Accidently bought the US Epic pass for Australia - Help

BenVictoria

Hard Yards
Mar 19, 2018
Hi Team,

I accidentally purchased the US epic pass via https://www.epicpass.com/ and I am wanting to head to falls snow next week.

Unfortunately, as I purchased the US epic pass, I will only receive the pass next month.

What is really frustrating is that I understand the Australia epic pass will let you walk into the ticket booth and pick up your pass early, but as I have purchased the US epic pass I haven't even paid the full amount for the season pass yet.

So I figured I would try and cancel the US pass and purchase an Australia one.

There is no option to do this on the website, the international number does not work it simply disconnects you after 10 seconds, the live chat only directs you to the international number and there is no email for me to send my request to.

I thought about changing my credit number so the payment wouldn't go through but my bank advised it may still be processed.

It just seems like a really unfriendly way to process these season tickets.

Does anyone have any advice?

Chaeron

Ski-Hike-Blade-Bike-Kayak
Ski Pass
Jun 24, 2014
Dandenong Ranges
Hi Team,

I accidentally purchased the US epic pass via https://www.epicpass.com/ and I am wanting to head to falls snow next week.

Unfortunately, as I purchased the US epic pass, I will only receive the pass next month.

What is really frustrating is that I understand the Australia epic pass will let you walk into the ticket booth and pick up your pass early, but as I have purchased the US epic pass I haven't even paid the full amount for the season pass yet.

So I figured I would try and cancel the US pass and purchase an Australia one.

There is no option to do this on the website, the international number does not work it simply disconnects you after 10 seconds, the live chat only directs you to the international number and there is no email for me to send my request to.

I thought about changing my credit number so the payment wouldn't go through but my bank advised it may still be processed.

It just seems like a really unfriendly way to process these season tickets.

Does anyone have any advice?
Call Vail directly via Perisher

https://www.perisher.com.au/contact-us

Also log a web query.

BenVictoria

Hard Yards
Mar 19, 2018
Call Vail directly via Perisher

https://www.perisher.com.au/contact-us

Also log a web query.
Hi,

Thanks, I am trying now. Been on hold for 15 mins.

I was sent this website which was worrying

Extract

"The Epic Pass is sold via www.epicpass.com, starting with the Northern Hemisphere winter season followed by the Australian winter season.

Please note: The Epic Pass is no longer available for purchase for use in the 2021 Australian winter season."

From link

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
Hi,

Thanks, I am trying now. Been on hold for 15 mins.

I was sent this website which was worrying

Extract

"The Epic Pass is sold via www.epicpass.com, starting with the Northern Hemisphere winter season followed by the Australian winter season.

Please note: The Epic Pass is no longer available for purchase for use in the 2021 Australian winter season."

From link
persist and talk to Vail as @Chaeron said

contrary to popular opinion they would rather do the right thing by customers than screw them around for the fun of it.

but be patient. it's a busy time and they are quite likely short staffed like almost all snow businesses this year

BenVictoria

Hard Yards
Mar 19, 2018
- Update, they basically said tough luck on putting the $50 deposit down. You will get an American pass I the mail in a few months.

I will continue to call them to try and get a more favourable outcome.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Jestersded

Hard Yards
Aug 18, 2019
Due to Covid travel restrictions you should be able to get a full refund at least.
I know that doesn't help this season, just looking for a positive

fenrir

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 23, 2010
- Update, they basically said tough luck on putting the $50 deposit down. You will get an American pass I the mail in a few months.

The only way to get out of an epic pass contract is cancel or max out your card at the time they try to take payment. The $50 isn't a "deposit" it's a first instalment payment. The fact they even use the word "deposit" is misleading.

Does this mean you can't buy a pass for this year?

Reactions: Chaeron and skull

skull

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 4, 2017
Does this mean you can't buy a pass for this year?
the Aus Epic passes for 2021 are no longer available. I think they stopped selling them a few weeks ago at the start of this week. I'm not sure but they use to also have the option to buy a season pass once the Epic was no longer available, but IIRC it was in the $1600 range.

OP, at least you are covered for Australian Season 2022 now.

Last edited:
Reactions: crackson and fenrir

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
the Aus Epic passes for 2021 are no longer available. I think they stopped selling them a few weeks ago. I'm not sure but they use to also have the option to buy a season pass once the Epic was no longer available, but IIRC it was in the $1600 range.

Yeah Monday at Midnight was the last time.
Just in season season passes for 1600 bucks per resort now.

nezumi

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 28, 2009
Melbourne
the Aus Epic passes for 2021 are no longer available. I think they stopped selling them a few weeks ago. I'm not sure but they use to also have the option to buy a season pass once the Epic was no longer available, but IIRC it was in the $1600 range.

3 days ago - Aus Epic Pass went off sale on 15 June.

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley

I can perhaps understand losing the $50 . don't agree but they probably figure it would cost them at least that much in faffing around to return it.

I really think they should make an exception and sell you an aus epic pass. Maybe try to escalate it, nicely, and see if someone more senior can help

Reactions: crackson

DidSurfNowSki

One of them
Ski Pass
Jan 19, 2014
Canberra, ACT
I can perhaps understand losing the $50 . don't agree but they probably figure it would cost them at least that much in faffing around to return it.

I really think they should make an exception and sell you an aus epic pass. Maybe try to escalate it, nicely, and see if someone more senior can help
It's not just the $50, he's committed to buying the whole ticket unless there's a valid exemption.

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
It's not just the $50, he's committed to buying the whole ticket unless there's a valid exemption.
ok. i understand the normal policy. i just thought he implied that they could help with 2nd pmt but not the 1st. There are probably other ways around that later if necessary.

I would still be very surprised if this can't be sorted out eventually, if OP can get past people just reciting policies.

crackson

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Oct 20, 2006
The receptionist that answered the call probably doesn't have the power to do anything about it or gaf.

Call them, ask to speak to a manager and ask them politely if anything can be done. Don't be a karen and they will help you.

Reactions: Jonathan_P

crackson

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Oct 20, 2006
I would also speak to a similiar person here, and see if they can make an exception to allow you to buy a pass here late.

You're only trying to transfer a 22 pass to 21, not get out of it.

Surprised someone here hasn't pm'ed and sorted it for you. Would turn bad pr into great pr.

Billy_Buttons

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Mar 25, 2011
Know a lifetime pass member and their 2021 pass didn't get issued. Called the boss and apparently they're having new admin staff teething probs.

Aractus

One of Us
Sep 5, 2018
Canberra
As others have suggested, give Vail another call and be vigilant. Talk to a manager, someone should be able to sort something out for you. Perisher is their main Australian resort, Epic Aust. Passes are managed through Perisher I'd start by calling their number: 1300655822 call at 9AM. At the very least they should be able to cancel your Epic US pass and sell you a Falls Creek resort season pass @ $1600, but as it's an honest mistake they may be able to transfer your pass to an Epic Aust. 2021 as others have suggested. I'd be surprised if this mistake hasn't happened to others.

crackson

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Oct 20, 2006
Had a perisher customer the other day come in for info because perisher were refusing to answer the phones.

Good luck with calling them.

• Haha
Reactions: Aractus and fenrir
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass