski Pass: Gold

I have no idea if it will work, but try contacting Hans Oversnow at Perisher. They may not have NPWS approval for that trip. On the other hand, they may. It might not be cheap.

3. sbm

sbm One of Us

Always wondered how this worked...I've often met people XC skiing out of Charlotte Pass late in spring, with the road and the resort both closed, and not enough snow to XC ski in!

edit: actually I could be mistaken. Maybe you can only stay there before the resort closes, or after the october long weekend when the road opens?

4. Tree Breaker Bob

Tree Breaker Bob Addicted

The lodge Iám a member of is booked out the week after the lifts close for the cross country contingent, so there must be some way to get in

Bob

5. bluestick

bluestick One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

Ski in take a sled or cp is meant to provide over snow which can be booked just ring in business hours or bike it the road is clear to cp now or ask lodge for key most lodge owners I understand have a key. The osnow ain't cheap $90 rtn I think . In cp now 4 cm of sno cold ok skiing base solid trees ok and wonderfully quiet but a bit of a hoard this we